new Dinc2 , yay!

rhcreed

May 24, 2011
Visit site
just brought home my Dinc2 to replace my storm,

any tips for a new android user?
what apps can't you live without? (already have facebook and twitter)

I connected to my MSN account, any way to do a "mark all read" cause they all show as unread.

thanks for the input!

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Congratulations on the Incredible 2! We've seen a lot of members transition from Blackberry over the last few years, and this article is so good I always want to make sure every ex BB user has an opportunity to read it.

I can't help you with your MSN mail question because I use a combination of Gmail and Exchange. I do have a few apps that I use on a regular basis. One thing about Sense is that it eliminates the need for a lot of 3rd party apps.

AudioManager - for ringer/volume profiles
iSyncr for syncing with iTunes
Google Voice
and if you ever buy a Sonos - the Sonos app.

tack

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Just came from a Storm2 to Dinc2 6 weeks ago myself. Did you setup Hotmail as an Activesync/Exchange account? If not, you should. That might take care of your issue.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I converted to gmail after buying an Android phone. No regrets. gmail will import your mail from another account for 30 days to help you change over. Gmail integration with Android is very good. You may want to consider cutting the cord with MSN.

I really like Kik messenger. It's cross platform; so your other smart phone using friends can link up with you without using SMS messages. Tango for video chatting. HBO Go if you are an HBO subscriber.

Blauman

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Well I picked up my Inc2 yesterday at Costco! Still getting used to everything, mainly the contacts stuff. I came from an LG Versa so this is huge change over from that thing. Got it for cheaper than I thought I would as well since Costco only charged me the tax on what they paid for the phone and not the full retail value of it, plus I had to make sure to get a new phone before the 7th to get the unlimited plan. Very happy with the phone now just Ned to get a nice case for it, I was looking at the Seido Innocase Surface, anyone try this case out or one that is like it?

chassum

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Just got my Dinc2. Still had 56 days before I was eligible to upgrade from my eris, but the Nice Lady at the Store said if I called support I could probably convince them to do it now. Support guy in AZ asked my what phone I'd like and over-nighted a Dinc2 to me. I really loved my old eris, but this new one really rocks!

I had an over-clocked eris. My wife & kids have the ThunderBolt. So I had some idea of what to expect. I've kept up with the various complaints in the forums, so I was looking for any of the known problems.

First impressions: As far as I can tell, I've got the best 3G phone inn the world! :) Fast, smooth, outstanding battery life, great feel and excellent display. I think my 4" display is crisper than the 4.3 on the ThunderBolt. Speaker seems as good as the ThunderBolt and sound is pretty awesome if you're using headphones. I'm running all the apps, docs, music, and photos I had crammed on my eris and still have lots of RAM & SD. Now I'm wondering what other apps should I get?

Best Apps?: Coming from an eris, I didn't do much photography, so what are the best photo apps out there? I'm also interested in tracking my exercise and weight-loss. What to use? Any other apps that people are using now that they have a phone that can handle them?

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Just got my Dinc2. Still had 56 days before I was eligible to upgrade from my eris, but the Nice Lady at the Store said if I called support I could probably convince them to do it now. Support guy in AZ asked my what phone I'd like and over-nighted a Dinc2 to me. I really loved my old eris, but this new one really rocks!

I had an over-clocked eris. My wife & kids have the ThunderBolt. So I had some idea of what to expect. I've kept up with the various complaints in the forums, so I was looking for any of the known problems.

First impressions: As far as I can tell, I've got the best 3G phone inn the world! :) Fast, smooth, outstanding battery life, great feel and excellent display. I think my 4" display is crisper than the 4.3 on the ThunderBolt. Speaker seems as good as the ThunderBolt and sound is pretty awesome if you're using headphones. I'm running all the apps, docs, music, and photos I had crammed on my eris and still have lots of RAM & SD. Now I'm wondering what other apps should I get?

Best Apps?: Coming from an eris, I didn't do much photography, so what are the best photo apps out there? I'm also interested in tracking my exercise and weight-loss. What to use? Any other apps that people are using now that they have a phone that can handle them?

For tracking exercise and weight loss go with myfitnesspal it will track weight and calories consumed to make weight loss easier

Cidman0123

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
After a lot of research and going back and forth between the tbolt, charge and dinc2 (and a little X2 in there) I settled on the dinc2 and have been very happy with it.

I came from an LG Env Touch so this is a fairly big step up for me. What was supposed to be a 'almost' smartphone ended up being a normal old dumb phone.

I'm not quite experiencing the amazing battery as a lot are. I get one days carge just fine and plug it in at night. However, I have been playing with it a lot. Right now screen on time has been 4 hours and I'm about to need to charge again for the night. I think 30% left.

Anyway, great phone!

jtwildman1

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on your switch. I absolutely love this phone. Only two issues i have found, low speaker volume and the HTC mail client doesn't sync well at all. My favorite app for music is power amp.. it's awesome. If you are looking for an awesome keyboard to replace the HTC stock version, Flex 9 is super... works better than swype.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
My girlfriend just made a (HUGE) upgrade from BB Pearl to dinc 2. I have a feeling I'll be spending lots of time in this forum now... Can't wait!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz