I recently rooted my Droid Incredible about 2-3 weeks ago. I got the phone around a month and a half ago after my last Incredible randomly started acting up. This one has been perfectly fine up until recently. A few days ago it was working completely fine then all of the sudden it shut off. I turned it back on to discover that it had deleted my contacts and reverted most of my apps back to previous versions, some 6+ months old, including Google Maps, Facebook, and the Market. Also almost every app would force close once every 15-30 seconds. I turned the phone off and on several times to no avail. I took the battery out and put it back a few times as well. Most times it wouldn't even finish the boot load process, but shut down mid-load. When it did turn on my apps would force close to the point where I was just accepting force closes the whole time. After a few hours of this it finally stopped, but sometimes it will start acting up again, never on the scale that it did the first time. I fear that this is due to rooting it, I used unrEVOked3 to root it and have only installed Wireless Tether since. Any clues to the problem and if not how could I unroot it to take it in to the Verizon store?
    07-25-2011 09:25 PM
    You can always unroot it but did the problem start after you rooted?

I would prepare myself for a factory reset...as in, back up all your apps with Titanium Backup, backup your contacts if their already not stored in Google's servers, and make note of where all your apps/widgets are.

Go to recovery (turn phone off, wait for it to power down, then power back on while holding the volume down button) scroll to where it says "recovery" and select it. Once there scroll to factory/data reset...do it. After that scroll one down to cache partition and wipe this data as well. Then go to "advanced" and in that menu find "Dalvic" select that and wipe it as well.

This will return your phone back to its factory state and you'll have to go through the setup process again. This should solve your problems. You will still be rooted, it will only erase all the data on your phone, not your SD card, just your phone.

It could be a bad app acting up enough to make the entire system unstable. When you restore your apps from Titanium (you'll have to re-download it from the market but it will know which apps you have backed up because it saves them on your SD card...by the way if you don't have an SD card installed, get one before doing this) restore them as APP ONLY, NO DATA.

Good luck.
    07-25-2011 10:01 PM
    Yes, it started only after rooting. But I also discovered that it will not open any downloaded app, only the preloaded Google ones. Not sure if that's of any help, thanks.
    07-25-2011 11:56 PM
    Just rooting alone should send your phone into a tizzy.

If your market is all messed up and you can't download apps (like Titanium Backup) you may want to try clearing your Market cache and reset it.

Press Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > then scroll to Market > Clear cache > Clear data > and Force stop
    If you can't find the Market try the tab that says "All Applications" rather than just the one that says "Downloaded" or something similar

If you're familiar at all with flashing ROM's the instructions I gave in my earlier response should be easy enough to follow. If not go to the hacking and ROM's section of this forum and give the flashing roms thread a read or post your problem in there...lots of other folks that are much more smarter than me hanging around there
    07-26-2011 05:02 AM
    If the reset does not work - also try Fix Permissions in Recovery, under the advanced option. It can work wonders.
    07-26-2011 07:42 AM
    I have Titanium but after this started it won't even open, along with my other apps. I uninstalled and reinstalled some other apps and they worked, but some of those apps such as Facebook and Market I can't do that with. Any ideas?
    07-26-2011 12:12 PM
    Not to be snarkey but pville gave you a really good idea, as well as the factory reset that I first posted.
    07-26-2011 08:26 PM
    Did you run Fix Permissions in Recovery?
    07-26-2011 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD