Commercials

soco352

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I know the phone has been hyped up all over the internet, but I wonder why we haven't seen any verizon commercials for this phone yet. Not that I need it, ( pre-ordered already), but just a thought...

John-Paul

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I have been seeing a lot of DROID commercial from VZW lately. Probably just trying to sell one or two more Droids, but it is also advertising the "brand" to get people in the doors.

Aatrek is right though, I bet they will specifically start touting the benefits of the Incredible release day.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps they assume that once people know about the Incredible, they may not want to purchase the Droid. Perhaps they have quite a few Droids to get rid of.

quetzalcoatl

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
And even if the commercial shows the droid and someone comes into the store and asks for a droid. Once this phone hit do you not think they will show them every phone that has the name droid in it?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
And even if the commercial shows the droid and someone comes into the store and asks for a droid. Once this phone hit do you not think they will show them every phone that has the name droid in it?

exactly, verizon is more interested in making the brand more popular rather than making a specific phone popular.

if the droid branding can become as marketable to the general public as the iphone brand (which it is well on it's way of doing, if you say you have a droid phone, many more people will have some idea of what you're talking about compared to when the G1, mt3g, and hero were the flagship devices for the android platform) then verizon has a long term method of creating new customers and upgrading their current customers to a smartphone.

i am guessing however, that once the device is in stores, they will probably have similar commericals but with the incredible being the demoed device instead of the droid. either that or at the end of the current commercials they will throw in a bit about the HTC Incredible being available.

John-Paul

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone notice an increase in the number of HTC HD2 commercials on T-Mobiles network lately? I can't decide if it is to take advantage of VZWs lack of Incredible ads to date, or to try and steal Sprint's EVO sales.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Anyone notice an increase in the number of HTC HD2 commercials on T-Mobiles network lately? I can't decide if it is to take advantage of VZWs lack of Incredible ads to date, or to try and steal Sprint's EVO sales.

Yeah. I've noticed that. Interesting.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i think it has more to do with tmobile having no other desirable phone (that is sold through them, so the n1 doesn't count)

i mean really, besides the HD2 and n1, what do they have besides a cheap plan?

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site

Yeah. I've noticed that. Interesting.

I've actually been seeing HTC commercials as well for the HD2. Not just T-mobile. Usually on TNT when watching the playoffs, all they talk about it T-mobile.

itch808

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm surprised there aren't any Incredible commercials, any non-phone gadget person I know has no clue about the Incredible

madkayaker

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm surprised there aren't any Incredible commercials, any non-phone gadget person I know has no clue about the Incredible

As a user in another forum suggested, they probably don't want people deciding to get the phone, going into their local VZW store, and finding out they can't buy it yet.

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I think VZW will continue to sell and advertise "Droid". However, if you notice that there are 3 "droids" on VZW; Droid Eris, Droid and Droid Incredible. So when someone walks into the store they will want a droid, and the sales person can show all 3 and then explain what each brings to the table.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
I think VZW will continue to sell and advertise "Droid". However, if you notice that there are 3 "droids" on VZW; Droid Eris, Droid and Droid Incredible. So when someone walks into the store they will want a droid, and the sales person can show all 3 and then explain what each brings to the table.

exactly, it's a pretty basic marketing strategy.

they are creating a brand similar to the blackberry brand, when you go to verizon to get a blackberry, unless you have a specific model in mind, you can say you want a blackberry, and the sales rep can then show you the models and help find the one that works best for you.

by advertising the droid brand, someone can go do the same thing, and if they are someone who wants for example, a physical keyboard, they can be shown the droid, instead of them only seeing a hard push for the incredible, and via the commercial them seeing that the specific model doesn't meet their needs, so they don't go to the store to look.

John-Paul

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site

Exactly. Right now, someone comes into the store looking for a "Droid", VZW can try to sell them a DROID, with a higher price point for them, an "entry" level Eris, and if they start to walk out the door "...we do have a more powerful option I can sign you up for..."

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
^^^ yup, im in agreement with these posts as well. verizon is pretty smart when it comes to advertising. it seems to me like more and more droid commercials from verizon are popping up probably to continue to pump up the brand and then once the incredible is in store, i can only assume the marketing will really pump up as the introduce a new droid phone exclusive to verizon.

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
^^^ yup, im in agreement with these posts as well. verizon is pretty smart when it comes to advertising. it seems to me like more and more droid commercials from verizon are popping up probably to continue to pump up the brand and then once the incredible is in store, i can only assume the marketing will really pump up as the introduce a new droid phone exclusive to verizon.

I wouldn't say VZW is particularly smart with advertising, but they certainly understood what to do with the moto Droid and have done a good job branching off from there with a "Droid" trade name.

Look at how VZW marketed the Pre Plus, they are clearly not marketing wizards lol.

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
eris is dead though pretty soon so they will be down to 2 droid phones very quickly. The droid commercials are unique and cool so i would like to see how they market the DI

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't say VZW is particularly smart with advertising, but they certainly understood what to do with the moto Droid and have done a good job branching off from there with a "Droid" trade name.

Look at how VZW marketed the Pre Plus, they are clearly not marketing wizards lol.

even palm failed at properly marketing the Pre. personally, i think verizon did a better job at it than they did. but i can understand them not putting a whole lot of effort into marketing a dying brand.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173