MyVerizon App

Nothing2Lose

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
My friend has a Dinc2 and her MyVerizon App does not work. She can't even open it without the new update and the new update doesn't seem to work. She has rebooted, uinstalled the update, reinstalled it and still nothing. Anybody know what the problem is? Thanks.

Sugrat

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Silly question, do you have wi-fi turned off? I noticed sometimes that I can't access the application if i have my wi-fi turned on..

Is the application asking for you to do a force quit or just closes?

silentbobdrummer

May 29, 2010
Visit site
My girlfriend's Dinc 2 is having that same issue. It updated automatically, and when it opens it force closes and will continue to randomly force close when not in the app. Uninstalling the update fixed it but it's still unusable. And this happened on both wifi off and on.

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
My girlfriend's Dinc 2 is having that same issue. It updated automatically, and when it opens it force closes and will continue to randomly force close when not in the app. Uninstalling the update fixed it but it's still unusable. And this happened on both wifi off and on.

Shortly after the update was released there were a number of complaints in the market of it force closing and not working. I installed it twice. Each time it showed it allegedly trying to connect to wifi, which was off. After the second install I let the widget sit undisturbed for a while and it finally started working---I have no idea why.

Given the number of complaints, I have to believe the update has some flaws that need to be fixed. Frankly, it's not worth the trouble. Even when it works, the number of MB showing in the widget is less than that showing in the full app.

Nothing2Lose

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
thanks hachiroku1354864815453118498, it worked! She uninstalled the update, reinstalled it from market place using wifi (dunno if that does anything) and rebooted right after it installed. Thanks!

btw the 86 is a pretty cool car.

chshrkt

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I got it to work. If you have the update installed, uninstall it. Then go back to the market and install the update again. Once it is downloaded and installed, restart your phone. Do not open the app or anything. Restart your phone. After rebooting, it should be able to work.

^^ This.

Both my wife and I had to install, and uninstall, then reinstall, reboot immediately after installation completed. Though my wife accidentally turned her phone off rather than reboot, and when she turned it back on, it still wouldn't work.

So, uninstall, reinstall, Reboot. Voila!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech