Am I the only one who cares about this thing coming out?

npco543

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm marginally interested. It's the closest thing on Verizon that I'd actually consider buying - decent specs with a "small" screen. The only issue I have is that it's not a huge advance from my Inc2. Yea, it's faster, and yea, it has a bit more memory, but there's nothing I do with my current phone that it doesn't handle perfectly well. NFC is cool, but how useful really is it?

If it had the ImageSense camera, I think that would clinch it, but for now, I'm going to wait to see if anything else comes out. Just won't want to get locked into another 2 years for an overall marginal upgrade.

NightxFall

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Well it looks like we're going to have to see what happens next week...

I'm just hoping for a new rumored release date by next week. I really hope this doesn't get pushed back til July, but I really think Verizon just likes pushing back their handsets for the hell of it. Maybe it'll come out around the time of the Galaxy s3 and I can decide in store which one I like best!

draco1986

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm just hoping for a new rumored release date by next week. I really hope this doesn't get pushed back til July, but I really think Verizon just likes pushing back their handsets for the hell of it. Maybe it'll come out around the time of the Galaxy s3 and I can decide in store which one I like best!

I haven't been overly impressed with the Galaxy line. I know the displays look great but I prefer the look of LCD/2 over SAMOLED, and all the shiny plastic doesn't do anything for me. All of that aside I haven't been too impressed with the look of the new TouchWiz, it looks like Gingerbread with some iPhone flare, and it feels like Sammy went more for the fun look rather than the professional look that HTC Sense has. I'm sure the GS3 will be a great device but it's HTC or Moto for me.

At this point I'm hoping for something with the S4 on VZW by the 19th so I can upgrade. I was and am still hoping that will be the Dinc 4g because I like the 4" display and the rumored price of $149.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed.

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Like many others it seems, if they don't announce anything soon I will likely end up waiting for my contract to end and switching carriers.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I had thought about switching but those I know on Sprint get dropped calls a lot and customer service isn't the best. I have awhile but might just decide to pay retail . I love my bolt and my service.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

I am on Sprint and afer being a Sprint customer fo rmany years I am ready to switch to VZW. I am even willing to pay my early termination fee to do so (I admit it is only $60 as of now). The only thing stopping me is the lack of a phone that comes close to the EVO LTE. As soon as there is something close I will be a VZW customer.

Hopefully tomorrow will be the day, there just isn't anything to get excited about on VZW, since they like to release phones on Thursdays. Everyone else already has their new HTC!

There are very few people with the EVO 4G LTE right now. Even when they do have them most will be stuck with the crappy Sprint 3G network. Trust me, it's crap.

Nephilim13

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have been semi considering this phone as my contract expired a month ago and haven't upgraded yet. Granted that the DInc was top of the line coming out, the 2 things it doesn't have that the 4g do are a front facing camera and 4g lte.
Aside from those factors I haven't considered upgrading until this trusty thing crumbles to dust.
I would like to get a 4g phone before VZW does that dang shared data switch. I'm on an individual plan with a single phone, what need to I have to share data?
Anyway lots of factors to toss around before waiting for this phone, getting a rez or jumping ship for a One X. Either way I'm HTC all the way!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums

dousenator

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I have been semi considering this phone as my contract expired a month ago and haven't upgraded yet. Granted that the DInc was top of the line coming out, the 2 things it doesn't have that the 4g do are a front facing camera and 4g lte.
Aside from those factors I haven't considered upgrading until this trusty thing crumbles to dust.
I would like to get a 4g phone before VZW does that dang shared data switch. I'm on an individual plan with a single phone, what need to I have to share data?
Anyway lots of factors to toss around before waiting for this phone, getting a rez or jumping ship for a One X. Either way I'm HTC all the way!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums

I completely agree. I have been eligible for upgrade as of a month ago and I've been waiting for VZW's lineup to come out of this current state of stagnation and I'm quite intrigued by this phone because I've read a lot of good things about the Incredible line and my D2 is showing it's age. However, as an individual customer with a single device I don't see how any type of data sharing could possibly be of any benefit to me. My problem is that the only two networks that work where I live are VZW and AT&T. I suppose that for now I will wait and see but between VZW's stagnant hardware lineup and their clear disregard for the customers' interests with their service options I'm, quite frankly, growing tired of the BS.

Sent from my DROID2 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:
Reactions: crmt

Trentoncc24

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
So since this phones camera doesn't have imagesense, does that mean that the 8mp camera is essentially the same one as the dinc2? No improvements?

mud314

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm. Just caught the specs on engadget regarding this phone...it had been a while since I'd visited that site...so the phone seriously only comes up w/a qHD? I like the screen size but qHD in mid 2012 is kinda 2010 imho. I like everything else about the phone the camera providing it can shoot a good pic I'm good but the screens today need to be 720p not qHD.

npco543

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm. Just caught the specs on engadget regarding this phone...it had been a while since I'd visited that site...so the phone seriously only comes up w/a qHD? I like the screen size but qHD in mid 2012 is kinda 2010 imho. I like everything else about the phone the camera providing it can shoot a good pic I'm good but the screens today need to be 720p not qHD.

This, I totally don't get. On my Inc2, with an even lower WVGA resolution screen for the same 4 inches, I have to have the phone, literally, 2 inches from my eyes to even start to see the actual pixels of the screen. At some point, there's increasingly diminishing returns for cranking up the resolution of a screen of a given size. QHD on a 4 inch screen is perfectly fine. Any more, and any benefit would come at the expense of the processor usage required to push around all those pixels, resulting in a net loss of overall quality/performance.

I'm sure they could put a 4 inch 720 pixel screen on it, but just because you can, doesn't mean you need or should.

06cbrf4i

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Im surprised Verizon hasn't said anything about the release of this phone. I wonder if it will be released either this Thursday, the 7th, or the following Thursday since Verizon is ending it's 4G double data deal this Tuesday.

NightxFall

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
This, I totally don't get. On my Inc2, with an even lower WVGA resolution screen for the same 4 inches, I have to have the phone, literally, 2 inches from my eyes to even start to see the actual pixels of the screen. At some point, there's increasingly diminishing returns for cranking up the resolution of a screen of a given size. QHD on a 4 inch screen is perfectly fine. Any more, and any benefit would come at the expense of the processor usage required to push around all those pixels, resulting in a net loss of overall quality/performance.

I'm sure they could put a 4 inch 720 pixel screen on it, but just because you can, doesn't mean you need or should.

I totally agree. I was disappointed when I first heard qHD, as I didn't know a whole lot about smartphones, and everyone was saying qHD was bad, but qHD is actually great for a 4 inch display. My friends Evo 4G that has a 4.3" screen with TFT LCD technology and qHD resolution looks very sharp and very nice. And that's a 242 ppi, and this phone has a 275 ppi with improved screen tech which should look even better. I'm glad they went with qHD instead of HD, because I honestly can barely tell the difference and it would only drain more battery life.

Sent from my Ally using Android Central Forums

NightxFall

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
No, it's a big improvement over the DInc2 camera. I'm pretty sure it's the same one that HTC used in the Rezound.

Should be even better than that with Sense 4 and the ImageSense software. I'm sure the actual camera has various improvements over the Rezounds as well.

npco543

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I was disappointed when I first heard qHD, as I didn't know a whole lot about smartphones, and everyone was saying qHD was bad, but qHD is actually great for a 4 inch display.

People have become totally, irrationally insane when it comes to this type of thing. This phone has a higher resolution than my living room TV, and it's approaching the resolution of my desktop monitor... In a 4 inch screen. And for some, that's something to be disappointed about! :confused:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Should be even better than that with Sense 4 and the ImageSense software. I'm sure the actual camera has various improvements over the Rezounds as well.

The DROID Incredible 4G LTE does not have ImageSense.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

NightxFall

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
The DROID Incredible 4G LTE does not have ImageSense.

Yes, it does. Just not the ImageChip. It has the ImageSense software that all Sense 4 phones have.

stainiu

May 25, 2012
Visit site
+ 1

Is this the first 4 inch screen lte phone? Or just the first one worth paying attention to?

Its the first one worth paying attention to IMO. Others include the Samsung Stratosphere (slide out qwerty) The LG Lucid, The Droid 4 (nice phone) and the Pantech breakout...

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it does. Just not the ImageChip. It has the ImageSense software that all Sense 4 phones have.

Got a link that confirms that the software for the camera on the DINC4GLTE will have the same exact features as the One series phones?

From what I'm reading, the ImageChip is required for those ImageSense features and the official specs so far seem to indicate that the hardware for the camera matches the hardware found on the Rezound - which doesn't have ImageSense.

draco1986

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Well with the Samsung GS3 pre-orders taking place on Wednesday, it looks like I'm going from the Samsung Fascinate GS to the Samsung GS3. Not a huge fan of Touchwiz, but I don't really care to play the waiting game on this phone either. Sounds like Sammy might be getting their phone out earlier than the Dinc or the new Moto. I still like this phone and think it will be very nice, my wife prefers the 4" or less devices so I may still get this for her once it comes out.