Dinc2 over Thunderbolt

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
The two major reasons were size and battery life. I think the Inc2 is the perfect screen size. Also because I do not have 4G in my area and will not get it for some time.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I havent gotten it yet but besides the horror stories with the TB, it was price. I dont have the clams to blow on a phone. the Inc2 is the best that isnt 4G IMO.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
i hear ya kirk. i actually have both. i'm trying to sell the thunderbolt right now. it is a nice device but i found it to be too heavy. and i have small-ish hands and its too hard to use one handed

hachiroku13954

May 13, 2011
Visit site
price. $80 on Amazon. and also battery life. i have heard horror stories about the battery life being stupidly short. even though i have 4G in my area, i rarely gonna use it since i live close to the hills and my signal isn't that great. plus the size is just about right along with the weight.

juggle

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
No brainer for me. No 4G in our area and I doubt we'll be getting it until the end of the roll-out since we're not a big market. (though to be fair VZW did get us 3G way sooner than I expected, 2 years before AT&T and 3 years before Sprint got 3G to our area.)

So why would I pay twice as much for a phone that's (IMHO) too big, has worse battery life, and the only real benefit to it is one I wouldn't be able to use without traveling anyway. And living on the border with Mexico and occasionally visiting down there I'm more likety to use the GSM capabilities of the Inc2 than the 4G ability of the TB.

I had been holding off on the Inc2 though because of the locked bootloader...the announcement last week from AlphaX finally broke my resolve. And I'm glad it did. I've been stuck on a Omnia (with hacked winmo 6.5) and sitting on my upgrade for half a year waiting for just the right device. 3 days in I'm loving my Inc2!

UnicyclistRobe

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I live in a highly saturated 4G area (South Florida) but still choose this over the Thunderbolt. I live for faster speed of anything but one thing that I can not stand is short battery life. The Inc2 runs circles around the Thunderbolt in this area.

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm not due for an upgrade for a while yet, but if I were I would defiantly pick the Dinc2 over the Bolt. 4G really isn't a factor for me since I have my phone on wifi 99.9% of the time, and the Thunderbolt's terrible battery life kills it for me.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Hello. New to the forums but not to android. The inc2 is my 4th android device. I got it over tb and all other vzw phones because gb performs well on this device (after factory reset), 20+ hrs battery, thin, great build, ram, and it supposedly has mhl tv out according to HTC (even though they don't make a cable for this device yet).

sent from my inc2

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how the tbolt compares to the Charge but I just watched a side-by-side battle with a Charge vs a DInc2 and other than 4G (all tests were performed with Wifi for web) the little DInc2 held its own against a $300 powerhouse.

Even more excited about it now.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Yea for some reason my 3g data speeds are a lot faster on my dinc2 than on my d1 or Fascinate. Data speeds are double what I got on my Fascinate...I think the 3g radio is better in this phone than older 3g phones.

sent from my inc2

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Not to derail but I thought I remember seeing a review showing that the bat cover was aluminum with antenna connections built into it so that the whole battery cover was essentially an antenna. Am I trippin'?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk

djaquez21

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I went with the Dinc2 for four reasons. One was the price, which was $50 cheaper than the Thunderbolt. Two, I just liked the appearance better. Three, battery life, which was my biggest issue. Four would be that 4G isn't close to where I live. I'm glad with my choice cause people were complaining about random reboots (which got an update) and not getting the Gingerbread update. But I did like the size of the Thunderbolt, wish the Dinc2 was as big..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX