Email Frustrations...Any Advice?

BeverlyF

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I prefer to have the phone check for new email periodically in one of my accounts and the others I like to check manually (on demand). The stock email app doesn't allow you to do this, there is only a global setting for checking emails. So I switched to the Enhanced Email app that I picked up when it was free on Amazon a while back. It is based on the stock Android email and then adds some extras. This email app does allow separate settings for checking new emails in each account. That's the good news.

Now I cannot click through my emails to get to a web address, which is incredibly frustrating. Does anyone know what settings I should have so that I can click through a link in an email to open up a web page? (This should be the same for the stock email app as well as the Enhanced Email app that I am using.)

Another frustration that I have is that one of the emails that I use is Juno and it refuses to sync messages. So messages that I have read on my laptop show up as unread on my phone and vice and versa and deleted messages aren't really deleted. I have both settings checked for "synchronize deletes from server" and "synchronize marking messages read with server". I think this is a problem unique to Juno email because I do have synchronization with my other email accounts.

Does anyone have a solution for allowing me to click through emails to get to web pages? Is there anyone else using Juno and able to sync messages?

BeverlyF

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I just did now, thank you! I didn't want to try it because it says it doesn't work with free hotmail accounts. However, it does seem to be working for my hotmail.

K-9 solved my click through to websites problem so I guess that was caused by the Enhanced Email app.
I really like how much control k-9 gives me over all the settings!

It doesn't help with syncing Juno email, but I'm pretty sure that is something specific to Juno and I'm not sure there is a solution to syncing Juno.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital