Backup Assistant

rortt

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
For those of us who are coming from the ancient land of simple cell phones....

Is there a way to use Verizon's Backup Assistant to copy over contacts in your existing cell phone?

armoks

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
yep the backup assistant will work on the incredible I used it today, in the instructions that come with it, it recomends doing the BA

rortt

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replys. I thought I was going to be hosed on this as they say Backup Assistant doesn't work on Android. I guess it still doesn't, but exporting from the My Verizon site is just as easy. Again, Thanks.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
they say backup assistant will work the incredible..
Thanks for the replys. I thought I was going to be hosed on this as they say Backup Assistant doesn't work on Android. I guess it still doesn't, but exporting from the My Verizon site is just as easy. Again, Thanks.

Strygun

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
A point of clarification: BackupAssistant doesn't work on Android phones. The reason I posted it is because VZW gives instructions for people going from OTHER phones TO an Android phone. It involves backing up your info to VZW's account, then exporting that in a CSV file and importing it into your Google contacts.

Edit 4/28 7:30pm: According to another user, BackupAssistant is available on the Incredible, but, not having one with me (yet), I can't verify that. Suffice it to say that the original instructions on VZW's website will work, regardless of the fact that there may/may not be a BackupAssistant app for Android.

Last edited:

rortt

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I just used Backup Assistant on the Incredible. Worked like a champ! I thought Backup Assistant wouldn't work either, but it is under "Sync and Accounts". Accepting the disclaimer, punching in my pin, and then it downloaded all of my contacts.

agarrett527

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Simple and dumb question: Is Backup Assistant free to use for VZW? I tried the Google Sync function for when I pick my phone up tomorrow and it was having some issues syncing my Storm 1.

jwright

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Backup Assistant DOES work on the incredible - it is easy to set up and syncs well.
The problem is now I cant get it off the phone.

Settings - Accounts & sync - Backup Assistant
will take you to the BA settings but there is no option to uninstall.

I tried removing all the BA entries in my phone, but still couldn't remove.
Any ideas?

thanks

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
The point is to use BackupAssistant to get the contacts to the phone first...once on the phone, remove BA.

How do you remove backup assistant? seems like once you activate it, it will not go away. i don't see the point either if you are using gmail contacts sync.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I haven't activated it, but if it's like any of the other accounts you should be able to go to settings > accounts and sync > backup assistant and click remove account.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaydenWhitfield