Can't seem to install certain APK's

spikbeatz

May 9, 2011
Visit site
For some reason, I can't seem to get certain APK's to install. I have lost my swype beta because of this. I just tried to download cut the rope from Getjar and that didn't install. I have downloaded LogCat fine from the market and other apps as well but for some reason, some just don't work.

I really just want to get swype back on my phone. I'm using swiftkey x beta seeing as that is the next best keyboard I have.

I have temp rooted the phone but only froze most of the VZW stuff and I did that like almost 2 months ago when the temp root first got published on here.

I have had NO problems until this past week when I tried to update my swype beta to 3.0.

Should I "unmount" my SD card from the phone then "remount" it?

I really don't know where to go from here. It get's really frustrating when something so simple as "install" won't work.

spikbeatz

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I "unmounted" the SD card and I'm still having problems with installing certain APK's. This sucks because the only one I really want to install is Swype's apk so I can continue to use the beta.

I'll just live with it, but I just don't get why all of a sudden it's doing it. It's been fine up until I posted this thread. Hmmm....

popzblue

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I have this same problem! and I can't install my swype too..

I've always thought is a swype problem till today when I tried to install some other apk.

Have you found a solution?

Thanks!

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I have this same problem! and I can't install my swype too..

I've always thought is a swype problem till today when I tried to install some other apk.

Have you found a solution?

Thanks!

Did you do as Vudumedic suggested to spikbeatz? You have to have the "allow of non market apps" box checked for you to install the Swype apk.