Am I the only one who cares about this thing coming out?

draco1986

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Any one have word of when the Dinc 4g LTE is releasing? I really hope it is out by next month since I'm due for an upgrade and am ready to move from Touchwiz 3.0 to Sense 4.

hazardouse21

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm torn between this phone and the rezound. My upgrade date is tomorrow so I have been checking this forum every day. Haven't seen any updates :(

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

dapercy

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
rezound is a good phone, but the processor and battery life of this phone will far exceed the rezound. If you value both wait for it.

Reactions: Ry

draco1986

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I know the One phones and the Ego Lte have better specs, but I don't need a phone with much bigger screen than 4". And in my mind the only thing this is really missing is ImageSense. But the removable battery and SD card slot will make up for that.

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't really understand why ppl are not excited about this! Dual core, hd screen, nfc, likely a world phone, 4in! 4in was always the sweet spot for many ppl and with all the arguments I've heard about droids being too big these days, u would think we would love a 4incher! Apple never strayed from this philosophy and their meezly 3.5in screen is selling better than any droid head to head! Idk how the inc 4g is going to do, but i pray that htc sticks to their guns on this screen size now and going forward! As for the dude on podcast that makes a 4in screen sound like a downer, i have been smh on that opinion for some time now! Very strange to say this! Ppl speak from both sides of their face on this issue! If the incredible line dies out or becomes another evo, or even a galaxy note, don't cry then that u can't slip it in ur pocket easily anymore and wish u had something smaller

Sent from my HTC Inc2 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: draco1986

draco1986

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't really understand why ppl are not excited about this! Dual core, hd screen, nfc, likely a world phone, 4in! 4in was always the sweet spot for many ppl and with all the arguments I've heard about droids being too big these days, u would think we would love a 4incher! Apple never strayed from this philosophy and their meezly 3.5in screen is selling better than any droid head to head! Idk how the inc 4g is going to do, but i pray that htc sticks to their guns on this screen size now and going forward! As for the dude on podcast that makes a 4in screen sound like a downer, i have been smh on that opinion for some time now! Very strange to say this! Ppl speak from both sides of their face on this issue! If the incredible line dies out or becomes another evo, or even a galaxy note, don't cry then that u can't slip it in ur pocket easily anymore and wish u had something smaller

I agree a 4" qHD screen should be more than sufficient. I mean my 800x400 Fascinate looks good (other than the fact I can see the pentile now that it's been pointed out to me. You can't unsee that!). Overall this is hopefully going to be a powerhouse of a phone at $50 cheaper than it's competition, iPhone or other Android!

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Actually i have to make a small correction. The engadget folks are really the ones complaining about the 4in screen being too small... I dont remember quite honestly if phil or any of the other podcasters here have conplained about that.

draco1986

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Actually i have to make a small correction. The engadget folks are really the ones complaining about the 4in screen being too small... I dont remember quite honestly if phil or any of the other podcasters here have conplained about that.

I don't think they have, I've been hearing most of the complaints coming from the Phonedog guys...they have quickly lost creditability with me. I haven't spent much time on Engadget.

Dr. Droidberg

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm really looking forward to this phone too. I really wish it did have the ImageSense camera, but the 4" screen & S4 processor is going to end up swaying me towards this anyway.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
This thing has high-end specs with a smaller screen, a screen size that is perfect for a lot of people I know.

I definitely consider this a high-end phone. Don't let the lack of a 1280x720 screen fool you.

If I was in the market for a new phone when this comes out, I would definitely consider it.

BTW, does anyone make a 4" 1280x720 screen?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

..it doesn't have an HD screen.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

06cbrf4i

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I was really hoping this would be Verizon's version of the One S, but it's not. I'm still going to check it out though and see if I like it. I really wish it had a 4.3" screen and full ImageSense. Should still be a solid phone though depending on the price.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The problem with this phone is similar to the problem they had with the DInc 2. It's was perceived to be a mid-line phone. All the hype around the One series has everyone thinking that this a less than the One, especially without the camera.

Frankly I wish VZW would get off their dead a**'s and onto their dying feet and offer the same high-end phones that the rest of the world has. As the biggest CDMA carrier in the world it would be no problem for OEM's to slide a CDMA radio into their GSM phones and just make one device for the global market. Unfortunately, VZW beileves they have to "differentiate" themselves from other carriers, hence a plethora of Moto-garbage-rola and no Nokia's or other globally available phones HTC, Sony or Samsung their network.

I'm on the fence about the DInc 4G. I want to like it, I want to take a decent picture with it. I like the 4" form factor and the removable battery. I want to support OEM's to continue making phones like these, ut at the same time I'm like... meh.

I'm so conflicted.
Individual-Counseling.jpg

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I get that it should have the camera of the one series... or the higher resolution... But a lot of the complaints are based on the screen size as well. And thats the thing I dont get. Engadget really hit this hard with their opinion on this thing being too small. If that was the case, then apple has been doomed to failure...... but wait! They are not! HMMMMMM

There was actually a time when smaller was actually better! Remember those days? Its amazing how things change back and forth every 5 years or so!

06cbrf4i

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I get that it should have the camera of the one series... or the higher resolution... But a lot of the complaints are based on the screen size as well. And thats the thing I dont get. Engadget really hit this hard with their opinion on this thing being too small. If that was the case, then apple has been doomed to failure...... but wait! They are not! HMMMMMM

There was actually a time when smaller was actually better! Remember those days? Its amazing how things change back and forth every 5 years or so!

I think people are just starting to expect high end Android phones to have 4.3" or larger screens. I don't think this is a high end phone though, seems like a mid range and hopefully it's priced that way. Apple couple probably put a 3" screen on the next iphone and a lot of people would still go crazy over it.

Reactions: prissysox

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol