Your biggest GRIPES about the phone?

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I cant use exchange because the security my company uses is not supported.

I thought the same thing at my office. Ended up not being a security issue but rather a Exchange 2003 software update issue enabling Activesync. Make sure you have the Exchange software updated to include Activesync and then try it. I know that on the standard install on Exchange 2003 it does not automatically install Activesync so you have to add it. Once I did that, everything worked like a champ.

Bryan

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
No major gripes so far. Minor gripe would be when I open a corporate email, I only get a reply and reply all buttons. I would like to have a delete button to make it easy and simple to delete the email after opening it.

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
RECEPTION!!!!! That is my BIGGEST gripe. Reception SUCKS!!

If you are looking at the signal strength meter at the top of the screen, I would agree that the signal strength does stink. But it has been documented that the meter at the top of the screen isn't accurate. If you go into settings, about phone, network and look at the signal strenght there, it is consistently better than my Moto Droid. Remember the lower numbers are better ie. -80dbm is better than -90dbm. Another not so scientific test for me is at my office, we are almost underground. I could NOT use my Moto Droid sitting at my desk to browse the internet. I could NOT carry on a phone conversation at my desk. I had to walk to the front door to carry on a conversation. With my Inc. I can browse AND talk on the phone at my desk!

Bryan

djcpe

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 and The Incredible

I posted a thread yesterday, but unfortunately there were no replies... Maybe a gripe, will have more success?

Is it possible to sync The Incredible with a Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 to get e-mails, contacts, and calendar events? My company is using this 14 year old software still and it may have limitations.

If not, perhaps there's a workaround? Thanks!

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Another minor gripe would be when sending text messages, you have to basically minimize the screen and then click the send button. Would be nice to have the send button on the same screen that you type on so you wouldn't have to have the extra button to push.

Update: You can see a little bit of the Send button holding the phone in Portriat mode. In landscape mode you have to minimize the keyboard to see the send button.

Last edited:

The Bear

May 4, 2010
Visit site
No crap...funny story, 1 day after activating my DI I got an email saying I could finally sign up. I was like wtf??

LMFAO, me too! I turned on my phone Friday morning and said WTF, my wife said, "what", I said, "of course, I get the SocialScope app the day after i get the incredible"; she laughed!

I hope that they get this battery life issue solved or I as much as I hate to say it, because I live the INC, I will have to go back to my Storm 2, I cant have a phone for work that doesnt even last 8 hours. I thought the Storm battery sucked......

bearmacerick

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I can't download MMS pictures. I get an error that says I need an SD card... anybody know anything about this? I plan on getting an SD card soon, but I was planning on using the internal memory for a while... that's one of my favorite features about the incredible. I hope this is a simple setting I have to change...

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
My Inc is really freaking out tonight. I'm just resting, watching a little TV and trying to tap out an email now and then. I set the phone down (still awake) and watch the phone switch home screens on its own -- it always scrolls to the right.

I can barely get through an email because the cursor jumps from the body of the email to the To: field, then down to the subject field, then...well, you get the picture.

The optical joystick seems to have died tonight, too.

I'm going to call VZW in the AM to get this on record. Anyone else with similar problem?

homsie

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
No major gripes so far. Minor gripe would be when I open a corporate email, I only get a reply and reply all buttons. I would like to have a delete button to make it easy and simple to delete the email after opening it.

Yeah, it would have been nice if they got rid of the up/down arrows (previous, next email) added a delete button, and supported swiping left or right for previous or next email. It's an extra step, but all you have to do is hit menu while reading an email, then delete.

homsie

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
@shogun8218

2. Contact Search/Management: 2 separate HTC apps to manage contacts:
-People: Can add contacts but not search for them - have to scroll down.
-Search People: Can search through contacts but not add them.
If you want to be really technical, the phone keypad allows you to do both - so that would make 3 different applications to interface with contacts.

From within the People application, you can just hit the search button (magnifying glass) and it'll search contacts. If you want to go back to the people, hit the escape key (left curved arrow). The search people application is just another way to customize your phone if you want quick access to searching contacts.

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
a couple of problems...

Last week, while out to dinner, I wanted to capture some movies of my son. the Video camera would NOT record no matter what I did. The still camera would not snap a picture either. After we got home, I decided to play and see... they worked!!! Is this a Potential bug?

On Sunday night when I got home from my golf trip, I sat on the sofa and watched the end of the hockey game. Later, when I picked up my incredible and went to use it... it kept scrolling from pane to pane on the home screens.. by it self! attempts to click/tap an icon, to using the home button, etc all failed. I had to turn it off, then back on to fix.

In the web browser, I was trying to post a comment on a photo on facebook's web site... after typing the comment, and tapping the post button, nothing happened.. Again, I had to power off/on to fix.

anon(18935)

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Found a major gripe, but I concur that it will not affect everybody.

With the Droid, I had it hard wired into my car stereo via an AUX jack. When I was on the phone, I heard audio over the speakers, and the caller heard me via the Droid's microphone.

Not only does the Incredible's microphone appear to be not as good as the Droids (according to my wife, that is), but it appears to be disabled when something is plugged into the headphone jack...rendering the above scenario useless.

Also, the speaker on the Incredible is nowhere near as good as the Droid, at least in the car.

Not the end of the world; I suppose I'll just take the old Jawbone out of my desk drawer and start using it again.

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
My only gripe thus far is the earpiece is too loud and I can't turn it down. I thought it was the "up/down" bug I saw somewhere here before, but it doesn't seem to me. It only goes down so far and then stops....obviously you don't want to mute that, but I've found myself actually holding the phone a little bit away from my ear.

Its minor annoyance at best. But still you don't want everyone hearing your conversation, right?

sum spicy rice

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
My Inc is really freaking out tonight. I'm just resting, watching a little TV and trying to tap out an email now and then. I set the phone down (still awake) and watch the phone switch home screens on its own -- it always scrolls to the right.

I can barely get through an email because the cursor jumps from the body of the email to the To: field, then down to the subject field, then...well, you get the picture.

The optical joystick seems to have died tonight, too.

I'm going to call VZW in the AM to get this on record. Anyone else with similar problem?

wow let us know what happens!

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
After e-mailing Verizon to ask when my annual upgrade date would be, the customer service rep - without me even asking it - moved my upgrade date to today! Talk about great customer service. I now plan to join the ranks of Droid Incredible users. Hopefully I won't have many gripes! ;)

sum spicy rice

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
After e-mailing Verizon to ask when my annual upgrade date would be, the customer service rep - without me even asking it - moved my upgrade date to today! Talk about great customer service. I now plan to join the ranks of Droid Incredible users. Hopefully I won't have many gripes! ;)

Wow you're the one that started this long thread and you don't even own the phone! Glad you could upgrade! Welcome to the club :D

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Wow you're the one that started this long thread and you don't even own the phone! Glad you could upgrade! Welcome to the club :D

Haha yeah, I started it because originally my upgrade was in July before they moved it to today, so I wanted to get a feel for any gripes people had about it before I bought it. I didn't expect the thread to turn into the behemoth that it did! :p

That being said, most of the gripes are just general issues and nothing that's really dissuading me from getting the phone. I look forward to having this puppy in my hands in the next few days. :D