Inc.4GLTE - Bizarre Browser Bug?

mverta

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Despite clearing cache/data, history, and confirming there is no virus, etc., if my phone sits unused for a minute or longer, activating the browser points it to "goolge.com," which obviously isn't a real site. I've set and reset the homepage a dozen times, I've even done the long-press-a-bookmark-and-set-as-homepage, but still it goes to this address. I think, once, I accidentally typed that instead of google.com, but I cannot make my phone "forget" this address. Again, this only happens if I put the phone down for a minute or so. If there are just a few seconds between browsing sessions, it remembers wherever I was last.

I would love to know not only how this happened, but how to correct it! Anyone have an idea?

Thanks so much,

_Mike

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried clearing the browser cache? Go to Settings/Apps/All, find Browser (or Internet, or whatever the stock browser is called), then tap Clear Cache.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Whoops! Sorry, missed that on first readthrough.

That's a weird bug all right. When you select the Browser option to set the homepage, what options do you get? On my Razr Maxx's stock Browser, I get Current Page, Blank Page, Default Page, Most Visited Sites, and Other. If you have these choices, what happens if you pick Blank Page? Does it still revert to goolge?

It doesn't seem like it would be malware, because then I'd expect goolge.com to be some kind of shady site. But it redirects to Google on my desktop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34