05-13-2010 02:58 AM
290 ... 56789 ...
tools
    The two problems that i have had are with battery life with heavy use (second cycle so this could change) and the landscape keyboard, the keyboard covers up the send button for sms messaging and for some reason i cannot get "Enter to send" to work.
    Yeah, this seems to be how landscape mode works with the HTC keyboard on all their Android phones (with sense).

Other than what you mentioned, how's the keyboard in landscape? Does it lag at all compared to portrait mode?
    04-30-2010 11:30 AM
    Other than what you mentioned, how's the keyboard in landscape? Does it lag at all compared to portrait mode?
    i have had no problems with the keyboard, im comming from an iPhone 3g so its a huge improvement. I have not noticed any lag
    04-30-2010 11:33 AM
    I'm seeing a 4.8% battery drain on standby with a few apps running. My e-mail pulls every hour.
    04-30-2010 11:34 AM
    Not sure if this was already said, but its seems to me that the HTC Clock/Weather Widget wont use your GPS to find your location for weather, you have to use the Wireless Networks option, and for some, like me it puts you where ever the closest Cell Tower is...
    04-30-2010 11:56 AM
    They bumped up my October 2010 NE2. You won't have any problem getting it bumped up.
    Just got off the phone with VZW. I was trying to move my NE2 up...He says they couldn't do that. Furthermore, he tells me that the max NE2 is $50?!!? WTF is that? He said they changed it to $30 and $50 a year ago. That's ridiculous...
    04-30-2010 12:28 PM
    Just got off the phone with VZW. I was trying to move my NE2 up...He says they couldn't do that. Furthermore, he tells me that the max NE2 is $50?!!? WTF is that? He said they changed it to $30 and $50 a year ago. That's ridiculous...
    Since when!?
    04-30-2010 12:53 PM
    How much are you trying to move it up? If it's not a ridiculous amount, they should be able to move it up. They moved mine up a month when I got my Tour.

And yeah, they changed it to $25 and $50 a while back, but you might still be eligible for the $100 depending on the last time you upgraded your phone.

Are you the primary account holder on your line? And if so, do you have an expensive plan? If both of those apply you should be able to get an Annual Upgrade for the 2-year contract price.
    04-30-2010 12:59 PM
    How the hell do you get the big red LED bar at the top to blink for notifications? Isn't that the point of the LED on the phone?
    This hasn't worked since I bought the phone and I have everything checked under the 'Sounds & Display/Notification' settings...
    This has been my biggest gripe because I've missed just about every email/missed phone call when I step away for a second. Grrrrrr
    04-30-2010 12:59 PM
    Since when!?
    Sometime last year... Someone posted a specific date/timeframe over on AF's.. Forget, but doesn't matter. What's done is done..
    When my wife upgraded to a new phone last July, the local store somehow bumped me from being the Primary line to secondary even tho I was 14 months into my original NE2. I never knew until last month since when I bought my phone in 2008, the NE2 was still $100.
    I biatched and complained to CSR's over and over and finally a nice one just credited me $100 on my next bill. So, yea sucks I couldn't use it specifically to buy my phone yesterday, but at least I got $100 somehow from VZW
    And everyone (CSR and 4 local stores) all said there's no way to "re-institute" the old $100 NE2.

It's ova hova! $50 is the best you can do from 2009+
    Javier P likes this.
    04-30-2010 01:02 PM
    Gripes / Would like to have
    1. battery life - we will see how subsequent charges run
    2. GSM - would like it to have World Phone capability. It would be nice for Verizon to have this on premium phones, esp smartphones.
    3. Wake up phone from either Power button or trackball.
    4. Voice mail indicator like Mail/Messages (maybe I have missed that)
    5. Better Folder view in Email (Exchange) to show which folders have unread mail.

In general I like the phone very much. I upgraded from a Moto Q9m, so I am getting used to not having the physical k/b, but all the other features I did not have make up for that.

For those with Exchange Issues, I believe the Exchange profile in Android 2.1 works best with Exchange 2007/2010. On the folder issue, I have about 50+ folders to sort out all my email by customer/vendor/functions by using Exchange Rules. When changing folders in the Mail app, you cannot see which folders have new mail to at least alert you of new mail.

M
    04-30-2010 01:02 PM
    Not sure if this was already said, but its seems to me that the HTC Clock/Weather Widget wont use your GPS to find your location for weather, you have to use the Wireless Networks option, and for some, like me it puts you where ever the closest Cell Tower is...
    Make sure your GPS location is turned on, and not on 911 only. 911 only is default. Mine works great!
    04-30-2010 01:14 PM
    Make sure your GPS location is turned on, and not on 911 only. 911 only is default. Mine works great!
    yea, gps works fine, but I think in order for the Weather widget to get your location you have to have the Wireless Networks selected under Location....
    04-30-2010 01:44 PM
    No combined in box.
    04-30-2010 02:01 PM
    Since when!?
    Since 02/2009, Any contract started on or after Feb'09 will have the new $30/$50 NE2, before that it is the $50/$100

Search @ VZN website for the New Every 2
    04-30-2010 02:34 PM
    If you're referring to what I think you're referring to, you can't charge your Incredible and have it off. There should be an auto-off/auto-on app out there somewhere...
    I just testing it and mine worked just fine charging with the phone off?
    04-30-2010 02:43 PM
    Howarmat is it the screen that is off or the phone?
    04-30-2010 02:45 PM
    the phone is powered off, i ran the battery out today golfing and using the nav.
    04-30-2010 03:23 PM
    How the hell do you get the big red LED bar at the top to blink for notifications? Isn't that the point of the LED on the phone?
    This hasn't worked since I bought the phone and I have everything checked under the 'Sounds & Display/Notification' settings...
    This has been my biggest gripe because I've missed just about every email/missed phone call when I step away for a second. Grrrrrr
    Big red LED bar? You mean the earpiece?
    04-30-2010 03:35 PM
    Cool. Maybe HTC added this capability?
    (in response to charging while off)
    04-30-2010 03:35 PM
    Maybe I am blind, but what big red led bar are you referring to? I've been playing with my phone all day and I've yet to see a big red led bar. I do however see a big red speaker like grill which i assume is the covering over the earpiece....is this what you think is an led bar?
    04-30-2010 03:37 PM
    general android gripe, no bt voice dial support.
    this has been open since 2008 with no response from developers, wtf?
    the incredible is incredible though, cant wait for root.
    I haven't been able to figure this one out. I've heard it before, didn't stop me from moving to android, but I don't understand whats broke.

Today I paired the phone with my uconnect system in my car. Its a 2008 dodge so this isn't a "new" system by any means. It paired easier than my storm or curve ever did. I pushed a button, car radio prompted me and I said call work voice mail. It dialed it just fine. Of course I would need to hit some buttons to get into the voice mail, but can't that just be added to the phone with some pauses and such?
    04-30-2010 03:52 PM
    so far my only gripe would be the terrible battery life...other than that its a really nice phone
    04-30-2010 04:13 PM
    Big red LED bar? You mean the earpiece?
    lmao i think that is what he is talking about :o
    04-30-2010 04:20 PM
    lmao i think that is what he is talking about :o
    Yeah..that's funny. @nickacs, the LED is located just above the battery indicator on the top right portion of the screen. It lights up when you plug your phone in.

James
    04-30-2010 04:52 PM
    I haven't been able to figure this one out. I've heard it before, didn't stop me from moving to android, but I don't understand whats broke.

Today I paired the phone with my uconnect system in my car. Its a 2008 dodge so this isn't a "new" system by any means. It paired easier than my storm or curve ever did. I pushed a button, car radio prompted me and I said call work voice mail. It dialed it just fine. Of course I would need to hit some buttons to get into the voice mail, but can't that just be added to the phone with some pauses and such?
    From what I've read the uconnect system works a bit differently, it's all done in dash and then sends commands to the phone (ie: your not using voice prompts on the phone, your using voice prompts through the car that are being passed to the phone). Count yourself lucky to have one of the only working hands free dialing systems in the world.

I believe currently there is only 1 headset that can do hands free dialing (beyond double tap to dial the last call) and it requires an app to function properly.
    04-30-2010 04:53 PM
290 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD