joeybcdt

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I installed pdaNet without a hitch. Worked perfectly. BUT...once I exited pdaNet and tried to get back on my wifi, my wifi was gone.

Here's what I THINK was the deal: On pdaNet install Win 7 asked if the connection was a Home network, a Business network, or a Public network. I selected Home network. Mistake. I think I should've selected Public network.

I've since recovered my wifi and will try the pdaNet install again tomorrow. Any thoughts or advice?

Joey

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I installed pdaNet without a hitch. Worked perfectly. BUT...once I exited pdaNet and tried to get back on my wifi, my wifi was gone.

Here's what I THINK was the deal: On pdaNet install Win 7 asked if the connection was a Home network, a Business network, or a Public network. I selected Home network. Mistake. I think I should've selected Public network.

I've since recovered my wifi and will try the pdaNet install again tomorrow. Any thoughts or advice?

Joey

LOL. Crap! I'm testing PdaNet as I write this, and I set it up exactly as you did. So, I presume I'll be stuck without wi-fi in a few secon....< ZAP >

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Well, after I disconnected PdaNet, I had to re-enter my network key. Normally, I connect to the network automatically. Aside from that, no problem.

EDIT:
< strike this comment >
I'm even connected to PdaNet & my home wi-fi network simultaneously right now. No issues.
< /strike >

I just noticed that the home wi-fi network is down - I'm sure because of PdaNet.

Last edited:

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
When Win7 asks you if you are connecting to a Home, Business, or Public network, the only thing it's doing is adjusting the firewall settings and services for network discovery... it should not be disabling your network adapters. If your network adapter is being disabled then it might PDAnet that's doing it.

joeybcdt

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
When Win7 asks you if you are connecting to a Home, Business, or Public network, the only thing it's doing is adjusting the firewall settings and services for network discovery... it should not be disabling your network adapters. If your network adapter is being disabled then it might PDAnet that's doing it.

To get my wifi working I had to unplug the power to my router and power it back up.