09-17-2011 10:54 AM
27 12
tools
    I love this phone! It is what I wanted the OG Incredible to be. I have a question to ask my fellow DInc 2 users. Is your power button becoming recessed into your phone. My power button has become almost impossible to push. Should I return it and get a new one?

Let me know.
    Thanks
    06-21-2011 04:13 PM
    If you look down directly at where the power button is, and if you can't see it sticking out then i would take it back to the store asap... I've just looked at mine and it clearly is sticking out.
    UnicyclistRobe likes this.
    06-21-2011 04:47 PM
    If you look down directly at where the power button is, and if you can't see it sticking out then i would take it back to the store asap... I've just looked at mine and it clearly is sticking out.
    Good to know. Thank you. Just wanted to make sure that I was the only one with the issue.
    06-21-2011 05:02 PM
    Mine is barely sticking out.
    Definitely one of the biggest "seriously..... Why????? " complaints about this phone.

The other being the speaker phone tinny sound...... Seriously... Why???!!!
    06-21-2011 05:29 PM
    We should get some pictures up to compare. I will post some pictures later tonight. Mine is barely sticking out as well. Mostly just the left corner.
    06-21-2011 05:39 PM
    See the pictures.
    06-21-2011 09:28 PM
    See the pictures.
    Wow. Mine looks exactly like yours. I'm within my 14 day exchange period and asked Verizon to send me a new one. I wonder if I needed too if they're all like that..........
    06-22-2011 08:05 AM
    Mine is the same way as well, VERY annoying...
    06-22-2011 08:25 AM
    So everyone's looks like that, but are they also difficult to push?

I have about an 70% chance of hitting it right the first try. And that first try is with much more force than other phones I have had. (Droid X and OG DInc)

So is yours hard to push?
    06-22-2011 08:31 AM
    So everyone's looks like that, but are they also difficult to push?

I have about an 70% chance of hitting it right the first try. And that first try is with much more force than other phones I have had. (Droid X and OG DInc)

So is yours hard to push?
    Mine is not to hard to push, but just got it yesterday.
    06-22-2011 09:32 AM
    Mine is not to hard to push, but just got it yesterday.
    Same here. Does not protrude too far, and the case makes it seem further down.
    06-22-2011 09:43 AM
    Is anyone else finding that the right side of the power button is more sunken in then the left?
    06-22-2011 10:23 AM
    Is anyone else finding that the right side of the power button is more sunken in then the left?
    Yes mine is that way.
    06-22-2011 10:39 AM
    Mine is firm and sometimes difficult to press. On the other hand, it's unlikely to turn on in your pocket.
    06-22-2011 06:16 PM
    Mine is firm and sometimes difficult to press. On the other hand, it's unlikely to turn on in your pocket.
    Haha. That is looking on the bright side.
    06-22-2011 08:08 PM
    I was just about to say that about the attached picture, if i look at mine, it is up on both sides and thats why maybe some of you guys are having problems.

My button works every time i press it and have no problems as you guys mention... go to the store and double check it against the store model if possible?
    UnicyclistRobe likes this.
    06-22-2011 09:22 PM
    I did - it's definitely in the store than on my phone.
    06-23-2011 10:07 AM
    I just went to the store and changed them out. The new phone is a huge difference over the last one. There is solid connection each time with a noticeable click when the button is depressed. Hopefully this one holds up. I would encourage anyone to go exchange them if they're having a problem.

Edit: okay so after a few hours it is still better but I can feel it getting hard to use again. Why did they make it like this???
    06-23-2011 10:25 AM
    Mine is also hard to push sometimes and does not stick out too much.
    06-23-2011 01:16 PM
    I just went to the store and changed them out. The new phone is a huge difference over the last one. There is solid connection each time with a noticeable click when the button is depressed. Hopefully this one holds up. I would encourage anyone to go exchange them if they're having a problem.

Edit: okay so after a few hours it is still better but I can feel it getting hard to use again. Why did they make it like this???
    I suspect HTC sees this as an aesthetic feature, designed to make the phone look a bit more sleek and to keep the phone from being turned on by accident.

I have a Seidio Surface case that while thin, still sticks up just enough to make the button a bit harder to press. It's a mild annoyance but nothing that ruins my day.
    06-23-2011 06:26 PM
    Yeah my power button is like yours too. My wife's though is super easy to press. I'm betting that in here pocket, it turns on the screen from time to time it's that easy.

What I do, on my phone, is to get it to lock, I hold the phone in my right hand, my index finger on the button and I "pull" it towards the front of the phone, i.e. towards the screen, then I press down and it works almost every time.

Also, it sticks "up" further on the right side if you are looking at the front of the phone, then the left. The left side is sucken way down there. I am out of the 14 day window so all they can do for me is send me a remaned which I will not take. I can live with it.

I just find it amazing that my wife's is "normal" but yet, so many of us, on here at least, have the problem.

The store display is "normal" too.

I'm debating on opening the back up and seeing if maybe I can fix it.

Does anyone know if iFixit.com has torn this thing apart?
    06-24-2011 03:13 AM
    I've had my DINC 2 for 10 days now and this just became an issue on mine today. It is hard to get it to come on most of the time...
    07-10-2011 06:41 PM
    My power button has now gotten to the point where I almost can't turn it on or off. Like, I almost have to break it to put the phone to sleep.

It's really annoying now. I can't seem to find anything online about a way of fixing. I did find a "replacement" button online but they want $15 for the button. A tiny little plastic button for $15. I paid $80 for the ENTIRE phone. I would really like to avoid that.

If you were one of the ones with the "soft" button issue, take this as a warning, it will eventually turn to be impossible to press. Hopefully it doesn't happen, but you've been warned.
    09-13-2011 03:06 PM
    Same issue here. I bought the Otterbox Commuter case a while back. It has a raised section over the power button that works well. With the case, powers on and off about 90% first try. Without the case I have to use my fingernail to push the button and even then it takes a few tries.
    09-16-2011 12:03 PM
    I too am having this issue. It also is/was an issue on the Thunderbolt. HTC kind of deal I guess. My battery cover on the upper left side (looking at the back of the phone) to the outside of the camera lens creaks and pops when im pressing on it (like whenever i go to do anything on the phone).
    09-16-2011 12:32 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD