verizon.email

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have searched Android Central but cannot seem to find a definitive answer to the question of receiving email to my verizon.net address. Will it push to an Incredible and how do I accomplish it if it will. I know I can probably forward it to a gmail account from Outlook on my PC but that doesn't seem very efficient and the time lag could be brutal.

I know this question has been asked before in regards to the Droids but somehow I thought I had heard that HTC has bypassed Google's gmail requirement.

While I have had no problems with my Storm 1 since 4.8 and 5.0 I can't deal with the slowness of the RIM browser. I am due an upgrade and think maybe now is the time to do something a little more creative then RIM's ancient OS if i can resolve the all important push email issue.

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
No. A regular xxxx@verizon.net account that comes with FIOS or any Verizon DSL internet service.

Hey, Howarmat I've been reading your stuff on CB for years and you have always been helpful. I guess a bunch of us Storm diehards may be headed this way.

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
No. A regular xxxx@verizon.net account that comes with FIOS or any Verizon DSL internet service.

Hey, Howarmat I've been reading your stuff on CB for years and you have always been helpful. I guess a bunch of us Storm diehards may be headed this way.
lol yes it does seem many people are jumping over here.

as for the account it will carry over like any other mail (yahoo, hotmail and such). i highly doubt it will be push though without some 3rd party solution.

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Now I am bummed. I spent about half an hour with VZW Customer Support and they actually conferenced us with Tech Support. Since Verizon.net email is pop/smtp it will not push to any Android phone unless it is coming through MS Exchange. The tech said you have to actually sign in to your account everytime you want to check your email. It has nothing to do with Outlook, HTC or MOTO or any other email client, it is a Google thing to obviously promote gMail. He did say he heard rumors there may be an App that is a work around or one on the way.

The device better really be Incredible because it looks like I will have to forward my verizon.net address to gMail which is okay except any thing I reply to is going to have to be from Forward mode and I will have to add addresses instead of just hitting Reply.

Kind of strange that Verizon is making such a major push on an OS and group of phones that doesn't support their own email system. Goggle might be the only company in the wireless world strong enough to hold that line.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
As far as I can tell, verizon.net does support IMAP. You should be able to install the application K9 from the market, which supports IMAP PUSH, using IMAP rather than POP.

Kind of strange that Verizon is making such a major push on an OS and group of phones that doesn't support their own email system. Goggle might be the only company in the wireless world strong enough to hold that line.

Just for clarification, it should be noted that Verizon and Verizon Wireless are two different companies. Verizon Wireless is a subsidiary owned 51% by Verizon and 49% by Vodafone, but is not run by Verizon - it has a different management team, different headquarters, etc. Or, to say this another way, Verizon Wireless has nothing to do with Verizon's DSL and FIOS business; they do not run that email system. It's definitely true that they named the company to take advantage of Verizon's brand equity, but the fact that the names are so similar is a bit of a confusion.

FRENCHBULLDOG

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
the VERZION web portal you use MATTERS

Use netmail.verizon.com and all your scrolling issues will go away. I am using it perfectly with the Skyfire browser. I had scrolling issues on all other Verizon email sites. They have so many different ones where you can sign on to view your mail. this one works great with Android. I think is is a site issue and not some Google conspiracy to make you use GMail.