No Exchange Hyperlinks - Any One Else?

Ted1Jones

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
When using the stock HTC email client with an Exchange account on my Incredible 4G, hyperlinks are displayed as, and act like, plain text in email messages. In other words, hyperlinks do not work. Hyperlinks work correctly in other email clients (Gmail, Touchdown, ExMail) and all other apps.

According to forums about other devices, this may be caused by Exchange using self-signed certificates or the need to manually "install an encrypted certificate from storage."

Has any one else had this issue? Any other suggestions?

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
No hyperlinks when using sense e-mail app for me either. I am using it to pull pop3 though. G-mail works fine otherwise. I thought it was maybe some kind of setting, but it seems that it is the sense software?!

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't know. Maybe it is because when I googled the original posters problem, I got thousands of 'Apple sues HTC over patent infringements'. I remember reading an article that due to the infringement, HTC was going to remove the feature on all future phones until a work around was found.
If HTC has resolved this, great but I wouldn't know because I don't have a new HTC phone yet.
If I am still wrong then I apologize for making this thread useless.

Besides I have the Constitutional right to express my opinion on anything I desire...namely......Crapple.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't know. Maybe it is because when I googled the original posters problem, I got thousands of 'Apple sues HTC over patent infringements'. I remember reading an article that due to the infringement, HTC was going to remove the feature on all future phones until a work around was found.
If HTC has resolved this, great but I wouldn't know because I don't have a new HTC phone yet.
If I am still wrong then I apologize for making this thread useless.

Besides I have the Constitutional right to express my opinion on anything I desire...namely......Crapple.

The lawsuit in question didn't involve actually removing the feature, it involved modifying how it functioned. Its still there, but it takes you directly to an app instead of asking which one you'd like to open it in.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: elvee68