Internal storage low

jinxxycat

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I have been battling this for a while now and don't know what to do about it. I get the notification, run through the entire prompted drill, clear cache from all apps, move apps (nothing to move) uninstall apps (nothing to remove), change mail settings (set for 7 days). All my pics etc are on phone storage. Under downloaded apps I have 33MB free, on phone storage I have only 4 apps and 3.0GB free. None of the apps will update bc storage is low. Is there any way to free up storage?

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. If you go to manage applications, then select menu->sort by size, see what apps are using up your space. Chances are you're going to see a large one, and then we can deal with it from there.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Did you swipe over to "all apps" or are you only looking at Downloaded ones? Those aren't very big, and your phone should have 8GB of storage.

Kbike

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi, had a similar issue with mine. Looking for the best way to root my HTC phone, which will allow unused factory apps removal to free up space. Put a post on this site a month ago, which has had almost 5000 views. I would have thought someone on this site would reply, but sadly, no one has. I just did a factory wipe and reinstalled my apps and settings. I turned off auto updating when the apps were reinstalled, which should keep them from slowly eating up space. This isn't much of a solution, but at least you got a reply. :)
Back up everything before you wipe the phone, and record settings for email, etc. I still think the Incredible 4G LTE is a great phone. Mine has been though a lot and keeps going. I also don't care for the new larger phones, so I'll stay with this one for a while. Good Luck!
kbike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781