Newbe needs help with screen time out and lock

pianomanss87

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
HI. Did a search but could not find a specific answer for this. I would like the screen brightness to time out at 2 minutes and the screen to lock at 10 minutes. Can this be done.

Thanks

Piano Man

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Yep go into settings-> display-> screen time out and set for your desired 2 minutes. Go back into the main settings menu and choose security -> lock phone after-> set for the desired 10 minutes. You will have to have a lock of some sort already set up for the lock phone after option to show up. If you don't choose your lock type pattern, pin, password. Set it then choose you time out and you are all set to go.

pianomanss87

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi Vudumedic. Thanks for your reply. I guess I mean the slide lock that shows up when I bring the phone out of what I think is a sleep mode. Right now I have the screen set to time out at 2 minutes. When I bring the screen back there is a slide lock. No password or anything needed just slide it down. Can that be set to lock 10 minutes after the screen shuts off.

Thanks

Piano Man

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you can bypass the slide lock on wake up. Since it's a touch screen device, the slide lock prevents apps from accidentally launching and "pocket dialing". Anyone know a work around?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance