Your biggest GRIPES about the phone?

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
My Inc is really freaking out tonight. I'm just resting, watching a little TV and trying to tap out an email now and then. I set the phone down (still awake) and watch the phone switch home screens on its own -- it always scrolls to the right.

I can barely get through an email because the cursor jumps from the body of the email to the To: field, then down to the subject field, then...well, you get the picture.

The optical joystick seems to have died tonight, too.

I'm going to call VZW in the AM to get this on record. Anyone else with similar problem?
I've got the jumpy screen as well.

Unassisted, it will roll to the right and stay there. Does the same thing with web pages...it will roll by itself to the right and I''ll have to drag it back to the left side of the page where I"d been reading.

Drives me nuts.

I"ve also noticed that on several screens, it'll act as if I'm scrolling through the selections all by itself. No major problem, but something is going on that shouldn't be.

I might just go ahead and reset it tonight and re-install everything one ap at a time to see which, if any application is buggy....

Last edited:

Kitchen42

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody else get lag when scrolling through a sms text convo or just scrolling through certain places that usually have a long list (like calendar events)? Or is lag really not a problem at all for anybody?

steel36

May 5, 2010
Visit site
My biggest gripe is the location of the screen on/off button. I hate having to stretch up there to switch it and then readjust my hand for the unlock and usage.

gburns

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I have some lag on my apps draw/screen. I have to figure out if there is a way to customize that to more efficiently manage apps.

kareden

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Still Evaluating, But...

Don't doubt it man - I'm asking for the worst of the worst. Of course you're going to see negatives here. But honestly none of the negatives here really outweigh the positives for this phone. Go Incredible!

My biggest gripe so far isn't the phone, the 3G bars, or even the battery life (!) but the 2.1 Android operating system itself. It just doesn't seem to be all that intuitive to me and the documentation is lacking. For example, I have had an ipod touch for two years and syncing to my yahoo e-mail accounts on my ipod is seamless. I have read the Android forums and followed the "new and improved" instructions for how to sync my yahoo e-mail accounts and it (sort of) works for two accounts, but not for my two others.

Also, HTC/Verizon/Google/Whoever have a lot to learn about pushing updates in a timely manner to all Droid owners. I was going to get the Droid Eris last year until I found out the operating system was 1.5/1.6. I decided to wait for a smartphone with at least a 2.0/2.1 Android system and I am very glad I did. I sprung for the Incredible and Droid Eris owners are still waiting for an update - which makes no sense to me.

Anyway, even if updates continue to lag, I am reasonably happy with the advantages of 2.1, although there is a bit of a learning curve. But I think Google/Verizon would do themselves a favor by effectively communicating the advantages of Android 2.1 compared to Apple's ipod touch/iphone operating system.

kareden

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Screen Timeout Solved

Agree too.. I hate that it turns off after like 10secs?? Maybe there's a setting somewhere in the bowels of the phone to make it longer?

My only "gripe" so far is that the screen is too sensitive for me! When scrolling through apps or something, it seems everytime I put down the side of my index finger to scroll, the item is selected and opens... Grrrrr...

Other than that, it's been great so far!! Full frontal screen is an absolute necessity. Greasy fingers and ear "goobage" when holding to your ear is wreaking havoc on mine. I've still got the factory protector on and thinking of actually leave it on for a week or so until SPG full front screen protectors are ready.

Maybe you got your question on timeouts answered already, but just in case...

You can alter the screen timeout setting by going to <Menu> <Settings> <Sound & Display> then scroll down to <Screen timeout>. When you tap that, you will get a drop down menu showing several timeout choices ranging from 15 seconds to 30 minutes.

bobstudent3

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
My biggest gripe is the location of the screen on/off button. I hate having to stretch up there to switch it and then readjust my hand for the unlock and usage.

The on/off button bugs me for a different reason. It's nearly impossible to shut down the phone and take off the back cover without accidentally turning the phone back on again before you get the back cover off.

Of course, this wouldn't be as much of a problem if the battery wasn't running down so quickly. I have the Seidio 1750mAh battery and the original OEM as a spare. Every once in a while, I've had to swap batteries after heavy usage.

The 4 touch sensitive buttons also get accidentally pressed a lot, especially when I'm trying to demo the phone to somebody who isn't used to it. It's embarrassing when you've handed them the phone, they're looking at a cool app, and suddenly, they phone pops back to the home screen or the search window takes over.

I know people like the form factor, but personally, I'd rather have real buttons with some resistance. I actually wanted the HTC Desire, but Verizon chose to have touch sensitive buttons instead.

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site

i usually hold my phone with my right hand as if im about to text and then jab my leg with it which pushes the button. haha. i kinda like it and think its funny. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo