Your biggest GRIPES about the phone?

lcsglvr

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I am coming over from Crackberry. I just ordered it online last night. Right in time before they sold out online! Anyway, should have it by tomorrow. Can't wait!

They say the first time you experience android & sense UI, it's amazing. I am wishing for it to be amazing. Tired of blackberry's "familiar" [to users who used BB in the 80s] OS.

kmully

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I am really concerned about the back cover breaking. Plastic clips all around the entire phone, especially around the charging port, make it difficult to remove. I removed it twice today -- once to put the battery in, once to swap in my 8GB card from my Storm -- and thought I was surely going to break one of the clips. Doesn't seemed designed to be constantly opened up. I think if in the future I buy a battery from VZW I will have tech support at the store install it... that way if they break it, they buy me a new cover.

Other than that the battery did seem to drain a bit faster than my Storm 1, but I'm willing to sacrifice a bit of battery for the amazing speed. Seriously, the web browser is amazing. It blows away my Storm, and I had co-workers at work (who ALL have iPhones) drooling at how fast pages were loading/rendering.

Other than that, just not knowing the phone or the OS. Learning curve with customization and figuring out how to maximize battery life.

makya53

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
After using this phone for the past few days it is the ****. The battery is less than desired. I will have my siedio 1750 for the eris tomorrow, so I will let you know if thats any better. I hope it adds some weight to the phone. Otterbox better get on this wagon soon.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way with the stock SMS/Android vs. Handcent/Chomp to make it so the same SMS from the same sender isn't all lumped together in a single "conversation" thread?

Coming from my BBPearl, say 'Joe' sends me 3 SMS's, they are 3 separate SMS's that I can read/delete individually. But with the DI (and yes this is my first day with it, I know DI noob!), is there any way or another SMS app to make all the SMS's even from the same sender separate like on BB's?

Not a deal breaker, but I get lots of SMS's from people that I either delete or keep, and with now a long "thread" SMS conversation all bunched together, I don't want to say delete or save the whole thing.

Thanks!

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
No gripes so far. Nice phone. To those that talk about it feeling cheap.....there's a definate difference between feeling cheap (Pre) and Light. This phone is super lightweight. I must admit I do like the feel of it better with the crappy case I bought at VZW on it. Can't wait for some quality stuff to come out for this little gem. Now back to playing with it I go!

Bundy#AC

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way with the stock SMS/Android vs. Handcent/Chomp to make it so the same SMS from the same sender isn't all lumped together in a single "conversation" thread?

Coming from my BBPearl, say 'Joe' sends me 3 SMS's, they are 3 separate SMS's that I can read/delete individually. But with the DI (and yes this is my first day with it, I know DI noob!), is there any way or another SMS app to make all the SMS's even from the same sender separate like on BB's?

Not a deal breaker, but I get lots of SMS's from people that I either delete or keep, and with now a long "thread" SMS conversation all bunched together, I don't want to say delete or save the whole thing.

Thanks!

I think even BlackBerry is moving in the threaded message style. That's how it worked on my Storm.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
No gripes so far. Nice phone. To those that talk about it feeling cheap.....there's a definate difference between feeling cheap (Pre) and Light. This phone is super lightweight. I must admit I do like the feel of it better with the crappy case I bought at VZW on it. Can't wait for some quality stuff to come out for this little gem. Now back to playing with it I go!

Same here... I bought the black "jelly" checked look case even though I wasn't sure if it was going to be any good, but I actually like it. Gives a tad more weight to the phone and feels good in the hand.
The VZW screen protectors, well that's another story. I'm going to return them tomorrow. With just the factory protector, there's prints/"goobage" all over the screen. So, I'll need a full front protector soon!

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

Thanks!
like stated its threaded SMS. It the way all platforms do it. Its better, give it time but much better than the old BB way

elamb23

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
How do they work? Rarely... I've only had intermittent notification. Even BB had their issues. It seemed on BB that I received 60-70% of the notifications. With Android, I've only received a couple so it's probably at about 10-20%.

However, the rest of the phone clearly makes up for me having to review Facebook notifications manually within the App...

The facebook not giving updates does bother me, it only updates every half hour. Also not in love with the integration with my yahoo mail either. I like to be able to delete a email on my phone but keep it on my account. You cant so far.
Other than that I love the phone, damn keyboard is amazing compared to my storm and the internet/app tasking speed is blazing fast.
Also I was skeptical but need a case bad so I bought the body glove and love it ..not otter box rugged but very rugged.

Last edited:

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I only have two gripes during half a day of exploring...

Just can't get my work exchange account to setup properly. I hope it's a configuration thing on my corporate side and they can address it. Otherwise I'll be bummed.

One of the apps I was most looking forward to downloading was an LED flashlight. There was a BB one, but it wasn't free. My friends with Moto Droids had them for free and I was jealous...so far, I still am!

Steve in CT

VKitty

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site

Coming from my BBPearl, say 'Joe' sends me 3 SMS's, they are 3 separate SMS's that I can read/delete individually.

I get lots of SMS's from people that I either delete or keep, and with now a long "thread" SMS conversation all bunched together, I don't want to say delete or save the whole thing.

My friend was looking over my shoulder as I was reading, and she started laughing. I asked her why she was laughing, and she said she gets the best of both worlds. When I ask what do you mean she showed me.

Apparently on her Palm Pre[Plus] she has a single conversation thread, but can swipe(delete) a single message, so she can keep only the received messages she wants, but still have them in one single thread.

like stated its threaded SMS. It the way all platforms do it.

Nope, Palm Pre[Plus] can have both.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
mine is at 4% after 22 hours

and you can get an extended battery....there is a thread in here with the links

Dude both here and on CB you are brutally honest.....totally respect that bro.

You make me feel like I made the right choice, I mean I know I did, but battery life is always an issue but heck what phone gets great life anymore except BB's and my curve gets a few hrs but if I open an app and forget to close it, it takes forever.

I am guessing that everyone with this device that nobody is closing apps and that is why battery life is low?

droidrob3

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

Thanks!

You can delete a single SMS by pressing and holding it until a menu pops up with different options including one to delete.

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Dude both here and on CB you are brutally honest.....totally respect that bro.

You make me feel like I made the right choice, I mean I know I did, but battery life is always an issue but heck what phone gets great life anymore except BB's and my curve gets a few hrs but if I open an app and forget to close it, it takes forever.

I am guessing that everyone with this device that nobody is closing apps and that is why battery life is low?
android does multasking different so closing apps isnt 'needed' per say and many dont have the close option. The one thing i didnt like about the batter is that i felt it actually lost alot last night while i was sleeping.

my storm 2 dropped 5% over about 6 hours while the DI dropped about more than that i feel. It also appeard it went to sleep (not sure about that) but it seems to wake up. we will see in the morning.

obviously it needs more time to say how good battery life is. i used my storm much more than the DI today today too probably 75 storm 25 DI.

I plan to use a GPS Golf app tomorrow so i will see how the battery fairs doing that :)