05-13-2010 03:58 AM
291 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Does anybody know how to take off app you dont ues and also how abour folders?, I also miss HIDE function of my BB, I too am from CrackBerry.
    to delete an app you go to

Menu>Settings> Applications and then there should be an option to see the app list and to delete the ones you dont want (sorry dont have my phone with me right now to tell you the exact pathway)

for folders.. not so sure.. never created a folder. to add a folder i know you click the + button on the screen at the bottom right and create a folder..

for file managing.. the app "ASTRO file manager" is good and recommended to me by one of the moderators and works well for file managing
    04-30-2010 08:42 AM
    Cons so far:
    1. The notification LED at the top is so recessed its USELESS. You can only see the dim light if you are right next to the phone looking at the screen within a 30 degree angle.

Agreed. The glowing trackball on the Eris was a very nice touch. Not sure I miss the mechanical trackball, but it would be nice to view silent alerts more easily on this phone.
    04-30-2010 09:01 AM
    My biggest gripe? It's practically rendered me unable to operate my Garmin resistive touch screen!

It took me twice as long to enter a new address (road trip today) than it normally does, because I'm so used to the sensitivity of the capacitive screen. I'm trying to enter the address going "register the character dammit!!!" LOL
    04-30-2010 09:27 AM
    For me I would say the battery.. it needs a much stronger battery.. because the phone is so addictive.. it gets used a lot and the battery should be much stronger. hopefully the extended battery will be amazing
    i think ill be ordering one also, just not sure which one the 1750 or the over 3000 (wonder how much bigger it makes the phone)
    04-30-2010 09:30 AM
    I had to use mine for about an hour without plugging it in. It was down like 25%. But really, considering how much I was playing, not bad.
    Thanks 10 char
    04-30-2010 09:31 AM
    i think ill be ordering one also, just not sure which one the 1750 or the over 3000 (wonder how much bigger it makes the phone)
    They said it would add 3 to 4mm, I think.
    04-30-2010 09:37 AM
    My biggest gripe? It's practically rendered me unable to operate my Garmin resistive touch screen!

It took me twice as long to enter a new address (road trip today) than it normally does, because I'm so used to the sensitivity of the capacitive screen. I'm trying to enter the address going "register the character dammit!!!" LOL
    Why are you still using the Garmin? You can long-press the search button, say "Navigate to XYZ", and Google Navigation will take you there just as well as any standalone GPS.
    04-30-2010 09:39 AM
    Tmwes,

What happens when you get a call? I have a TomTom because I'd rather have my phone doing phone things while driving so I don't miss a turn when talking on the phone.
    04-30-2010 09:41 AM
    For all of you who are having issues with the battery... Where do you sleep at night, and how damn fast do you fall asleep, to not be able to take 5 seconds to plug your phone in?
    04-30-2010 09:50 AM
    For all of you who are having issues with the battery... Where do you sleep at night, and how damn fast do you fall asleep, to not be able to take 5 seconds to plug your phone in?
    In seconds I am asleep, but on my BB I have it set to auto off.

Is there an app/ widget or whatever it's called on the droid platform.
    04-30-2010 10:02 AM
    In seconds I am asleep, but on my BB I have it set to auto off.

Is there an app/ widget or whatever it's called on the droid platform.
    If you're referring to what I think you're referring to, you can't charge your Incredible and have it off. There should be an auto-off/auto-on app out there somewhere...
    04-30-2010 10:03 AM
    I think you may be taking the thread out of context. I can't speak for everyone but it seems that everyone really really likes the phone. The OP asked for honest gripes but that's not t say people are ********.

Cause trust me and Howarmat can probably back me up on this, it was a 100 times worse when Storm1 went live on Crackberry.

yea, perhaps...but still....it hasn't even been a day which tells me the people complaining are probably not happy with any device.
    04-30-2010 10:06 AM
    If you're referring to what I think you're referring to, you can't charge your Incredible and have it off. There should be an auto-off/auto-on app out there somewhere...
    Yeah you guessed it.

Kinda lame.

I heard that in the past. Why is that?
    04-30-2010 10:27 AM
    The one thing I really like about Blackberry is their bedside mode feature. So you can set it that when you plug the phone in, it automatically mutes everything (based on the options you select). Does the Incredible (or Android in general) have a feature like this?
    04-30-2010 11:05 AM
    The one thing I really like about Blackberry is their bedside mode feature. So you can set it that when you plug the phone in, it automatically mutes everything (based on the options you select). Does the Incredible (or Android in general) have a feature like this?
    Click the clock widget. Brings up the Desk Clock. Click the Moon/star button. Dims the screen and buttons. Not sure if it mutes alerts.
    04-30-2010 11:22 AM
    Can't change colors for LED notifications I think...
    04-30-2010 11:27 AM
    Click the clock widget. Brings up the Desk Clock. Click the Moon/star button. Dims the screen and buttons. Not sure if it mutes alerts.
    That would so rock!
    04-30-2010 11:27 AM
    Why are you still using the Garmin? You can long-press the search button, say "Navigate to XYZ", and Google Navigation will take you there just as well as any standalone GPS.
    I don't have a car charger yet - don't want to burn up the battery on a long road trip. Plus - I love my Garmin!

Edit - nice tip though - this is my first smartphone, I wasn't aware of that feature, so it will be handy to have!
    04-30-2010 11:34 AM
    Several gripes...
    I do not have one...I still don't have one...and will not have one until probably July (making it a reward for good deeds I am in the process of doing).....Did I mention yet that I don't have one....
    04-30-2010 11:45 AM
    Several gripes...
    I do not have one...I still don't have one...and will not have one until probably July (making it a reward for good deeds I am in the process of doing).....Did I mention yet that I don't have one....

i feel bad for you
    04-30-2010 11:48 AM
    my gripe is more with htc sense. i purchased the phone, so they obviously aren't deal breaking things...just things that are no brainers for HTC to add/take away.

1. when rearranging icons, it would make sense (ha) for you to not have to delete a shortcut to move a different shortcut to its place. it should cycle to the right or if you're changing what panel the shortcut resides on or dragging a new shortcut to a panel, it should ask if you'd like to remove the shortcut currently in the space you'd like to move the one you're dragging.

2. Along the same lines, you should be able to drag and drop panels when you zoom out, in the same way you would be able to with shortcuts in my "gripe 1.".

3. Too many "built-in" widgets/apps. You should have an HTC gallery to choose which ones you'd like to download and install instead of having them preinstalled.
    04-30-2010 11:55 AM
    gripe? I would say not having full yahoo integration/sync. You can receive your yahoo mail but when you delete, that doesn't sync back to my actual inbox online (as far as i know unless i'm doing something wrong).
    google eris problems with yahoo i had the same problem and it shoes how to set up....did last night and my yahoo mail keeps on coming
    04-30-2010 12:07 PM
    I wish it the camer lense was built-in to the cover like the eris so incase something does happen you can get an extra case
    04-30-2010 12:11 PM
    I hear the screen only rotates one way and not both.
    Can someone confirm this?
    04-30-2010 12:20 PM
    I hear the screen only rotates one way and not both.
    Can someone confirm this?
    the screen only goes horizontal if you rotate the device counter clockwise.
    04-30-2010 12:23 PM
291 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD