Incredible 2 vs Droid x-2

Bianca12

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I've been researching alot of recent phones and have narrowed down my search between the Incredible 2 or the Droid X-2. Is there anyone who has actually used both devices that can tell me which is better?
I've heard from certain reviews that even though the Droid X-2 has dual core processors its still speed is still on par with the incredible 2. Though the Incredible 2 has a single core processor it also comes with 768 RAM as opposed to the 512 RAM in the X-2.
Also what is the battery life between the Droid x-2 and the Incredible 2?? Some say the X-2 has decent battery life but others say the dual core processor eats batteries like a hungry hippo.

Argh its a tough decision!!!! Any help with the decision would be greatly appreciated. :)

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Do you want a front-facing camera or not? Other than that, what's the difference? I'm joking of course. The 768 MB RAM in the DInc2 is not DDR. I might be mistaken, but I thought all dual-core phones also had DDR RAM. I'm not sure on the technical side of things, but just keep in mind that all RAM is NOT created equal. Remember too, that dual-core does not necessarily make the machine faster. 1 Ghz is 1 Ghz whether dual or single-core. Performance will vary across different chip manufacturers, but you get the point. An upside to dual-core is that it splits the load put on the core, making the device run cooler and therefore use less energy. Of course, this is for software which has been optimized for it, and so far, the Android OS is not. In theory, this would allow for a more powerful phone to consume less battery than its single-core counterpart. At least this is the way I understand it, but I'm just a fan, not an expert by any means.

I can say that I have the DInc2 and have been pretty happy with it thusfar. I like the form factor, and Sense is a very nice UI. The battery life is very good in my experience. As always, YMMV.

Bryan

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used a droid x2 before but I do own a Droid Incredible 2. It is pretty fast and everything runs quite smoothly. The only reason why i wouldn't go with the droid x2 is the awkward hump, but that's just my opinion. Also I hear a lot that motoblur isn't as good as HTC Sense. Motoblur may have improved though I'm not 100% sure

Bianca12

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply it certainly eases my mind. I think I'll choose the incredible 2. I heard more positive reviews from the incredible 2 than the x-2

Blauman

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I too am in the same predicament that you are in. I am eligible for an upgrade and these were the two phones I was looking at. 4G is not that big of a deal to me even though I live in a 4G enabled city. I strolled into a local VZW store to mess with some phones, 4G included to just to see what the fuss is all about, but mostly to use the X2 and Dinc2. I was there for about 30min at least and I came away wanting the Dinc2. It just felt much more fluid and I like the form factor and I admit I like Sense. There was one thing I noticed about the X2 that I wasn't sure what it was until I read some reviews. It had to do with the screen tech it is using, yes it qHD but is a PenTile display. I had read about these before but the issues people were talking about with them I noticed on the X2. Some people may not notice it or even care but it drove me nuts, even though the X2 has a higher pixel count than the Dinc2 I thought the DInc2 looked better in the screen department. I noticed the anomaly when I set the Grass live wallpaper on both devices, the blades on the X2 looked awful IMO, pixelated is the easiest way to describe it. But for me the biggest issue, as I said earlier, was it was really sluggish when moving between home screens and loading up apps. This could have been from the fact that it is a demo unit, but I have read on several sites of others complaining about this. It is true the X2 could be a little more future proof with the Tegra 2 but time will tell.

mmaaddict78

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I just purchased a DInc2 this week after much back and forth between the x2 and the DInc2. After a bunch of online research including tons of youtube videos, I decided to head to a local Verizon store for some hands-on.

The first thing I noticed was the way the DInc2 felt very light and balanced in my hand. The x2 was pretty good in this department, but the elongated shape and camera lump were kind of awkward. The next thing I noticed was the screen. The x2 is suppose to have a higher resolution screen but the DInc2 screen seemed much sharper and the colors "popped" on the DInc2. After flicking through some screens and launching some apps, I noticed the DInc2 to be the more fluid and snappy experience. I guess all the processor cores in the world won't help you if your OS isn't optimized for multi-cores.

The deal sealer for me was when I was almost finished playing with the two devices. I went to unlock the screen on the x2 and it was froze. I had heard of this issue with the phone and figured that if it happened in the 20 mins I was there, then it would surely happen again. The sales guy said he had never seen it happen and had to pull the battery to get the phone going again.

It's only been a few days, but I am very happy with my purchase. I don't live in a 4G area and we won't be getting it within the next year or so. The phone doesn't seem to get as good a signal as my old Pre Plus, but otherwise it's nearly perfect.

drtroostr

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I have had my Dinc2 activated for about 3 days. I am coming from a BB Curve 8530 so needless to say I am still getting used to it. I have absolutely no complaints with this phone, but (and its a big but) the signal strength is disappointing. I ALWAYS had good strength with my BB and rarely dropped calls. Since having this Dinc2, I have dropped about 6 calls in 3 days. I spend more time in 1X than I do 3G which a battery drain on an already short charge life. Regardless of bars, which I normally only have none or 1, I am only receiving between 90-100dBm. I don't really care about 4G or dual cores- just want a good multimedia phone. This could be a GREAT multimedia phone if only I could get the signal to pull what it should. Have read many forums with customers having this problem.

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I have had my Dinc2 activated for about 3 days. I am coming from a BB Curve 8530 so needless to say I am still getting used to it. I have absolutely no complaints with this phone, but (and its a big but) the signal strength is disappointing. I ALWAYS had good strength with my BB and rarely dropped calls. Since having this Dinc2, I have dropped about 6 calls in 3 days. I spend more time in 1X than I do 3G which a battery drain on an already short charge life. Regardless of bars, which I normally only have none or 1, I am only receiving between 90-100dBm. I don't really care about 4G or dual cores- just want a good multimedia phone. This could be a GREAT multimedia phone if only I could get the signal to pull what it should. Have read many forums with customers having this problem.

you know, its funny but after reading your post, I realized the same issue has happened to me. I came from a BB Bold 9650 and although this phone is amazing in just about every single way, particularly when comparing the the aging blackberry line, I do have to say that I relate to your observation. My signal strength is all over the place. I live in NYC and 3g coverage is usually very good here. And looking at my bars, I'd have to say that its in 1x 50 % of the time.

However, I dont get dropped calls so I wonder if its an issue with the bars itself rather than the network connection. Internet is fast bt I'm not sure if its 3g fast when it says 1x. Still testing to see....

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
HTC makes better phones than Motorola in my opinion and Sense is a lot smoother than motoblur. The one area where HTC is always lacking KS battery life. I would assume the the Droid X2 has better battery life at this point. But I would definitely go with the Droid Incredible 2.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Yeah the battery life is comparable to the iPhone 4 which demolished every Android phone I've owned so that says good thugs about this battery life it will easily last Me a day if I have good signal. Shoot one day I made it 36 hours with light usage

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
here's my reason for not getting the X or the X2?

The giant lump on the back of it. my leg just hurts looking at it and imagining that in my pocket.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
LOL I could take the hump if it had a camera on oar with Nokia's but I'm not down with MOTO and if this device doesn't get unlocked by HTC my anger will turn towards VZW they already blocked to many good sense features

ExXeroid

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Dinc 2 Dropped calls

I have had my Dinc2 for about a month and I have been dropping calls by 10 magnitudes greater than with my previous 2 Samsung, Verizon phones.
I have dropped more calls in the last month than i have in the last 4 years.
I have been dropping calls in areas where I previously never had a problem (My home and my office)
My wife just got the Verizon Iphone and has no problem getting or making calls
I love the phone it works great, i love the things it can do (I have had good results while surfing and getting email and video and such) but I use the phone for work and i need to be able to talk on my phone.
I have already spoken to Verizon and they are sending a replacement (RECONDITIONED) Dinc2.
My daughter has the Dinc2 and she has the same problems however she is 13 and she is all about TXT Email and web.

I havent had any multi media problems like you have been experiencing just seeing the signal strength constantly changing and the dropped calls.

SpringRyan

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the battery life is comparable to the iPhone 4 which demolished every Android phone I've owned so that says good thugs about this battery life it will easily last Me a day if I have good signal. Shoot one day I made it 36 hours with light usage
I'll take a weaker signal and improved battery life all day but thats just me

Devinhfox

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Try out the x2 screen.
Once you get sick of the Commodore 64 type pixel separation, look at the dinc2 screen.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

bigsapz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I have had my Dinc2 for about a month and I have been dropping calls by 10 magnitudes greater than with my previous 2 Samsung, Verizon phones.
I have dropped more calls in the last month than i have in the last 4 years.
I have been dropping calls in areas where I previously never had a problem (My home and my office)
My wife just got the Verizon Iphone and has no problem getting or making calls
I love the phone it works great, i love the things it can do (I have had good results while surfing and getting email and video and such) but I use the phone for work and i need to be able to talk on my phone.
I have already spoken to Verizon and they are sending a replacement (RECONDITIONED) Dinc2.
My daughter has the Dinc2 and she has the same problems however she is 13 and she is all about TXT Email and web.

I havent had any multi media problems like you have been experiencing just seeing the signal strength constantly changing and the dropped calls.

Try *228 or ROOT and flash a hybrid PRL.

sent from my 2.3.4 Incredible

bigsapz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
HTC makes better phones than Motorola in my opinion and Sense is a lot smoother than motoblur. The one area where HTC is always lacking KS battery life. I would assume the the Droid X2 has better battery life at this point. But I would definitely go with the Droid Incredible 2.

Well said. The x2 is a huge step up from the original GARBAGE X but its still a moto and they ALL suck.

sent from my 2.3.4 Incredible

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87