04-28-2010 06:58 AM
1,882 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    I currently have the BB Storm 1. And like everyone else, it is pretty much self explanatory.

As a refresher:
    1. I could run a mile faster than it takes to load a webpage with its browser
    2. Its spell-check will correct words to wronger words ei: "altough" to "altouggh"
    3. It's the reason I need to wear a belt on my pants.
    4. It's amazing there is even enough app-memory to load the operating system.
    5. I can also run another mile before its camera takes a photo.
    6. It will refuse to play back its own video it recorded...
    7. There might as well not be a battery cover, because I am always removing it to pull the battery.
    8. It will sometimes decide to play its own ringtone, just depending on its mood.
    9. I could run 10 miles before this thing boots up.
    10. It's a BB. No fun. No play. No excitement. No visual thrills. Might as well be in black and white.

I feel anyone with this phone deserves a Droid Incredible. We have been through enough.

Make my phone smart again, bring on the Droid Incredible.
    04-26-2010 10:12 AM
    I have no phone to speak of. 2 Blackberry's in 2 months have decided to go out on me and to make things even worse I have been traveling non-stop for the past 3 months. No time to get a new phone. This would be the ultimate phone for me, but to be honest 2 months without a phone and I would settle for anything!
    04-26-2010 10:12 AM
    My Samsung Sway is apparently a "smart" phone. It has such a stupid unlock feature (hit the raised OK button twice) that, while in my pocket, it can decide to reply to text messages all on its own. It also developed the ability to download from verizon ringtone apps. like the same one 8 times in 10 minutes. awesome.
    04-26-2010 10:13 AM
    Right now I am using a crappy old Blackberry Curve 8330. This thing crashes several times a day, and has about a 20 minute battery life. The trackball doesn't track up half of the time. What's worse is that this is my business phone. Its very professional to say "wait, I'll call you back, my phone is going dead," 5 times a day to potential customers. Needless to say I need an upgrade bad!
    I currently use a Motorola phone, but nothing as fancy as a Droid or Blur or anything like that; it's a v551 - like 6 years old. To make it even worse, I'm on AT&T.
    I've been waiting patiently for an N1 on Verizon, but I've given up that dream and look forward to an Incredible.
    My Droid Eris is not all I dreamed it could be. Help!
    Ok, so I bought the CrapBerry Storm1 on launch day. I've probably done 9000 battery pulls (not exagerating at all!), and I probably need to have some experimental Carpal Tunnel Syndrome surgery done to my thumbs. SO...please pick me to win the Incredible!
    04-26-2010 10:14 AM
    I've got a crappy Verizon Escapade. A flip-phone for crying out loud! I've been oggling the glorious touchscreens in the Verizon store for ages now, but I just can't afford it. Would someone like to make my day?
    I'm still rocking a Sony w810i that's held together with pocketlint and palm sweat. It drowned in a monsoon a few months ago and has never been the same. Most days I have to jiggle the proverbial handle by resetting the sd card. On the upside, people think it's retro chic, so there's that.
    My wife currently has a beat down G1 and it breaking down on her. It would be great if I would win a Droid Incredible for her.
    04-26-2010 10:15 AM
    I need the Incredible to put the touches on two simple apps...one to eradicate world hunger and the second to wage world peace...I'm serious!!!!:
    04-26-2010 10:15 AM
    I have been lucky enough to have a Motorola Droid but my wife needs an upgrade that is not in the budget. She has the LG Envy3 and would love a newer phone with a touchscreen to surf and play games. She uses mine all the time for this.
    04-26-2010 10:16 AM
    Currently sporting the LG env2.... If I win, it would be an "incredible" upgrade!
    Currently using a Blackberry Tour. Came out of the box with trackball problems and a loose battery cover. I've finally been able to master the exact feathering technique in order to get it to work, but I still can't play Brickbreaker. And really, if you can't play Brickbreaker, what's the use of having a Blackberry?
    The sorry phone I am currently using is a Verizon XV6800. It is pretty good for making phone calls, but I only have about 12mb of memory to run programs, so if I want to do anything else, like tweet or read e-mail or take a picture or surf the web or read an excel file or use the calculator... I have to reboot it. I reboot mine about 3-5 times a day. Since I have 5 months left on my contract that would mean I'm stuck with it for a while longer; it also means I have rebooted it about 2156 times since I got it. Also, every time I send a text, it jumps back to the today screen so I have to attempt all text messages twice, (unless I'm responding to a text and then it works... except...)
    The keyboard only works most of the time, and to use the "Ok" button I have to push it at least 3 times (and about half-way through the device) to get it to work. And at random when I type a period it either gives me one period, two periods, three periods, or no periods.
    And the front panel is falling off.
    And the slide out keyboard sort of slides sideways.
    I am so looking forward to a new Incredible!
    This would be for the person who has my second line.. Which they have a Samsung Sch-u740.. which later Verizon wanted to make cool and call the Alias.. 3 year old phone... cant even buy a charger from a store anymore for it.. lol.. and every once and a while, it just decides to type any letters it feels like, doesnt care which ones you hit lol..
    04-26-2010 10:17 AM
    Im using a dreaded BB tour...(sound familiar)....but its all I've known since birth. However, when I was a child I communicated as a child, but now as an adult, I Need an Incredible...yeah....I'm serious...
    I've got the OG Blackberry Storm. Aside from the fact the RIM released a Storm2 pretty quickly after the Storm1 because of the many short-comings, I've got do a battery pull at least once a week to get it to function at a normal speed. They aren't even releasing any OS upgrades for the Storm1.

Save me Droid Incredible!!!
    i have officially killed my third BB pearl and have buried it deep deep in the place it belongs THE TRASH!!!!!!
    04-26-2010 10:18 AM
    I am using a terrible samsung flip phone.... about 4 years old..... and upgrade is needed bad.....
    I currently have a Moto Droid and love it, but this post is for my co-worker's sorry old phone. She's on her 4th Blackberry Storm (first gen) and has the worst luck I've seen anyone have with a phone. The battery is always dieing, her phone always freezes, and all they (Customer Service) do is give her another BB Storm that does the exact same thing. She keeps it stock and has maybe a few apps installed- BB Storms are terrible phones, but she has had exceptionally bad luck. I've let her mess with my Moto Droid and she would love to get an Android phone, but she's stuck in a contract for a while, please help!

To make matters worse, she called customer support when her phone kept freezing and switching between 1x and EV, and the rep "accidentally" deleted her email addresses on her account, which then removed them from her phone, and deleted the app icon on her home screen- great timing too, since this all took place in the middle of her work day.
    Currently have a Curve 8530, but would love to go Android.
    i have a blackberry curve 8330 right now. if it's in my pocket and i sweat too much, the moisture sensor goes off and i have to wait a day or two before i can turn my phone back on.

sadface sweatpants
    I need to get my wife off of her BB Tour. She has been resisting coming out of the dark side but I think the Droid Incredible is the one for her.
    04-26-2010 10:19 AM
    Tired of sporting a dual mode iden blackberry (8350) that still does data on the iden network at 19.2K! Yeah, they 'compress' data - sure...
    04-26-2010 10:19 AM
1,882 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD