04-28-2010 06:58 AM
1,882 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    No android phone is considered a "Sorry old phone" Im saying that cause I have a DROID, but my wife has a Blackberry tour...the tracking ball is horrible, 2nd one I had to swap at the store for the same issue, and the most important flaw, BLACKBERRY doesnt evolve as Android does...So If I win this contest I would be giving my droid to my wife and I would be adopting my new INCREDIBLE as my new child, which by the way I wont have to root it and overclock it like I do with my Droid cause the INCREDIBLE already has a badass 1 GHz Processor that will definitely change my life
    04-26-2010 10:47 AM
    My phone now is a Samsung Glyde, you know the one with the "heat sensitive" touch screen. And I've been two lazy to get the firmware upgrade. So I have to wait till the screen shuts off everytime before I put it in my pocket or I'll have pocket dial mayhem. I have to use it in the shade or the touchscreen will go crazy, but even in the shade it still goes crazy, so thats why I stick it in the freezer. The only good thing about the phone is that it has a slide out qwerty keyboard. Without that the phone would have been unusable for the last 2 years.
    04-26-2010 10:48 AM
    I am stuck with a Cliq which stands for Completely Lacking In Quality. I had a G1 since it came out and I loved that thing but alas it broke and they offered me a Cliq. I made the worst mistake of my life (besides getting married) and now I'm stuck with a first gen p.o.s that makes me regret ever adopting T-mobile every time I look at it.
    I have a Blackberry Curve and I am tired of pushing those small buttons. Its really time to go Droid!
    Blackberry Pearl 8130.

apps what are those? Only GPS this POS has is at the mall, You are here arrow. Touch Screen, yeah right. Track Pad, nope rocking the roller ball that works left and right but up and down is about 50%. Camera? Yeah my photographic memory.

The 8130 is the POS of smartphones.
    lg chocolate
    I'm using the LG-8350 and my screen is getting glitchy. Would love it if I could win this!
    04-26-2010 10:49 AM
    I'm so ready to junk my crackberry, the U and End button stopped working about 2 months ago and i've been holding out for the HTC, can't wait to be able to type again and look forward to browsing on a screen bigger than a matchbox.
    04-26-2010 10:50 AM
    I have a Blackjack II. It was cool when I first got it 2 years ago, but for probably the past year I havent been able to stand it. It has 3G, can surf the web, use Google Maps, GPS etc. but the catch is that its all so painful to use I just dont even bother anymore. It also randomly shuts itself completely off, or will just turn the wireless signal off by itself. Ugh. Bring on the Incredible!
    I had a Moto Droid for a few month (since January of 2010), and it was stolen from me and i have to revert back to my 4 years old phone - the samsung SCH a950 with a busted screen (i have to carry a paper phone book again because i can't read my contacts on the phone), no wifi, busted blue-tooth. my contract is for 2 years (January of 2012 - light years away in the technology world.) I would love to have an android phone again.
    iPhone 3G... Apple + AT&T. Need I say more?
    I was using a Blackberry Storm. What a POS! My 4 yr old could have made a better attempt at a touch screen phone...but then again we ARE talking about Blackberry here...the only manufacturer who thinks having an operating system from 1990 is cool...

I then converted to a Blackberry Tour...another POS! I've swapped out 5 of them in less than a year. Sounds like quality to me....(sarcasm there).
    2 weeks ago I bought an Eris and was transformed to the wonderful exciting world of Android! Oh my God, it is amazing! Of course I had to return the Eris in order to be eligible for the Incredible this week.

After returning the Eris, my Tour took another dump (go figure) and I had to swap it out for another Tour (this is my 6th Tour), which of course they had none in stock to give me so now I'm using an old Razr. And the sad thing is, the Razr is a nicer phone than the Tour!

Please have sympathy on me for my long painful journey with Blackberry and their smartphone crap. Please pick me for a new Incredible!
    My sorry old phone is a Motorola droid. My wife, however, still uses the first Razr that Verizon sold. The outside display doesn't work, and the inside display, works when it feels like it. It still has good reception and sounds crystal clear on calls. She has to remember phone numbers (who does that?!).

She yells at me daily, cuz I spend SO much time on my Moto droid (she's jealous).

PLEASE help me out! I am starting to get scared.
    04-26-2010 10:51 AM
    I've got the original BlackBerry Storm 9530. The Incredible would be a very nice upgrade indeed.
    I'm using a Sprint HTC Hero...need I say more?
    I have the Moto Droid, but I don't need the keyboard, and for a faster processor, I'm down.
    I'm one of the poor fools who bought a Samsung Omnia. I don't even know where to begin describing how bad it is... but I'll give it a shot!

So... what do I hate about my Omnia?
    *first, an arpeggioed A# chord*
    (to the tune of the Major-General's song)

THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 3 large I blew on this turd of spectacular tech failure
    My burning desire to toss this phone directly into the nearest bailer
    The laggy apps, the bandwidth caps, the crappy excuse of FM
    The tiny low-res screen, and the disaster that is WM
    The wall-head banging it causes that makes me grab the ointment
    VZ's lack of care, none which to share my seething disappointment...

Just thinking of my phone straight-up ruins my whole day,
    AAAAND COME ON, WHAT MORE DO I POSSIBLY HAVE TOOOO SAYYYYYYYY!?
    I'm currently using the G1 on T-mobile. I bought out my previous verizon contract to be part of the first generation of android users predicting it would take over the market in the next 5-7 years. Unfortunately, the phone is a hunk of junk in comparison to quality android phones on the market 18 months later. Please help!
    04-26-2010 10:52 AM
    Droid Eris... I'm sure it will feel old if I can get the Incredible in my hands!
    That's right! It's a rare breed indeed! American Motors designer Richard Teague remember that name and co-CEO Mike Lazaridis together were responsible for some of the coolest cars and smartphones of the era. The Gremlin and the Curve hybrid was not either of them. AMC was profoundly in the weeds at the time, and the Gremlin was the company's attempt to beat Ford and GM to the subcompact punch. The Curve was one of the most popular smartphones in the world (albeit ahead of it's time in 1070). To save time and money, Teague's design team and Lazaridis engineering team basically whacked off the rear of the AMC Hornet with a cleaver and surgically attached it to the Curve 8329 (a number few people know).

The result was one of the most curiously proportioned, Frankenstein [not so] "smart"-phones ever, with a long low snout, long front overhang and a truncated tail, like the tail snapped off a salamander, no Wi-Fi, and get this, a TRACKBALL! Cheap and incredibly deprived with a vacuum-operated web browser, no less the Curve Gremlin was also awful to talk on, with a heavy six-cylinder speaker phone and choppy, unhappy handling due to the loss of on board application memory in the back.

The Curve Gremlin was quicker than other sub-smartphones but, alas, that only meant you heard the jeers and laughter that much sooner.

Winning the HTC Incredible for me would be like traveling from a time of fly collars and analog to Twitter and Snapdragon.

And I'll videotape (I'm still in the past. We videotape) the unboxing for you to post on AC!
    I had a Blackberry Pearl 8100 not that long ago and running it with anything beyond the stock loadout made it incredibly slow. I had to force reboot way too often.
    I have a BB8330 with NO wifi but did update to OS 5. I have been waiting for this phone to be released since Jan.
    Local Manger let me play with Incredible the other day and now I can't wait to get my own.
    I have the DROID, but my partner has an old LG Envy 2. It's not a smart phone and can't do much besides make calls and text. The phone is in need of replacement and he really wants a smart phone. It'd be incredible to replace it with the Droid Incredible
    04-26-2010 10:53 AM
    my Samsung SGH-T429 has a 0.3 megapixel camera, and that is probably the best feature. The screen turns white sometimes, which is pretty cool when I need to make calls.
    04-26-2010 10:54 AM
    I use the HTC Droid Eris...er at least I own one. My wife has the Samsung Alias 2 so she is always taking the Droid away from me so she can check the web/facebook/maps etc. I guess that technically I don't really have a phone to speak of save for the few precious moments that I get to spend with the Eris when she is asleep or not paying attention to me taking it back. We are looking at buying an Incredible when they are available for fondling at the store but winning one for free makes it so much more awesome. (avoiding the Incredible puns as best I can.)
    04-26-2010 10:54 AM
1,882 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD