Phone audio to car stereo

Apollo0022

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I recently purchased an HTC Droid Incredible 2, and would like to get my phone audio linked to my car stereo (Pioneer DVD, 7 in. display). When I connected the micro-USB cable that came with my charger from my phone to the USB hookup that I used to use for my iPod in my car, the sound still came out of the phone speakers. I've changed connection type to "Internet Connection Mode," but the stereo display says "Incompatible USB." Can the Incredible 2 play streaming internet audio through the use of a USB cable, or is that strictly for MP3, WAV, etc. files. Also, Is there a kind of USB cable that plugs into the headphone jack of the phone? I'd like to try to stay away from the bluetooth.

Last edited:

mousr26#AC

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I recently purchased an HTC Droid Incredible 2, and would like to get my phone audio linked to my car stereo (Pioneer DVD, 7 in. display). When I connected the micro-USB cable that came with my charger from my phone to the USB hookup that I used to use for my iPod in my car, the sound still came out of the phone speakers. I've changed connection type to "Internet Connection Mode," but the stereo display says "Incompatible USB." Can the Incredible 2 play streaming internet audio through the use of a USB cable, or is that strictly for MP3, WAV, etc. files. Also, Is there a kind of USB cable that plugs into the headphone jack of the phone? I'd like to try to stay away from the bluetooth.

I currently use a auxiliary to auxiliary cord you can get from Walmart for about 9 bucks. Plugs into your headphone Jack on phone an auxiliary port on your stereo

Apollo0022

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I currently use a auxiliary to auxiliary cord you can get from Walmart for about 9 bucks. Plugs into your headphone Jack on phone an auxiliary port on your stereo

Thank you for the quick reply! Unfortunately, I don't believe my Pioneer P4200DVD has the aux input in the front of the unit. I have the iPod Direct Control CD-IU50V connection that is routed from the back of my stereo into my glove box. However, this is connected to a USB cable that goes into the stereo. I guess I'm looking for a kind of USB cable that inserts into the headphone jack on my phone. Does such a product exist for the Android market?

jking3002

May 14, 2011
Visit site
^ You're having a software issue, not a hardware issue. I believe it is on the stereo's end, maybe the phones too, but the stereo is set up to only interface with ipods I believe. I'm also not sure if the USB to AUX cord that you talk about exists.