"in the coming weeks" came and went

Nephilim13

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Device announced May 7, 2012 as being availible "in the coming weeks." Well as of tomorrow weeks will have turned in to a month. So I decided to to VZW about it, as well as the fact that they are getting the GS3 like all other carrier, but did not with the One series.
Generic Customer Service response email posted below:

"Dear Mr. *******,

Good morning! I appreciate your excitement for the upcoming HTC Incredible 4G LTE. I have reviewed our sources and at this time we do not have a release date for this phone. I can tell you we will be getting it in the upcoming weeks. At this time we are doing testing with the HTC Incredible 4G LTE device to make sure that it will work properly on our network and we pro-actively try to prevent any issues before releasing the phone to our customers.

I understand our customers are wanting devices that are similar to devices that other carriers offer and we do take that in to consideration. We are aware of their devices and we do come out with devices that are similar or the same after heavily testing, demand and research in most cases. I have submitted your feedback in regards to the phones you mentioned in your email.

Mr. *******, I want to thank you for being a Verizon Wireless customer and allowing me this time to address your concerns. I hope you have a great day! "

No new information really, but I figured that I would post it.

NightxFall

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Device announced May 7, 2012 as being availible "in the coming weeks." Well as of tomorrow weeks will have turned in to a month. So I decided to to VZW about it, as well as the fact that they are getting the GS3 like all other carrier, but did not with the One series.
Generic Customer Service response email posted below:

"Dear Mr. *******,

Good morning! I appreciate your excitement for the upcoming HTC Incredible 4G LTE. I have reviewed our sources and at this time we do not have a release date for this phone. I can tell you we will be getting it in the upcoming weeks. At this time we are doing testing with the HTC Incredible 4G LTE device to make sure that it will work properly on our network and we pro-actively try to prevent any issues before releasing the phone to our customers.

I understand our customers are wanting devices that are similar to devices that other carriers offer and we do take that in to consideration. We are aware of their devices and we do come out with devices that are similar or the same after heavily testing, demand and research in most cases. I have submitted your feedback in regards to the phones you mentioned in your email.

Mr. *******, I want to thank you for being a Verizon Wireless customer and allowing me this time to address your concerns. I hope you have a great day! "

No new information really, but I figured that I would post it.

Still testing D:. Well hopefully all this "heavy testing" means it won't have any major bugs or issues when it releases.
I really just want at least a new time frame of when it'll come out

Sent from my Ally using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Just from comparing VZW GSIII vs. DINC4GLTE, it clear Samsung has more clout than HTC.

Still. Weeks could be 6. Or 8.

Lol.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

06cbrf4i

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I figured Verizon was waiting until their 4G double data deal ended. It ended yesterday, hopefully it will be released this Thursday or next. I'd like to get either this phone or the GS3.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
It's always the same with VZW... The Few weeks announcement then the long wait. I'm just afraid it's going to get buried like the DInc2 did at this point.

Schwermzilla

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
The dinc4g will be out by the end of june it seems (23rdish)

I don't think that it will be as buried as the Dinc 2 was, the dinc2 was a 3G single core phone that came out when 4G was beginning to become a big deal and while motorola had a 3g dual core phone. It seems that the Dinc4G will be a much more parallel to the original. the dinc was basically the power of the Droid X in a smaller htc form factor, the dinc4g will be basically the power of the razr in a smaller htc form factor.

I think it will do fine, it won't have the spotlight of the first incredible especially when you think that the SIII will be out in July, and the rezound is a technically more powerful device. but there are plenty of people that don't want a giant behemoth phone. and i think myself to be one of them :)

NightxFall

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
The dinc4g will be out by the end of june it seems (23rdish)

I don't think that it will be as buried as the Dinc 2 was, the dinc2 was a 3G single core phone that came out when 4G was beginning to become a big deal and while motorola had a 3g dual core phone. It seems that the Dinc4G will be a much more parallel to the original. the dinc was basically the power of the Droid X in a smaller htc form factor, the dinc4g will be basically the power of the razr in a smaller htc form factor.

I think it will do fine, it won't have the spotlight of the first incredible especially when you think that the SIII will be out in July, and the rezound is a technically more powerful device. but there are plenty of people that don't want a giant behemoth phone. and i think myself to be one of them :)

This phone blows the Rezound away in term of power, what are you talking about? It has the S4 processor vs the S3 in the Rezound. This phone is also more powerful than the Razr as well.

Reactions: Ry

eternalmatt

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I don't see how they could possibly sell it for the speculated price of $200 at this point. Maybe if they got it right out of the door as soon as it was announced, that price would have gotten by, but now the One series is established, people are aware of the Galaxy S III, and no one's been talking about this phone for a while.

No talk from Verizon makes me feel like they believe it's a low-mid phone so I'm just hoping the price is lower because of that.

NightxFall

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I don't see how they could possibly sell it for the speculated price of $200 at this point. Maybe if they got it right out of the door as soon as it was announced, that price would have gotten by, but now the One series is established, people are aware of the Galaxy S III, and no one's been talking about this phone for a while.

No talk from Verizon makes me feel like they believe it's a low-mid phone so I'm just hoping the price is lower because of that.
I would consider it a high midrange phone. Also the speculated price is 149$, which is nearly certain based on a leaked Verizon MAP. The speculated release date is also June 21st. I'll probably see if any stores have the S3 that day too and check out how it feels in the hand.

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
It's always the same with VZW... The Few weeks announcement then the long wait. I'm just afraid it's going to get buried like the DInc2 did at this point.

I agree. That's why after a long internal thought process, I pre-ordered the Galaxy S III. I couldn't wait anymore for all the postering and the burying of info on a great phone. By the time Verizon announced the official price and release date, I would have probably lost my grandfathered unlimited data, although it wasn't the main reason for getting the phone. Everything I read up on and researched points to this phone being a beast. And I need a bigger screen for my big hands. I talked to a nice rep named David and he helped me out and told me that my unlimited data is still grandfathered in, since, clinically, Big Red hasn't announced it's tiered shared data plans yet.

If Verizon gave enough of a darn about this phone, it's availability would have been announced WEEKS ago. The GS3 was just announced a couple of weeks ago and we know about a release date, price point,2 SKUs (16GB and 32GB internal storage and 2 colors) and everything is definte. That is what made my decision. Trust me, I would have stayed with HTC, but Verizon is dragging their feet with this and a lot of people are going to do what I did, unfortunately.

Last edited:

NightxFall

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Looks like they just announced the shared data plans... June 28. .-. I really hope that marketing posters is anything to go by and it means it'll release by the 21st.

Reactions: Ry

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I'll have to play with the SIII and the DInc 4G when they are in the stores. I'm leery of Sammy's radios historically not being very strong. I live/work in an area with enough dead/fringe zones that I don't need a weak radio adding insult to injury.

Dr. Droidberg

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I am hoping VZW has a preorder for the DInc 4G LTE before the Share Everything plans go into effect on the 28th so I can upgrade @ the subsidized price & still keep my unlimited data plan like the SGS III people are supposed to be getting.

I don't want to settle on a larger phone that I don't really want to keep unlimited, but I don't know.

It wouldn't bother me so much if I was being tiered for the same price or less, but they are wanting me to pay MORE to have to change my usage habits.

06cbrf4i

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I am hoping VZW has a preorder for the DInc 4G LTE before the Share Everything plans go into effect on the 28th so I can upgrade @ the subsidized price & still keep my unlimited data plan like the SGS III people are supposed to be getting.

I don't want to settle on a larger phone that I don't really want to keep unlimited, but I don't know.

It wouldn't bother me so much if I was being tiered for the same price or less, but they are wanting me to pay MORE to have to change my usage habits.

I gave up and ordered the GS3. If the Incredible 4G isn't released next Thursday than I would guess they are holding it until the shared data stuff takes affect.

gonzo2186

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
You know that's their plan. Hold out on releasing any new phones until the new plans take affect, that way they can switch as many people as possible over to their tiered data. From a business stand point, it just makes sense (no pun intended), because they stand to gain the largest profit this way.

I am still on the OG Dinc, which I love, but am reaching its limits hardware wise and wishing more from it software wise. My upgrade is on the 30th so I am stuck waiting regardless. Luckily, I receive a nice discount which should offset the new pricing.

speedtrap63

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I decided a while ago, that if I really want this phone, I'll pay full price. My upgrade isn't until Jan 2013 and by paying full price I'll keep my unlimited data. Although, I really don't use that much data with my OG Dinc, but maybe if I had a 4G device as my daily driver, I would use more.

Would be nice if Verizon kept some of its current plans for single lines. Their new plans are an incredibly, no pun intended, bad deal for someone like me with a single line and one device, even the lowest data limit will cost me more than I pay now. So even though I don't use a lot of data, I'd like to keep my current plan because its cheaper!

Nephilim13

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So....will tomorrow be the day we've been waiting for? Or will it be a bigger let down then "The Watchmen" film?

I would like to remain hopeful, because my OG DInc is starting to suffer cell phone dementia and forgetting how to work properly :(

When I do upgrade, I'm either going to keep the DInc as a multimedia device, or give it a Viking funeral.

npco543

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
So....will tomorrow be the day we've been waiting for?

The only day I'm waiting for is the completion of my contract. Had Verizon released this phone before announcing their new plans, I would have upgraded and been with them for another 2 years. Now, I plan to leave Verizon. Too bad, because this was looking like a nice phone.

hachiroku13954

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I wanted this phone when it was first announced and pictures surfacing like pictures of loch Ness monster and Bigfoot. But since there is still no official word on this phone, I preordered the GS3.