ImageSense Required for Sense 4 a Blatant Lie?

Biopsidy

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
So, can someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't HTC say that one of the reasons for not putting Sense 4 on the Rezound was that none of the current devices support ImageSense or have it built in? And now, the new Incredible is said to NOT have ImageSense? Umm... can we get someone from Android Central to contact HTC about this if this is the case. I'd really like to hear another excuse for what we all know is just a company not wanting to put the updated UI on their old phones in an attempt to get you to buy new equipment.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
it was discussed somewhere on here before. There is a separate chip for the camera that isnt present in the current models. It isn't all software

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
So, can someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't HTC say that one of the reasons for not putting Sense 4 on the Rezound was that none of the current devices support ImageSense or have it built in? And now, the new Incredible is said to NOT have ImageSense? Umm... can we get someone from Android Central to contact HTC about this if this is the case. I'd really like to hear another excuse for what we all know is just a company not wanting to put the updated UI on their old phones in an attempt to get you to buy new equipment.

You have a link where HTC said that?

ImageSense is not dependent on sense 4, and sense 4 is not dependent on ImageSense.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Correct, I am running S4 (from the One X) on my Rezound right now. it doesnt have all the bells and whistles yet, but 75% of it is there I believe

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

From that Engadget article:

According to HTC, there are a couple reasons: first, users of legacy devices are accustomed to the previous interface, and the upgrade adds the features and benefits of ICS without upsetting that user experience.

They should have simply stuck with this reasoning and this reasoning only as to why older devices won't get Sense 4 (officially).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca