Ok I am new here and very excited to start being a part of the Android community. I currently have the Storm 1 and really looking forward to upgrading to the Incredible. My question is, I have gone online to preorder the phone, and when I am almost done it is showing that my plan is going to increase by 29.99 (personal email data plan). I currently have the Blackberry data plan for 29.99 which will be removed, so shouldn't this cancel each other out?

I'm just hesitant I'm going to get double charged for data. Further, if I go ahead and order it today, are they going to disable my Blackberry data plan immediately? I do not want to go the next few days without data on my phone!

Anyone else in a similar boat and can post their experiences?

For this reason I am considering trying to go into a VZW store on Thursday and picking up the phone, but I am afraid of a huge wait while new customers try to set up everything. I have my Google contacts in order and ready to go!
    04-27-2010 10:47 AM
    I would consider going to the store if you have time.

I pre-ordered and it showed removing the Blackberry data plan and replacing it with the new data plan. (So it evened out.)

I thought I might miss out on being taxed by ordering online, but still got taxed. So if you have time and don't think your store will run out, you might as well get it in person.
    04-27-2010 10:51 AM
    You will be alright with ordering it online. Online has all the features you need to have to get the phone and they will basically stay the same as what you have for data charges. As for your data being disabled between now and then, it will not. Everything will change over when you activate your new phone and the only way you would loose data right now is if you switched to a non-smartphone.

Online gets you the rebate right at the time with no sending stuff in. If it were me (and I already have) I would order online.

just my .02
    04-27-2010 11:04 AM
    If you order online there is a smart30 code... it takes $30 more off the phone
    04-27-2010 11:05 AM
    I ordered online last night and selected all the same plan features I currently have, and it gave me my old plan price then the new price, which was basically the same (I added visual voicemail so it went up a couple of bucks). I wouldn't worry about it, just order online.
    04-27-2010 11:44 AM
    Hi Keyan, Each way has its own +ve & -ve points

Using Online, you will pay $199 - NE2 (if you have it) + Tax (no mail in rebate), and you get free activation and free overnight shipping, BUT someone has to be home to sign when delivered which might not OK for everyone

Using Store, you will pay $299 - NE2 + Tax , then you will be applying for $100 mail in rebate,

If you did not get the chance to play with a demo unit @ VZN store and you would like to see the phone and feel it first, so STORE will be better for you, otherwise I think at least for me Online is much better, no waiting in line , do it at your convenience.

By the way, I did my order online yesterday 04/26 and my status got changed today as my order already processed and I should received in 2-3 days

Good Luck
    04-27-2010 11:54 AM
    If you order online there is a smart30 code... it takes $30 more off the phone
    Is this true, I did not heared about the code before ??? !!!
    04-27-2010 11:56 AM
    Is this true, I did not heared about the code before ??? !!!
    Yes, it works. Just pre ordered using it, thanks!
    04-27-2010 12:30 PM
    I went ahead and ordered it online and selected the FREE shipping which stated it was 2 day, hmmm. It says in the promotional stuff that if you order it online before 4/28 at 4pm that you will get it on 4/29, so I hope that's the case. I'm also paranoid now that no one is going to be at home when they try to deliver it. Is there any way I can get UPS to leave it on my door even without a signature? I doubt it.
    04-27-2010 01:19 PM
    Oh and to answer my own question, and if anyone else has the same concerns, someone on VZW online support said that I won't lose my BlackBerry data package until I activate the new phone.
    04-27-2010 01:20 PM
    I went ahead and ordered it online and selected the FREE shipping which stated it was 2 day, hmmm. It says in the promotional stuff that if you order it online before 4/28 at 4pm that you will get it on 4/29, so I hope that's the case. I'm also paranoid now that no one is going to be at home when they try to deliver it. Is there any way I can get UPS to leave it on my door even without a signature? I doubt it.
    It will be FedEx, and not UPS.

Go to their website. That will tell you what your options are for a "signature required" delivery.
    04-27-2010 02:30 PM
    For me, ordering online > going to the store for the sheer sake of not having to deal with submitting rebate materials. Plus, the rebate comes as a $100 debit card. I'd rather just not have to pay that extra $100 to begin with. To each his own.
    04-27-2010 03:41 PM
    I am actually going to the store on thursday. I am going out of town for a week so i dont want to risk getting it in the mail and not being home.

Anyways...does anyone know when the phones are shipped to the store? It will have to be morning time when i go. So im hoping they will have some ready to go first thing when they open :x
    04-27-2010 03:59 PM
    I ordered online last night and selected all the same plan features I currently have, and it gave me my old plan price then the new price, which was basically the same (I added visual voicemail so it went up a couple of bucks). I wouldn't worry about it, just order online.
    FYI Gen: There is an app called youmail that you can download for free in the market place, it works just like visual voicemail...I used it on my Blackberry Storm, Droid Eris, and Iphone 3gs...I didn't have problems on either phone...I'm hoping that I won't have any problems when I download it on the Incredible...hopes this helps in saving you two bucks a month :-)
    04-27-2010 05:37 PM
    *my first post on an android forum*

I'm also switching from the dismal Storm 1 to the Incredible on thursday, I went in to my local VZW today to check my options and make sure I would be eligible for my NE2 on thursday. The woman confirmed that I'd be eligible and, even better, checked their in-store stock and said they had plenty in-stock. I then tried to bribe her to sell me one today, but no luck haha. That said, I'm buying in-store on thursday, but just to be safe I'll be there at least a half hour before the doors open.
    04-27-2010 06:11 PM
    I decided to go ahead and order it online for two reasons: 1) I heard that the corporate stores will not have these phones for at least one week at the latest. I don't think I go another week not having this phone will logging on here and hearing some of you rant and rave over this beauty. 2) I will not be doing a damn thing on the day of the 29th other than waiting patiently like a kid on Christmas for the delivery man to bring me my toy.
    04-27-2010 07:32 PM
    How do you get the free overnight shipping? It looks like i have to pay 8.99 for it.
    04-27-2010 08:34 PM
    How do you get the free overnight shipping? It looks like i have to pay 8.99 for it.
    Use the promo code freeovernt.
    04-27-2010 08:53 PM
    Alright cool. Thanks so much!
    04-27-2010 08:56 PM
    I am not eligible for NE2 but can get the phone for the two year price....I can't wait till december so I am ordering this puppy tomorrow!
    04-27-2010 10:26 PM
    I just called my local Verizon retail store (Northern Colorado) and they said they'd have plenty of Incredibles on Thursday. I'm not even worried about them being sold out (even though I have to wait another 2 weeks to buy mine, assuming I don't win the contest) since it's a smaller city compared to New York, Los Angeles, and Denver. Rather get it in-store anyways.

Super excited about this week overall, that's for sure.
    04-28-2010 12:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD