Wifi Q & A

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
So far no matter what I try I cannot turn on WiFi. It says "Unable To Connect To WiFi". Any suggestion?

What frequency is your access point broadcasting on? It must be 2.4GHz (b, g, or n)

Does the access point have MAC address filtering turned on?

Check your Wi-Fi access point logs to see if you can see your phone trying to connect and what errors may be occurring.

itch808

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Wifi broken?!?

I simply cannot connect to my router which runs mixed b/g/n. My laptop with N capability connects fine. My old BB bold 9000 that only had b/g connected fine. But my Dinc won't connect.

Is anyone else having wifi connection problems???!?!???

Matt_AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Mine connects to my wireless network at home without a hitch, and I'm able to browse the internet. I'm NOT able to pull down Twitter updates via Twidroid Pro, though, which I'm confused about. When I disconnect from my wireless network, I am able to pull down new Twitter updates. It's a mystery, for now.

Hulkster

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I just tried this, I have the same problem. Linksys router, running mixed b/g/n. It says it's connecting, and then 5 seconds later it says it's disconnected. Made sure everything was typed correctly, still no go. I'm not sure what's up.

itch808

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I just tried this, I have the same problem. Linksys router, running mixed b/g/n. It says it's connecting, and then 5 seconds later it says it's disconnected. Made sure everything was typed correctly, still no go. I'm not sure what's up.

That's exactly what happens to me! :mad:

I've tried at least 10x. It says "Obtaining Address" and then just says it failed. :(

This is with with a D-Link router. Range isn't a factor either, I've done it inches away.

herbologist

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I dont know where to check my frequency. My Mac Address just says "Unavailable" and I tried scanning but that did not do anything. "WiFi" is checked in the box and under it says "Unable to start Wi-Fi".

anon(6936)

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Do you have encryption set? If so try turning it off. Does the Incredible support WPA2 PSK? If not you may have to drop down to a lower type.

craig928#AC

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Fixed my wifi, maybe this fix can help you

keep this post short and sweet. My wifi worked great for the first 2 days, then stopped working. I entered my usual router password on the initial setup and it worked... for 2 days..., So, just now after messing with the phone for an hour, I decided to look into my router security settings (http://192.168.1.1) and looked at key 1, typed in key 1 in the phone instead of my ordinary password and vuola, wifi back on and working.

After doing an extensive search of all sorts, this seems to be a reoccuring problem with droids and wifi in general, and I am probably beating a dead horse, but I figure theres a bunch of droid newbs and wifi newbs like myself who can use a quick fix.

CSL

sum spicy rice

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm coming from a blackberry with no WiFi...

So question: will it automatically connect to WiFi once I set it up, if it's available? Or will it ask me to connect each time and annoy the hell out of me if I go in and out of WiFi hot spots?

Since no one answered this question...

once you set it up.. it will remember it and automatically connect as long as WiFi is turned on. I'm not sure if you own an Incredible yet or you're just asking.. but the phone has a WiFi widget.. and tapping it just turns it on/off.. so if you put in the password once or twice for ur network.. it should automatically connect as long as the WiFi is on

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm resurrecting this thread because I'm still having some issues getting 802.11n to work properly. According to the specs in the user guide, the Incredible supports:

Wi-Fi?: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n

I am able to connect to my 802.11 2.4 GHz g/b/n router without any issues, but the fastest speed the Incredible is showing is 54Mbps.

So... Can those of you connecting to an 802.11n router, please go to settings > wireless & networks > Wi-Fi settings & click on the connected access point and report back your speed? I'd like to hear if anyone's getting something greater than 54Mbps.

handbra#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm resurrecting this thread because I'm still having some issues getting 802.11n to work properly. According to the specs in the user guide, the Incredible supports:

Wi-Fi?: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n

I am able to connect to my 802.11 2.4 GHz g/b/n router without any issues, but the fastest speed the Incredible is showing is 54Mbps.

So... Can those of you connecting to an 802.11n router, please go to settings > wireless & networks > Wi-Fi settings & click on the connected access point and report back your speed? I'd like to hear if anyone's getting something greater than 54Mbps.

I'm not sure if I'm on an n network or not, but my connection is 54Mbps.

bobstudent3

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I can't connect to the free wifi at work. I've done a ton of web searches, but Android just doesn't play as well with free wifi that redirects to a "homepage" (to click on "Yes" for the agreement) as laptops, iPhones, or iPod touches.

Lots of people have the same issue: Issue 1597 - android - browser crash possibly related to invalid SSL certificate - Project Hosting on Google Code

It looks like the only fix will be to root the Incredible (which hasn't been done yet) and change to the Cyanogen mod. What a hassle!

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Yes and no. It works great on my 802.11g network but I can't get it to connect to my N network. No speed or connectivity issues otherwise.
Yeah, same here. I had to go into the settings on my Linksys N network and set it to operate in G mode. Pain in the neck but it works now. Also downgraded the security from the latest greatest to the WEP 128-bit encryption...seems like the Incredible doesn't support the latest security measures.

Can't believe how fast my Internet connections are now...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary