Your biggest GRIPES about the phone?

dgalanter

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I would like to click the optical pad when locked to allow me to turn on the screen and swipe it unlocked. That should be an option. Just saying. :)

an_icon

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody know how to take off app you dont ues and also how abour folders?, I also miss HIDE function of my BB, I too am from CrackBerry.

sum spicy rice

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody know how to take off app you dont ues and also how abour folders?, I also miss HIDE function of my BB, I too am from CrackBerry.

to delete an app you go to

Menu>Settings> Applications and then there should be an option to see the app list and to delete the ones you dont want (sorry dont have my phone with me right now to tell you the exact pathway)

for folders.. not so sure.. never created a folder. to add a folder i know you click the + button on the screen at the bottom right and create a folder..

for file managing.. the app "ASTRO file manager" is good and recommended to me by one of the moderators and works well for file managing

esmail

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Cons so far:
1. The notification LED at the top is so recessed its USELESS. You can only see the dim light if you are right next to the phone looking at the screen within a 30 degree angle.

Agreed. The glowing trackball on the Eris was a very nice touch. Not sure I miss the mechanical trackball, but it would be nice to view silent alerts more easily on this phone.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
My biggest gripe? It's practically rendered me unable to operate my Garmin resistive touch screen! :p

It took me twice as long to enter a new address (road trip today) than it normally does, because I'm so used to the sensitivity of the capacitive screen. I'm trying to enter the address going "register the character dammit!!!" LOL

bubbabeatz

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
For me I would say the battery.. it needs a much stronger battery.. because the phone is so addictive.. it gets used a lot and the battery should be much stronger. hopefully the extended battery will be amazing :)

i think ill be ordering one also, just not sure which one the 1750 or the over 3000 (wonder how much bigger it makes the phone)

anon(18935)

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
My biggest gripe? It's practically rendered me unable to operate my Garmin resistive touch screen! :p

It took me twice as long to enter a new address (road trip today) than it normally does, because I'm so used to the sensitivity of the capacitive screen. I'm trying to enter the address going "register the character dammit!!!" LOL

Why are you still using the Garmin? You can long-press the search button, say "Navigate to XYZ", and Google Navigation will take you there just as well as any standalone GPS.

dgalanter

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Tmwes,

What happens when you get a call? I have a TomTom because I'd rather have my phone doing phone things while driving so I don't miss a turn when talking on the phone.

anon(7436)

Jan 13, 2010
twitter.com
For all of you who are having issues with the battery... Where do you sleep at night, and how damn fast do you fall asleep, to not be able to take 5 seconds to plug your phone in? :p

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
For all of you who are having issues with the battery... Where do you sleep at night, and how damn fast do you fall asleep, to not be able to take 5 seconds to plug your phone in? :p

In seconds I am asleep, but on my BB I have it set to auto off.

Is there an app/ widget or whatever it's called :confused: on the droid platform.

anon(7436)

Jan 13, 2010
twitter.com
In seconds I am asleep, but on my BB I have it set to auto off.

Is there an app/ widget or whatever it's called :confused: on the droid platform.

If you're referring to what I think you're referring to, you can't charge your Incredible and have it off. There should be an auto-off/auto-on app out there somewhere...

Limjelo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I think you may be taking the thread out of context. I can't speak for everyone but it seems that everyone really really likes the phone. The OP asked for honest gripes but that's not t say people are bitching.

Cause trust me and Howarmat can probably back me up on this, it was a 100 times worse when Storm1 went live on Crackberry.

yea, perhaps...but still....it hasn't even been a day which tells me the people complaining are probably not happy with any device.

Last edited:

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
The one thing I really like about Blackberry is their bedside mode feature. So you can set it that when you plug the phone in, it automatically mutes everything (based on the options you select). Does the Incredible (or Android in general) have a feature like this?

dgalanter

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The one thing I really like about Blackberry is their bedside mode feature. So you can set it that when you plug the phone in, it automatically mutes everything (based on the options you select). Does the Incredible (or Android in general) have a feature like this?

Click the clock widget. Brings up the Desk Clock. Click the Moon/star button. Dims the screen and buttons. Not sure if it mutes alerts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois