05-13-2010 03:58 AM
291 12345 ...
tools
    Which button would be easier to accidentally be pressed while in your pocket? If it's the bottom buttons or wheel then I would say they designed it correctly. Hate to say it but I think Apple got it right with it's recessed middle button which can be pressed to wake up screen.
    they can make the track pad wake the screen up on press. i would love for that
    04-29-2010 04:02 PM
    nonstop " The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." errors.
    04-29-2010 04:05 PM
    i have to wait till tomm cause i got it through my job . So tonight i get to pay for one for my girlfriend and watch her have fun with it!!!!!!!!!!!! Dammit lol, i am also over from crackberry as well. This will be my new home
    04-29-2010 04:05 PM
    I noticed that when I used the phone in the store, the HTC "spotlight" live wallpaper didn't work. Everything else seemed to, though.

Also, I tried shutting off Sense in the Applications menu like you could with older phones... but you outright can't in the Incredible. Once you do that and click Home, but phone will just restart Sense. So it looks like they really DID get rid of stock Android. Not saying that's a bad thing, but just putting it out there.
    04-29-2010 04:06 PM
    The fact that there is only about 10 US cities to chose from in the HTC Weather app. Yes, an exaggeration, but not by much.
    04-29-2010 04:17 PM
    they can make the track pad wake the screen up on press. i would love for that
    Yes! Good Observation.
    04-29-2010 04:20 PM
    you guys are making me doubt my purchase now!
    04-29-2010 04:21 PM
    No grips here this is a great phone
    04-29-2010 04:26 PM
    +1. My NE2 is up in July. Wondering if they can bump it up.
    Mine was July and I got it bumped up by calling. Only downside is I have to wait until tomorrow and order over the phone and wait for it to get here. A few days is better than a few months for sure though.
    04-29-2010 04:26 PM
    most things are minor gripes.. the incredible really is incredible =)
    04-29-2010 04:27 PM
    Don't doubt it man - I'm asking for the worst of the worst. Of course you're going to see negatives here. But honestly none of the negatives here really outweigh the positives for this phone. Go Incredible!
    04-29-2010 04:28 PM
    No grips here this is a great phone
    If there are no grips how do you hold the thing?
    04-29-2010 04:28 PM
    most things are minor gripes.. the incredible really is incredible =)
    THANKS!!!
    10char
    04-29-2010 04:29 PM
    Dont doubt your purchase. Came from an 8330 for 2 1/2 years and loved it but this phone blows it away. And i cant believe how fast i can type with the keyboard. Render one web page and you will start crying tears of joy...
    04-29-2010 04:29 PM
    That kinda sucks. I also noticed in the store that the screen seems to have a slight red hue to it. Is that true or was it just me hallucinating?
    Sadly it was true.

It is just a downside of cheap AMOLED screens.
    04-29-2010 04:30 PM
    Why? Does the Incredible do everything you wanted/expected it to? Does it work for *YOU*? If so, then you're good.

Don't worry about what the rest of us think!
    04-29-2010 04:38 PM
    go to the touch.facebook.com website. set it as a bookmark shortcut on ur home screen. best way for facebook ive seen so far
    04-29-2010 04:38 PM
    Agree too.. I hate that it turns off after like 10secs?? Maybe there's a setting somewhere in the bowels of the phone to make it longer?
    Settings -> Sound & Display -> Screen Time out.. Default is 1min.. but you can increase... Remember, the longer the screen is lit, the more battery it uses.

My only "gripe" so far is that the screen is too sensitive for me! When scrolling through apps or something, it seems everytime I put down the side of my index finger to scroll, the item is selected and opens... Grrrrr...
    Yup. I feel the same... My LG Dare, Moto Droid, Moto Devour, and other touch screen phones, and now the Incredible... I have that same problem.

Only ones I didn't have that problem... My Storm1 & Storm 2... that is why I like SurePress.
    04-29-2010 04:40 PM
    Mine was July and I got it bumped up by calling. Only downside is I have to wait until tomorrow and order over the phone and wait for it to get here. A few days is better than a few months for sure though.
    Good job man. I'll make that call tonight. Couldn't hurt.
    04-29-2010 04:51 PM
    I don't have mine yet
    04-29-2010 04:57 PM
    Goodbye Blackberry days (sorry Crackberry, you served me well before I moved over to the incredible!!). Couple of gripes, but I don't think all of them are fair as I guess I am just sort of used to years of BB. None of these deter from this amazing phone.

1) Unified mail box (really wish that was available)
    2) I do tend to play around with my phone when I have idle time on subway or bus and the battery will most likely be an issue. After two days of use (yes, a lot of use) I easily need to charge it somewhere mid-day.
    3) I tend to hit icon while swiping due to sensitivity, but I guess I was used to mashing the screen on the storm.
    4) The HTC music player doesn't seem to have any EQ settings, but overall sound quality and level is god

Thats really about it so far. I have had a fairly easy transition from BB. BTW, I saw that VZW has a 2100mah extended battery in the system for $60. Has anyone seen this?, it must have a different back cover?. If it doesn't drastically transform the phone into a chubster might be great.
    04-29-2010 04:59 PM
    Here's my gripes thus far (and I think they're relatively minor).

Greys are not exactly grey, the color balance is definitely shifted to red.

The display is not as crisp as the Droid's, probably because the AMOLED on this device renders pixels with only two subpixels, and borrowing from an adjacent pixel. To me it looks a teeny bit mottled and fuzzy. But man, once you see the contrast levels and how deep/vibrant the colors are, it's tough to complain.

I wish the screen were just a TEENY bit bigger.

The UI is certainly fast, but 3D apparently is not - at least not in the case of "Asphalt 5". Definitely faster on the Droid. What's the difference in GPU in the Droid versus the Incredible? anyone know? It could simply be a software glitch since Asphalt probably doesn't know what kind of handset it's running on.

That's it for now. It's really hard to NOT like this device.
    04-29-2010 05:03 PM
    Render one web page and you will start crying tears of joy...
    So True!!!!!!!!
    04-29-2010 05:07 PM
    Agree too.. I hate that it turns off after like 10secs?? Maybe there's a setting somewhere in the bowels of the phone to make it longer?
    Someone else posted how to change the settings, I would also recomend getting screebl from the market, it keeps the screen on if you have it in certain positoins, then when you lay it on the desk it turns off. That way you can leave the screen time out to 10 sec and conserve battery.
    04-29-2010 05:14 PM
    I also came from crackberry

1) Android doesn't sync my tasks or notes from my microsoft exchange server - this is huge for me... I have 2 years of personal and professional notes now stuck in my blackberry (storm1) and at my desk at work with no way of transfering them to my phone.

2) Steep learning curve coming from blackberry, ranging from the sensitivity issues of not having surepress to navigating the market

3) Sound profiles are not as customizable as I'm used to. On a similar note, I don't like a lot of the notification sounds. Blackberry had much more classy/professional sounding ones.

4) My exchange server requires that I type in a password every time the phone sleeps, so I set it to 1 hour (max allowable). But this drains the battery quickly. So I'm stuck between low battery life and the hassle of constantly typing in a password.
    04-29-2010 05:17 PM
291 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD