How to get your saved MMS/SMS off your current phone to DI?

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I was curious if there's any way to do this from my BBPearl to my DI when I get it in-store this Thursday? I heard that when you purchase a new phone, they will immediately deactivate your old phone so you can't use it?
Crap... Yea, I know I can just send them all to my wife or a friend and then have them MMS them right back, but can't do that.. too much "personal" stuff in some of them :p

Anyone know of a way? I assume your saved voicemails won't be a problem since those are on the VZW server and not your physical phone.

Thanks in advance!

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I don't know ask the tech at the store I'd they can pull them off. Great thing with sense is they can be stored to your sdcard. So if something were to happen to your phone and you get another one just pop your sdcard in the new on and it will ask to restore your data.

sd_bber

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
just borrow a friends phone for a few minutes, send the pics to that phone, then boot up your DI and send them to the DI. then, before giving your friend his phone back, delete them off the phone.

or maybe save them to a memory card? and just transfer?

bigpetefox

A delicious bass...
Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
The Cellebrite device does move sms over, but noone ever asks if they can be moved. They charge $20 for pics/videos (contacts free w/new phone). Sometimes you'll run into a rep, or tech, who'll hook it up.. ;)

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your comments/info :)

I actually went the email route, sending them all to my Gmail and then testing it by emailing it back to my phone at ##########@vzwpix.com where the #'s are your phone number including area code.
I tested this right back to my BBPearl and the SMS comes through with the original sender and SMS message! :)

Jackpot! Hope this helps...