Tiny Little Phone

lherch

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
So I went today to look at the new 4G Incredible, that poor little thing is so tiny! I was expecting it to at least be the same size as the Incredible 2 but its not. The screen looked great and the system was fast, but it's almost the same size as the original. I'm so sad. No new phone for now...:'(

Hope this helps someone else.

sboeckman

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
So I went today to look at the new 4G Incredible, that poor little thing is so tiny! I was expecting it to at least be the same size as the Incredible 2 but its not. The screen looked great and the system was fast, but it's almost the same size as the original. I'm so sad. No new phone for now...:'(

Hope this helps someone else.

There are a million huge phones out right now for you to choose from. HTC Incredible is the only one competing with apple iphone and putting out a powerful phone in a pocket size package.

Reactions: dezignstuff and Ry

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
There are a million huge phones out right now for you to choose from. HTC Incredible is the only one competing with apple iphone and putting out a powerful phone in a pocket size package.

Aside from things like the dell streak or galaxy note, what doesn't fit in the pocket?

I remember when the evo came out people kept saying "it doesn't fit in the pocket" but I always carried mine in my pocket with a case on it. Only time I ever had a problem was when I had my lc9 in my pocket with it.

A guy on youtube even made a video putting it in his pocket lol.

Unless you wear skinny jeans, or have some very tiny pockets these phones fit In the pocket

*swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
The DINC 4G LTE is for those people who absolutely insist on nothing larger than a 4" screen phone. And compared to VZW's other 4" offerings it is "incredible". I have to admit the screen was a lot nicer than I expected just reading the specs. Still, it just doesn't seem right that this is called an Incredible series device.It's like how Sprint watered down the EVO line.

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The DINC 4G LTE is for those people who absolutely insist on nothing larger than a 4" screen phone. And compared to VZW's other 4" offerings it is "incredible". I have to admit the screen was a lot nicer than I expected just reading the specs. Still, it just doesn't seem right that this is called an Incredible series device.It's like how Sprint watered down the EVO line.

Any larger and it would have just been a Rezound.

maqsur1

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I stacked up my dinc2 on top of the dinc4g and they were the exact same width/height.

I love the screen on this dinc4g, it's clear, sharp, and NOT scaled like the rezound, which makes for a great viewing experience. Also, the screen is brighter.

The Rez screen is definitely great also, but just too big for my taste, and I didn't like how the DPI was scaled to 320.

Reactions: Ry

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I went to the Verizon store and played with the thing today and what I noticed was every time I exited an app Sense had to keep reloading. Have you guys had the same issues with yours?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I went to the Verizon store and played with the thing today and what I noticed was every time I exited an app Sense had to keep reloading. Have you guys had the same issues with yours?

It's a sense 4.0 issue, the One X and EVO LTE are having the same issues.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I personally like the size of the Droid Inc. having a big screen is great for some things but not so great for others. I don't concentrate so much on screen size anymore. I am more concerned about the power of the phone. Now that I have an iPad I don't need an oversized phone. This phone looks great and should be of high quality. I used to own a Rezound and that phone was awesome. This looks to be even better.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site

Yep Sense kept reloading on me a bunch of times on my first device but I have yet to see a reload on my replacent one, going on 5 days. Weird. I'm sure it will start acting up at some point.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It should have been, the Rezound is better than the Inc and older to boot. Swing and a miss on this one

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Of course Rezound fanboys are going to say that. For those looking for a good 4 inch or smaller screen, the DINC4GLTE is a homerun.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Of course Rezound fanboys are going to say that. For those looking for a good 4 inch or smaller screen, the DINC4GLTE is a homerun.

Don't go all 'apple attitude' on me. If this would have been released within 2 months of the Rezound, I would agree, 6 month later it is old news.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Don't go all 'apple attitude' on me. If this would have been released within 2 months of the Rezound, I would agree, 6 month later it is old news.

lol "Apple attitude".

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Again, it it would have been released with the Rezound last November or whatever it would have been on par with all the other phones released around that time. Compare the phones released in the same time frame now, and the specs on the Inc are a bit, dated shall we say. Great November 2011 phone, middle of the road June 2012 phone. It certainly doesn't live up to its predecessor

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Rezound price update, 79.99 2-year pricing. FWIW

That's a tough call for some people looking for a new HTC Android device on Vzw, for others a no brainer.

dezignstuff

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I've still got my Rezound, but I prefer the Dinc4g. The battery life is a huge relief. With the Rezound if I used it at all it would chew 25% of the battery almost instantly. I never worry about keeping the Dinc charged. The only thing better on the Rezound was the screen.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae