I saw in the PhoneArena review that you can play video pretty well on the Incredible. Well maybe it's just me, but I can't find a video player anywhere on this thing. Do I need to download an app in order to play video? Or am I just missing it?
    04-29-2010 08:43 PM
    I saw in the PhoneArena review that you can play video pretty well on the Incredible. Well maybe it's just me, but I can't find a video player anywhere on this thing. Do I need to download an app in order to play video? Or am I just missing it?
    When you have a proper video file on your SD card, the video will show in the Photo Gallery listing. You select the video to play it.
    04-29-2010 09:05 PM
    Thanks shh. I've got the Incredible to recognize the video, unfortunately it doesn't seem to actually be playing it. The audio comes through fine, but the video doesn't show up. It's all blank.

So far I've tried a few different encoding methods. Handbrake for some reason isn't displaying video at all when using h264 and doesn't even display video in Windows Media Player. I've tried the x264 encoder by it's lonesome and that worked, albeit not in the best quality (nor did it seem adjustable, setting it to lossless did nothing?) but it was sans audio and I don't see any command line switches to change that.

I'm a bit lost as far as what to do now. It would be nice if there were a simple solution to convert your avi files to something Incredible compatible, but this sounds like it's going to be a headache. I've also tried Miro using the Nexus One preset, and it worked, but was missing frames, poor quality, and used low bitrate audio conversion to boot.
    04-30-2010 07:20 PM
    Thanks shh. I've got the Incredible to recognize the video, unfortunately it doesn't seem to actually be playing it. The audio comes through fine, but the video doesn't show up. It's all blank.

So far I've tried a few different encoding methods. Handbrake for some reason isn't displaying video at all when using h264 and doesn't even display video in Windows Media Player. I've tried the x264 encoder by it's lonesome and that worked, albeit not in the best quality (nor did it seem adjustable, setting it to lossless did nothing?) but it was sans audio and I don't see any command line switches to change that.

I'm a bit lost as far as what to do now. It would be nice if there were a simple solution to convert your avi files to something Incredible compatible, but this sounds like it's going to be a headache. I've also tried Miro using the Nexus One preset, and it worked, but was missing frames, poor quality, and used low bitrate audio conversion to boot.
    I use Any DVD Converter Pro. It has a multitude of presets but the one for Nexus One is perfect for the INC.It uses the h264 codec, 800x480, etc. I'm not sure but I think you can try the software for 30 days for free. If you can then you can see all the settings used for the N1.
    04-30-2010 08:07 PM
    What format is it converted in? MP4?
    04-30-2010 09:43 PM
    I tried Any DVD Converter and it worked, however I realized now that the video I was viewing actually runs at 60fps, which that couldn't handle. I remembered purchasing a program a while back called Pavtube Video Converter, and that took care of it no problem. This is wonderful.

Now if only I could remember the email I used to get the full version again
    04-30-2010 10:14 PM
    What folder do you put the video in on your SD card? Thanks.
    04-30-2010 10:36 PM
    Kitchen I just created a "Video" folder on the phone memory itself, I didn't try the SD card yet but you could try it.
    04-30-2010 10:56 PM
    A folder named "Video" right in the disk or within another folder?

Sorry i tried but didn't get it to work in the phone memory or in the SD card. I probably did it wrong. Is there something you do to get the phone to scan for vids? Sorry i'm a noob lol.
    04-30-2010 11:25 PM
    Yeah, just a folder named Video in the root of the phones memory. When you plug the phone in, select the third option I think (disk drive) - when the window pops up open it like a folder and you should see a bunch of folders inside such as DCIM that has pictures, etc. Create a new folder titled, "Video", and copy your videos to it. Photo gallery should see them. I believe they have to be mp4, and maybe some other formats work, but none of my avi files get detected as I don't believe they're supported.
    04-30-2010 11:46 PM
    Ohhhh. Yeah that's what I did except my video I was testing with was .avi so maybe that's why it didn't work.

Thanks a lot!
    05-01-2010 12:03 AM
    Ohhhh. Yeah I did that but the video I was testing with was .avi so maybe that why it didn't work.

Thanks a lot!
    05-01-2010 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD