New leaked pics!!

k6tcher

May 29, 2011
Visit site
For incredible fans, this is probably a welcomed design.
I am not impressed and it is because of the screen... maybe the processor too. But I guess we'll have to wait to see about that.
And that red Power button is funky!
This phone by no means is in the same leauge with the One S.
Oh well... another "pass" on a lackluster phone from Verizon.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
For incredible fans, this is probably a welcomed design.
I am not impressed and it is because of the screen... maybe the processor too. But I guess we'll have to wait to see about that.
And that red Power button is funky!
This phone by no means is in the same leauge with the One S.
Oh well... another "pass" on a lackluster phone from Verizon.

Boohoo go run and cry because this has only a qhd screen. If it does have the s4 it will outperform any phone on verizon but nothing is good enough for you

k6tcher

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Boohoo go run and cry because this has only a qhd screen. If it does have the s4 it will outperform any phone on verizon but nothing is good enough for you
Not just because it has a low-res pentile screen but also because I have diabetes and need a higher-res and larger screen to see with my bad eyes. Geez.. don't be such a [insert obligatory name for someone who is just rude and awful].

Reactions: AndroidBlizzard

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Not just because it has a low-res pentile screen but also because I have diabetes and need a higher-res and larger screen to see with my bad eyes. Geez.. don't be such a [insert obligatory name for someone who is just rude and awful].

then why comment on it in the first place when clearly it isn't something that works for you? Not to mention it will still be pretty decent pixel count with 4inch screen. Not to mention .3 doesnt make much of a difference especially for someone with diabetes. Various members of my family have it and they dont need 6 inch screens....

Last edited:

k6tcher

May 29, 2011
Visit site
For once I think you are right. I should not have posted in athread started by YOU. I just figured since I was interested in the OneX and OneS, I would keep up with news on the posibility of Verizon getting a phone by HTC that would be close to one of them. I was hoping the Fireball would be between the OneS and OneX. It clearly isn't.

P.S. look up "significant macular edemia (spelling?)". Straight lines look like curves to me. The more compact the screen is, the harder it is to make things out quickly. You sir, are heartless and cruel with your attacks.

Reactions: mrbro0ks

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
For once I think you are right. I should not have posted in athread started by YOU. I just figured since I was interested in the OneX and OneS, I would keep up with news on the posibility of Verizon getting a phone by HTC that would be close to one of them. I was hoping the Fireball would be between the OneS and OneX. It clearly isn't.

P.S. look up "significant macular edemia (spelling?)". Straight lines look like curves to me. The more compact the screen is, the harder it is to make things out quickly. You sir, are heartless and cruel with your attacks.

Nobody is attacking you I was just stating a point.

k6tcher

May 29, 2011
Visit site
then why comment on it in the first place when clearly it isn't something that works for you? Not to mention it will still be pretty decent pixel count with 4inch screen. Not to mention .3 doesnt make much of a difference especially for someone with diabetes. Various members of my family have it and they dont need 6 inch screens....
Nice way to EDIT this post to make it sound less aggressive on your part.

Also, "nobody" was attacking me. . . it was just YOU.

But I am done. I want to apologize for posting my (admittedly) unfavorable comments on the Verizon Fireball phone in a thread you started. I promise to never post in a thread started by you again. This should make things better for both of us.

Take care, fella.

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm so unimpressed with how this turned out. Happy for those of you that like thick phones with small pentile screens though. :p

Hopefully Sprint formally announces their LTE plans for Los Angeles soon. Combined with a 30 dollar upgrade fee, I really don't see any benefit to settling for this thing.

Wontfinishlast

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm so unimpressed with how this turned out. Happy for those of you that like thick phones with small pentile screens though. :p

Hopefully Sprint formally announces their LTE plans for Los Angeles soon. Combined with a 30 dollar upgrade fee, I really don't see any benefit to settling for this thing.

Word. This is what I would upgrade to if I had no other choice. But def not worth getting locked into a 2 year contract...

Couck#WN

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Where does it talk about a pentile screen? I didn't see that and thought htc didn't use that technology.?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I dont understand how you think 4.3" phones are huge. Im a tiny kid and 4.3" seems small at times.

So much wasted space on current 4.3 phones with huge bezels( razr comes to mind) Just could fit larger screens in the same size but like I said I would rather have 4" than 4.3+. That's just me

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
So much wasted space on current 4.3 phones with huge bezels( razr comes to mind) Just could fit larger screens in the same size but like I said I would rather have 4" than 4.3+. That's just me

The RAZR is an outlier, because it has larger bezels to make up for the lack of space caused by its thin-ness. It is bigger than my Nexus with a 4.65 inch screen.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I've used everything from iPhones to the Note and I personally like the OG DInc (3.8) and DInc 2 screen sizes. Larger than 4" and I can't get to the top right corner of the screen one handed with out juggling the phone a bit. (I'm left handed) And since the top left hand corner is where all the menu options went, I use it a lot.

I wish it was more like the One X in specs with a 4"screen, but the One S is good too. If it has the One series camera, like they speculated it might in the log post, that will be a big plus.

EDIT: It would be nice too if they started putting decent batteries in these things too. 1700 is not going to be big enough for heavy usage. At least it has a removable battery and Sideo will have a 3800 for it soon. ;)

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I've used everything from iPhones to the Note and I personally like the OG DInc (3.8) and DInc 2 screen sizes. Larger than 4" and I can't get to the top right corner of the screen one handed with out juggling the phone a bit. (I'm left handed) And since the top left hand corner is where all the menu options went, I use it a lot.

I wish it was more like the One X in specs with a 4"screen, but the One S is good too. If it has the One series camera, like they speculated it might in the log post, that will be a big plus.

EDIT: It would be nice too if they started putting decent batteries in these things too. 1700 is not going to be big enough for heavy usage. At least it has a removable battery and Sideo will have a 3800 for it soon. ;)

1700 is a lot bigger than what usually sgips in the box. I always expect 1300/1400 max. Then again, I'm thinking non lte devices here.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, even after reading those specs over and over ad nauseam, it's still the phone I am most likely to get to replace my OG DInc. (The thought of that already makes me sad) But I am waiting for the true price to drop. $100-$200 is a good price for this phone. Hopefully it will get supported long after release and not given the shaft 6 months after it comes out.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
On the bright side... It looks like all the OEM's have slowed down releases this year. I think by this time last year VZW had several Moto, LG and HTC phones out. One of the reasons the DInc 2 got so little love for a really good phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR