Post Your Camera Pictures <<<<< HERE

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
it really depends on the photo itself - I'll often try several various effects and frames before I settle on one to save

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Since it seems to be Cell Phone Nostalgia day on a few threads here and on other news sites as well… I thought I’d share. I found a treasure trove while looking for my old Handspring. Definitely not a complete inventory, but … <snif> … I’m sorry… I’m welling up again…

4775085565_37c05857c4.jpg

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Since it seems to be Cell Phone Nostalgia day on a few threads here and on other news sites as well? I thought I?d share. I found a treasure trove while looking for my old Handspring. Definitely not a complete inventory, but ? <snif> ? I?m sorry? I?m welling up again?

4775085565_37c05857c4.jpg

Wow you brought me back......WOW

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Wow you brought me back......WOW

The Silver Moto Timeport candy bar, between the two Nokia's, is an early tri-band GSM from Telecom Itala. It would work here and in Europe. I bought it for 500,000 lira w/ a prepaid SIM in it. I clearly remember sitting in the hotel trying to remember the standard Moto interface to switch the phone from Italian to English. If I remember correctly, my boss, who I was traveling with at the time, and I celebrated at the Hotel Roof Bar. Good times.

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
The Silver Moto Timeport candy bar, between the two Nokia's, is an early tri-band GSM from Telecom Itala. It would work here and in Europe. I bought it for 500,000 lira w/ a prepaid SIM in it. I clearly remember sitting in the hotel trying to remember the standard Moto interface to switch the phone from Italian to English. If I remember correctly, my boss, who I was traveling with at the time, and I celebrated at the Hotel Roof Bar. Good times.

I had 4 of the phones you photographed, The Startac was the one that got me chuckling, I remember it had enough flex that if you holstered it the wrong way, the battery would fall off. And the Blue Nokia....man that phone took a beating. :D

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I had 4 of the phones you photographed, The Startac was the one that got me chuckling, I remember it had enough flex that if you holstered it the wrong way, the battery would fall off. And the Blue Nokia....man that phone took a beating. :D

I loved the StarTac, I had it for so long that when I was commuting to Atlanta on a regular basis, Bell Atl/VZW called me and said you can upgrade to any phone we have FREE. I was killing them in analog roaming charges that were no charge to me on my plan. ;) The two Nokia’s pictured, the Silver one I got from Nokia Labs and put it on VZ’s network, the blue one was a Cingular phone, I had another VZ Nokia in the mix as well, and I’ve always wondered who at Nokia pissed off who at Verizon that they get no love. I would not want one of their Symbian phones today, but Damm, those Nokia’s could hold on to the network back in the day.

Besides the StarTac and the Blue Nokia, which were the other two phones?

Last edited:

silentbobdrummer

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Since we're talking about nostalgia, here is a picture of the stereo receiver that is currently hooked up to my computer. It was my dad's and its from 1976 and still works like brand new.

P.S. I'm still surprise how well the LED flash works on this phone.

4776084786_d4d68d89b0.jpg

Last edited:

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Since we're talking about nostalgia, here is a picture of the stereo receiver that is currently hooked up to my computer. It was my dad's and its from 1976 and still works like brand new.

P.S. I'm still surprise how well the LED flash works on this phone.

4776084786_d4d68d89b0.jpg

Nice! Akai was the schiznit back in the day. I never owned one, but I wanted to.

silentbobdrummer

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Nice! Akai was the schiznit back in the day. I never owned one, but I wanted to.

Yeah this thing has been awesome. Been using it for the past 7 years. Found it at my parents house before I left for college. I have it on the floor now cause its so heavy that I'm almost afraid it will break the bottom shelf of my computer desk. That and its a pain in the ass to move around. But its has good quality and power.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
OK so digging through the box. The Origional TIM SIM that came with the Timeport, I never opened it!

4776196810_54ef31a985.jpg

4776198784_e6cb98b610_b.jpg

Wonder if the minutes are still good?

Last edited:

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I loved the StarTac, I had it for so long that when I was commuting to Atlanta on a regular basis, Bell Atl/VZW called me and said you can upgrade to any phone we have FREE. I was killing them in analog roaming charges that were no charge to me on my plan. ;) The two Nokia?s pictured, the Silver one I got from Nokia Labs and put it on VZ?s network, the blue one was a Cingular phone, I had another VZ Nokia in the mix as well, and I?ve always wondered who at Nokia pissed off who at Verizon that they get no love. I would not want one of their Symbian phones today, but Damm, those Nokia?s could hold on to the network back in the day.

Besides the StarTac and the Blue Nokia, which were the other tow phones?

Thats funny....I used MCI back in the day, Verizon resold their network through them, so I got Verizon service with MCI rates which saved me some money. I also had the Palm Treo on the far right, and that Motorola on the bottom, which I am thinking I got before the Startac. Man, it's been a long time :D

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Thats funny....I used MCI back in the day, Verizon resold their network through them, so I got Verizon service with MCI rates which saved me some money. I also had the Palm Treo on the far right, and that Motorola on the bottom, which I am thinking I got before the Startac. Man, it's been a long time :D

The Moto on the bottom is a Piper, successor to the Flip. I got that after the "Brick." It?s most definitely Pre StarTac.

Hell, now that I think about it I guess after my Moto/Nokia/Treo runs I'm a serial Fanboy! <hanging head in shame>

Good news for HTC for the next few years I guess. ;)

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site

Oh god the Startac I remember when that was THE phone to have, little dinky pull out antenna that nobody ever pulled out. Wonderful phone served me well for several years. I probably replaced the battery three times on it lol. Man that's been a long time ago!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Oh god the Startac I remember when that was THE phone to have, little dinky pull out antenna that nobody ever pulled out. Wonderful phone served me well for several years. I probably replaced the battery three times on it lol. Man that's been a long time ago!

Funny thing is that w/ Both StarTac's, the black and the silver Timeport StarTac, I still have the original OEM holsters and I used them both daily for years. They never broke. When I think about what I've spent on my DInc in accessories, I get misty again... for the wrong reasons.

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Let's take a trip further down memory lane....did you guys use pagers before cell phones? I remember starting with a simple beeper, then one that sent full messages...you called a number and got an operator who typed the message and sent it. Then there was the one that you could send standard responses back to another pager followed by the huge pagers with keyboards....heh heh heh then came the blackberry 850. That's when the cell phone plans became affordable. Am I dating us? Lol

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Let's take a trip further down memory lane....did you guys use pagers before cell phones? I remember starting with a simple beeper, then one that sent full messages...you called a number and got an operator who typed the message and sent it. Then there was the one that you could send standard responses back to another pager followed by the huge pagers with keyboards....heh heh heh then came the blackberry 850. That's when the cell phone plans became affordable. Am I dating us? Lol

I remember those days -- driving down the street, get beeped, had to pull over to use a pay phone (since cell phone plans weren't quite yet priced out for the mass market)! LOL

I remember those pagers - especially the "alpha numeric" pagers you describe. I was in my early college days back then & was one of those emergency exchange operators that paged on-call doctors. We loved it cuz we no longer had to talk to those ego maniacs in order to deliver an emergency message. :)

I'm so glad that beepers became obsolete.