My biggest gripe is pretty easy....I don't have one
    04-29-2010 02:34 PM
    Lol. Hopefully you will soon enough.

P.S. - it's great to see all you guys joining us from Crackberry
    04-29-2010 02:36 PM
    Lol. Hopefully you will soon enough.

P.S. - it's great to see all you guys joining us from Crackberry
    I'm probably going to get one asap but I have a feeling by the time I leave the office I'll be SOL until they are restocked, just in case I'll slip into best buy today and see if I can pick one up.
    04-29-2010 02:40 PM
    +1. My NE2 is up in July. Wondering if they can bump it up.
    04-29-2010 02:47 PM
    Cons so far:
    1. The notification LED at the top is so recessed its USELESS. You can only see the dim light if you are right next to the phone looking at the screen within a 30 degree angle.

2. The rear speaker output hole is on the back of the phone only. While it is on the 2nd level on the back of the phones 3 levels and won't get muted on a flat, hard surface.... placing the phone on a bed or any sort of cloth DRASTICALLY reduces the speaker volume. There should be a hole somewhere on the side as well.

3. Had to download a 0.99 cent app to get the same level of customization my Blackberry Curve had for Sound Profiles (sms, mms, email, ringtone, etc). It was a pain to get the purchased app and system app to co-exist easily (Probably wouldn't need to purchase the app on a rooted phone... not sure)
    04-29-2010 02:47 PM
    they bumped up mine, after I complained about my Eris. They might do yours even if you don't complain.
    04-29-2010 02:51 PM
    So the biggest problem I've been reading is that the screen is horrible outdoors. Is this true, and is there a fix for it (like turning the brightness up/down, etc)?
    Honestly, I don't get this gripe. I have yet to run across a phone that is great outdoors in direct sunlight. My Storm sucked as well. Honestly, how often do you stand in the middle of a park in direct sunlight and surf the web or reply to an email?

But that's just me...
    04-29-2010 02:51 PM
    They should be able to bump up the NE2 date by a month or so. Just call up 611 and be nice.
    04-29-2010 03:08 PM
    Honestly, how often do you stand in the middle of a park in direct sunlight and surf the web or reply to an email?

But that's just me...
    QUITE often if you have children that play sports on weekends...
    04-29-2010 03:12 PM
    I'm not a big fan of the stock keyboard - I prefer the Droid's stock keyboard personally
    You might be able to buy the program better keyboard off the market. I think thats more like the droids keyboard, but you can also get skins for it. Maybe once the phone is rooted you could get the droid's keyboard on there.

Anyone try to install VoiceSearchWithKeyboard.apk? It might not let you install.
    04-29-2010 03:15 PM
    QUITE often if you have children that play sports on weekends...
    Shouldn't you be watching your kids instead of fiddling with your phone?

Just sayin...
    04-29-2010 03:16 PM
    to me the face book app is better for the bb but im sure theres something im missing that i dont get my notifications as they come.

the next one is syncing music to it. i wish there was like a a way to sync with a playlist off of itunes. i got to drag and drop each file to the phone when in i tunes its all orginized already.

last thing is i can put custom tones for my sms/mms/emails or the alarm clock. i sleep heavy so i got to have my custom tone for the alarm. i can live with out it for my sms and stuff but not the alarm.
    04-29-2010 03:32 PM
    Cons so far:
    1. The notification LED at the top is so recessed its USELESS. You can only see the dim light if you are right next to the phone looking at the screen within a 30 degree angle.

2. The rear speaker output hole is on the back of the phone only. While it is on the 2nd level on the back of the phones 3 levels and won't get muted on a flat, hard surface.... placing the phone on a bed or any sort of cloth DRASTICALLY reduces the speaker volume. There should be a hole somewhere on the side as well.

3. Had to download a 0.99 cent app to get the same level of customization my Blackberry Curve had for Sound Profiles (sms, mms, email, ringtone, etc). It was a pain to get the purchased app and system app to co-exist easily (Probably wouldn't need to purchase the app on a rooted phone... not sure)
    agreed i forgot to add that to my list....WTF google. lame
    04-29-2010 03:34 PM
    Having to press the top lock button every time to see the screen and then swipe to unlock
    I'm having issues with it playing music in my car using Bluetooth
    I used to have an extra battery to use with my Storm, and I'd like to do the same with the Inc. but the back cover doesn't feel like it can stand up to taking on and off every day. (The Storm battery cover was made to take this kind of wear and tear because battery pulls were a part of it's design LOL... NOT)

Minor gripes which I think can be changed, fixed or overlooked. Otherwise I LOVE this phone.
    04-29-2010 03:37 PM
    Having to press the top lock button every time to see the screen and then swipe to unlock
    I'm having issues with it playing music in my car using Bluetooth
    I used to have an extra battery to use with my Storm, and I'd like to do the same with the Inc. but the back cover doesn't feel like it can stand up to taking on and off every day. (The Storm battery cover was made to take this kind of wear and tear because battery pulls were a part of it's design LOL... NOT)

Minor gripes which I think can be changed, fixed or overlooked. Otherwise I LOVE this phone.
    Which button would be easier to accidentally be pressed while in your pocket? If it's the bottom buttons or wheel then I would say they designed it correctly. Hate to say it but I think Apple got it right with it's recessed middle button which can be pressed to wake up screen.
    04-29-2010 03:42 PM
    They should be able to bump up the NE2 date by a month or so. Just call up 611 and be nice.
    Good. Thanks for that. My S1 needs to be flung into a tar pit.
    04-29-2010 03:44 PM
    Shouldn't you be watching your kids instead of fiddling with your phone?

Just sayin...
    Hey when did my wife join the forums???

I am so used to pushed notifications so that is a turnoff.
    Can someone take a list and add it to the OP's first post?
    04-29-2010 03:47 PM
    The screen is going to have the natural limitations any phone has with AMOLED screens in them.

The sunlight making it invisible and the reds and oranges being overly saturated.

Cheap AMOLED I might add.

I harp on this non-stop.
    04-29-2010 03:48 PM
    My comment is that when using the full key board sideways you have to hit some button(dont know what to call it) to get to the previous screen to hit send. I have yet to find a way to just send it without the extra step.

The market place isnt as well put together as App world. Maybe there is more to it, but for having 50k apps I dont know where they are all hiding.
    04-29-2010 03:48 PM
    wow this came in as m.forum.androidcentral.com while others are the right way on a pc.....

love the tar comment.
    04-29-2010 03:50 PM
    The screen is going to have the natural limitations any phone has with AMOLED screens in them.

The sunlight making it invisible and the reds and oranges being overly saturated.

Cheap AMOLED I might add.

I harp on this non-stop.
    That kinda sucks. I also noticed in the store that the screen seems to have a slight red hue to it. Is that true or was it just me hallucinating?
    04-29-2010 03:51 PM
    I think it was you hallucinating because of the wow factor tantric mood you were in.

Seriously don't know
    04-29-2010 03:53 PM
    Gripe? I would say not having full Yahoo integration/sync. You can receive your Yahoo mail but when you delete, that doesn't sync back to my actual inbox online (as far as I know unless I'm doing something wrong).
    +100. The phone likes Yahoo almost as much as the Red Sox likes the Yankees.

The screen in daylight isn't that great.

But I love the speed!!!
    04-29-2010 03:55 PM
    wow this came in as m.forum.androidcentral.com while others are the right way on a pc.....

love the tar comment.
    Yes sir. Tar = remedy for S1 pain!
    04-29-2010 03:59 PM

Agree too.. I hate that it turns off after like 10secs?? Maybe there's a setting somewhere in the bowels of the phone to make it longer?

My only "gripe" so far is that the screen is too sensitive for me! When scrolling through apps or something, it seems everytime I put down the side of my index finger to scroll, the item is selected and opens... Grrrrr...

Other than that, it's been great so far!! Full frontal screen is an absolute necessity. Greasy fingers and ear "goobage" when holding to your ear is wreaking havoc on mine. I've still got the factory protector on and thinking of actually leave it on for a week or so until SPG full front screen protectors are ready.
    04-29-2010 04:01 PM
291 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD