05-13-2010 03:58 AM
291 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Dude both here and on CB you are brutally honest.....totally respect that bro.

You make me feel like I made the right choice, I mean I know I did, but battery life is always an issue but heck what phone gets great life anymore except BB's and my curve gets a few hrs but if I open an app and forget to close it, it takes forever.

I am guessing that everyone with this device that nobody is closing apps and that is why battery life is low?
    android does multasking different so closing apps isnt 'needed' per say and many dont have the close option. The one thing i didnt like about the batter is that i felt it actually lost alot last night while i was sleeping.

my storm 2 dropped 5% over about 6 hours while the DI dropped about more than that i feel. It also appeard it went to sleep (not sure about that) but it seems to wake up. we will see in the morning.

obviously it needs more time to say how good battery life is. i used my storm much more than the DI today today too probably 75 storm 25 DI.

I plan to use a GPS Golf app tomorrow so i will see how the battery fairs doing that
    04-29-2010 11:03 PM
    You can delete a single SMS by pressing and holding it until a menu pops up with different options including one to delete.
    Bingo! Winner winner chicken dinner!

Thank you sir.. I just tried it out and you are awesome! Worked like a champ..
    04-29-2010 11:05 PM
    my only gripe so far is having to read through all of the negative posts. you people haven't even had the phone for a day and your already ********. how sad is that!
    04-29-2010 11:23 PM
    My biggest gripes:

1. Lens contact with any surface when lying the phone flat (I feel like I always gotta lay it down softly so as to not damage the lens)

2. Unlocking takes three steps cuz I have a unlock pattern set (pushing the top button, swiping the HTC bar down, and finally gesturing my unlock pattern).. can the HTC bar be eliminated when setting a unlock pattern please?..

3. The Contacts.. errrr.. Peoples list.. Ok so I have linked together my phone, google, and facebook contacts (not the whole facebook list, just the ones I have in my phone and google lists), so the problem I have is that info listed for some can get long but upon further examination its because duplicate numbers are listed (one from phone list, the other from google).. could fix be made to set lets say google as the default contacts lists and show info phone contacts list only if different numbers/info show up there?..

4. Battery life

Besides that, phone is Incredible!!!
    04-29-2010 11:25 PM
    my only gripe so far is having to read through all of the negative posts. you people haven't even had the phone for a day and your already ********. how sad is that!
    Perhaps the development team has someone checking out the forums for user complaints. If so, this would lead to fixes in future software upgrades. If people only posted positive things, they would think nothing's wrong and everything is perfect.
    04-29-2010 11:30 PM
    Battery life and keeping the screen on. I wish it had a setting to keep the screen on longer if it was charging.

I had a weird thing happen yesterday when I had it charging through USB on my computer while talking on a Bluetooth headset the screen would flicker on and off by itself and I couldn't keep the screen on. I tried pressing a button, touching the screen, and short pressing the power button. The screen would go on then turn off by itself very quickly.

I was also charging it today (it all goes back to the battery life, I guess) in the car when the phone rang. I could not ignore the call (or answer on speakerphone if I had wanted to) by swiping the screen.

It's still a huge upgrade from my Palm (with no data plan) 700p.
    04-29-2010 11:35 PM
    Bingo! Winner winner chicken dinner!

Thank you sir.. I just tried it out and you are awesome! Worked like a champ..
    Glad to help!
    04-29-2010 11:35 PM
    general android gripe, no bt voice dial support.
    this has been open since 2008 with no response from developers, wtf?
    the incredible is incredible though, cant wait for root.
    04-29-2010 11:38 PM
    Perhaps the development team has someone checking out the forums for user complaints. If so, this would lead to fixes in future software upgrades. If people only posted positive things, they would think nothing's wrong and everything is perfect.
    yea, perhaps...but still....it hasn't even been a day which tells me the people complaining are probably not happy with any device.
    04-30-2010 12:00 AM
    On the off chance that changes do come, I'd like to see the stock 2.1 Andrew News and Weather Widget show up on the Incredible.
    04-30-2010 12:08 AM
    Is there any way with the stock SMS/Android vs. Handcent/Chomp to make it so the same SMS from the same sender isn't all lumped together in a single "conversation" thread?

Coming from my BBPearl, say 'Joe' sends me 3 SMS's, they are 3 separate SMS's that I can read/delete individually. But with the DI (and yes this is my first day with it, I know DI noob!), is there any way or another SMS app to make all the SMS's even from the same sender separate like on BB's?

Not a deal breaker, but I get lots of SMS's from people that I either delete or keep, and with now a long "thread" SMS conversation all bunched together, I don't want to say delete or save the whole thing.

Thanks!

in handcent you can just long press the individual message and delete them, but thats the closest thing i can guess
    04-30-2010 12:10 AM
    +1. My NE2 is up in July. Wondering if they can bump it up.
    They bumped up my October 2010 NE2. You won't have any problem getting it bumped up.
    04-30-2010 12:14 AM
    they actually do it differently than everyone else because they tie everything together in one combined "thread" and it can include instant messaging apps along with SMS. But its stiill threaded

Ya I know, my friend keeps reminding me.. LOL

She wants me to get a Palm Pre Plus so we can synergize together hee
    04-30-2010 12:14 AM
    I don't like that I have been unable to put it down. I also don't like how its too customizable.
    I really hate the awesome HTC keyboard and also hate the fact that it has been getting me some serious attention from the ladies.

hahaha...guess you LIKE the fact the phone is proper
    04-30-2010 12:23 AM
    Battery life and keeping the screen on. I wish it had a setting to keep the screen on longer if it was charging.
    To keep the screen on longer (while not charging): menu=>settings=>sound & display=>screen timeout

To keep screen on when charging: menu=>settings=>applications=>development=>stay awake (odd place to put it?)

Hope thats what you're looking for!
    04-30-2010 12:25 AM
    They bumped up my October 2010 NE2. You won't have any problem getting it bumped up.
    That's very encouraging! I really want to make that jump, but I also want to research on possible bugs, defects, etc.......

Thanks though.
    04-30-2010 12:35 AM
    Certainly encouraging. I'm in August and thought I'd be out of the water for months.

Did you call the regular customer support # (611)? Or retentions or something like that? Did you have a particularly large account with them?

Thanks.
    04-30-2010 02:28 AM
    Dial 611 and hit 0. Be calm, polite, yet confident this is what you want to do. When I explained my situation last year to get the Tour early, her response was "Let me look at this... alright sir, your upgrade has been moved up. Anything else I can do for you today?" Very easy.
    04-30-2010 07:15 AM
    New gripe, browser only allows 4 open windows at once.
    04-30-2010 07:28 AM
    Went to my local VZW store yesterday. My NE2 upgrade is only a few days away. They wouldn't bump me up. They said I had to wait.
    04-30-2010 07:49 AM
    can someone go about 5 hrs without needing a charge?
    I mean how bad of battery times we talking here?

I had to use mine for about an hour without plugging it in. It was down like 25%. But really, considering how much I was playing, not bad.
    04-30-2010 07:59 AM
    I would like to click the optical pad when locked to allow me to turn on the screen and swipe it unlocked. That should be an option. Just saying.
    04-30-2010 08:04 AM
    You can delete a single SMS by pressing and holding it until a menu pops up with different options including one to delete.
    This should go in the tips/tricks section. nice find
    04-30-2010 08:34 AM
    This should go in the tips/tricks section. nice find
    ill put it in the thread and give you credit
    04-30-2010 08:36 AM
    Does anybody know how to take off app you dont ues and also how abour folders?, I also miss HIDE function of my BB, I too am from CrackBerry.
    04-30-2010 08:38 AM
291 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD