Your biggest GRIPES about the phone?

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
So the biggest problem I've been reading is that the screen is horrible outdoors. Is this true, and is there a fix for it (like turning the brightness up/down, etc)?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
So the biggest problem I've been reading is that the screen is horrible outdoors. Is this true, and is there a fix for it (like turning the brightness up/down, etc)?

I don't think it's any worse than my Motorola Droid was. I could see it just fine on the rare sunny day we had in Seattle yesterday.

anon(18935)

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
only gripes so far was no Picasa in the gallery (fixed by a download from xda), and the red earpiece has already gathered pocket lint that I can't remove.

I'm going to give it a week or two before I complain about the battery...but even still, it seems OK to me.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
lack of push twitter, hotmail and other notifications

having to press the top lock button every time to see the screen (probably a fix for this)

screen in any sun is about useless as expected

contact sync with outlook worked but it changed some contacts and now syncing with my BB causes some conflicts lol

I thought that was you on CB that paid full retail!:)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it's any worse than my Motorola Droid was. I could see it just fine on the rare sunny day we had in Seattle yesterday.

Heck my 8330 blackberry was hardly legible outside.
If I can get 8 am to 9pm battery life I would be more than impressed.

Heck even my wife's enV Touch doesn't last a day....

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Lol. Hopefully you will soon enough.

P.S. - it's great to see all you guys joining us from Crackberry :D

I'm probably going to get one asap but I have a feeling by the time I leave the office I'll be SOL until they are restocked, just in case I'll slip into best buy today and see if I can pick one up.

Aaron1017

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Cons so far:
1. The notification LED at the top is so recessed its USELESS. You can only see the dim light if you are right next to the phone looking at the screen within a 30 degree angle.

2. The rear speaker output hole is on the back of the phone only. While it is on the 2nd level on the back of the phones 3 levels and won't get muted on a flat, hard surface.... placing the phone on a bed or any sort of cloth DRASTICALLY reduces the speaker volume. There should be a hole somewhere on the side as well.

3. Had to download a 0.99 cent app to get the same level of customization my Blackberry Curve had for Sound Profiles (sms, mms, email, ringtone, etc). It was a pain to get the purchased app and system app to co-exist easily (Probably wouldn't need to purchase the app on a rooted phone... not sure)

Limjelo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

Honestly, I don't get this gripe. I have yet to run across a phone that is great outdoors in direct sunlight. My Storm sucked as well. Honestly, how often do you stand in the middle of a park in direct sunlight and surf the web or reply to an email?

But that's just me...

BoNg420

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm not a big fan of the stock keyboard - I prefer the Droid's stock keyboard personally

You might be able to buy the program better keyboard off the market. I think thats more like the droids keyboard, but you can also get skins for it. Maybe once the phone is rooted you could get the droid's keyboard on there.

Anyone try to install VoiceSearchWithKeyboard.apk? It might not let you install.

FIGGY1682#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
to me the face book app is better for the bb but im sure theres something im missing that i dont get my notifications as they come.

the next one is syncing music to it. i wish there was like a a way to sync with a playlist off of itunes. i got to drag and drop each file to the phone when in i tunes its all orginized already.

last thing is i can put custom tones for my sms/mms/emails or the alarm clock. i sleep heavy so i got to have my custom tone for the alarm. i can live with out it for my sms and stuff but not the alarm.

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Cons so far:
1. The notification LED at the top is so recessed its USELESS. You can only see the dim light if you are right next to the phone looking at the screen within a 30 degree angle.

2. The rear speaker output hole is on the back of the phone only. While it is on the 2nd level on the back of the phones 3 levels and won't get muted on a flat, hard surface.... placing the phone on a bed or any sort of cloth DRASTICALLY reduces the speaker volume. There should be a hole somewhere on the side as well.

3. Had to download a 0.99 cent app to get the same level of customization my Blackberry Curve had for Sound Profiles (sms, mms, email, ringtone, etc). It was a pain to get the purchased app and system app to co-exist easily (Probably wouldn't need to purchase the app on a rooted phone... not sure)
agreed i forgot to add that to my list....WTF google. lame

AJFSTORM

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Having to press the top lock button every time to see the screen and then swipe to unlock
I'm having issues with it playing music in my car using Bluetooth
I used to have an extra battery to use with my Storm, and I'd like to do the same with the Inc. but the back cover doesn't feel like it can stand up to taking on and off every day. (The Storm battery cover was made to take this kind of wear and tear because battery pulls were a part of it's design LOL... NOT)

Minor gripes which I think can be changed, fixed or overlooked. Otherwise I LOVE this phone.

vikingjunior

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Having to press the top lock button every time to see the screen and then swipe to unlock
I'm having issues with it playing music in my car using Bluetooth
I used to have an extra battery to use with my Storm, and I'd like to do the same with the Inc. but the back cover doesn't feel like it can stand up to taking on and off every day. (The Storm battery cover was made to take this kind of wear and tear because battery pulls were a part of it's design LOL... NOT)

Minor gripes which I think can be changed, fixed or overlooked. Otherwise I LOVE this phone.

Which button would be easier to accidentally be pressed while in your pocket? If it's the bottom buttons or wheel then I would say they designed it correctly. Hate to say it but I think Apple got it right with it's recessed middle button which can be pressed to wake up screen.