Different locking screen?

sum spicy rice

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I've seen motorola droids have them.. the lock screen where there are like 9 dots and you create a pattern to unlock it. does the incredible have a feature? is it an app? or does the phone have to be rooted?

DJW247

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
settings---security---select unlock pattern.
I am using exchange/activesync, which appears to force security with a passowrd. I would prefer to use the pattern lock in lieu of having to key in a password. The only option in the SECURITY menu is "Change unlock password". Any guidance in this area would be appreciated.

ryujin

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I am using exchange/activesync, which appears to force security with a passowrd. I would prefer to use the pattern lock in lieu of having to key in a password. The only option in the SECURITY menu is "Change unlock password". Any guidance in this area would be appreciated.

this will have to be an administrator issue with your network if this applies to you.
for some reason exchange seems to "sense" when you lockout and it assumes your attempting to sign back in to the network for connectivity, thus asks for password each time.

if this is your issue, you need to talk with your admin guy to see if this can be adjusted or not. most may not due to security issues in place for the comany.

if this is not your issue, then disregard...lol

markhunsaker

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
What I wish is that the pattern lock would replace the down slider from the Sense UI. I downloaded a program called LockBot that replaces it with different types of lock screens, but it was a tad glitchy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles