Problems Playing Music Over Bluetooth

AJFSTORM

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I just posted a problem with playing music using bluetooth but there's so much going on in this forum now that it's already been pushed to page 2. LOL
Can we get a Bug Thread Sticky ?

AJFSTORM

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
The wired headphone works great and the car's bluetooth is okay because I've been using it with my BB for over a year.

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I just posted a problem with playing music using bluetooth but there's so much going on in this forum now that it's already been pushed to page 2. LOL

Are you trying to listen to your Bluetooth stereo headset outside?

My Motorola S9 cuts out horribly outside if the phone is not in my back pocket. This occurred on my Storm as well, so I'm pretty sure it's not the handset.

Inside, the headset performs almost flawlessly.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'll start a sticky once we have a confirmed bug. Otherwise these threads turn into enormous Q & A threads that don't even contain confirmed bugs.

anon(6936)

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site

I replied to your thread. I had the same problem (BT audio pausing or not working) with the stock ROM on the N1. Rooted, flashed Cyanogen's latest and everything works perfectly. Sounds like the bug carried over.

If you're trying to collect data for troubleshooting, my car radio is a RCD-510 on a 2010 VW. Stock 2.1 Update 1 ROM - The BT audio connects but songs pause every 2-3 seconds like it's buffering. Turn-by-Turn nav audio makes the attempt (I can see the 'BT Audio' icon on the radio light up so I know a signal is being sent) but no sound comes out. I rooted and started with Cyanogen 5.0.41 and now on 5.0.6 -- reconnected to the car and everything works perfectly. Streaming audio (Pandora and music app) - no pauses. Voice on turn-by-turn nav comes across the car speakers right away. Cyanogen says he started with a stock ROM and no BT changes were made but it definitely works with his cooked ROM where the stock one doesn't. I've had two Nexus Ones and experienced this on both of them.

On the Google support page there are tons of people saying BT audio isn't working in their cars (most of the cars seem to be Nissans) - I didn't stay subscribed long enough to see if anyone else rooted and it worked.

Last edited:

anon(6936)

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I posted the same issue @XDA and someone there offered a suggestion as to why it's happening; mp3 encoding. (The poster had the same car as me with no issues.) His mp3's were encoded at 128kbps > mine are anywhere between 128, 256, and 320kbps. So that is a 50/50 theory.

My other thought is that the stock ROM uses more system resources (memory) where Cyanogen is optimized. Not sure how much of a system drain A2DP is but its plausible since Cyanogen says he didn't mess with the BT stack.

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
bluetooth audio on incredible

can not get my stereo bluetooth headphones to work with music..it works fine on calls but when i try music or slacker it plays from the speaker....im sure im missing something __________________i have the motorola S9 's
on the new incredible....

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
can not get my stereo bluetooth headphones to work with music..it works fine on calls but when i try music or slacker it plays from the speaker....im sure im missing something __________________i have the motorola S9 's
on the new incredible....

Did you pair them?

Menu>Settings>Bluetooth Settings>tap on "Discoverable">tap on "Scan for devices"

The headphones gotta be on. When it discovers and pairs, it will show up in a list below the menus that says "Bluetooth devices."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad