ota gingerbread

KiboeTheDog

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
i don't think it will get one, it's eol was in march and HTC isn't saying one way or the other about it.
besides, we can always root and use roms.

i just went to skyraider, yeah, froyo, but, gotta start somewhere, eh?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
They are definitely working on it - we had a leak which was pleasantly bloat free, so I'm sure they are just cramming it up. ;)

I would guess August as well, but it's purely speculation.

silentbobdrummer

May 29, 2010
Visit site
They are definitely working on it - we had a leak which was pleasantly bloat free, so I'm sure they are just cramming it up. ;)

I would guess August as well, but it's purely speculation.

They bloated Froyo and the update after so much I didn't think there was anything left for Verizon to add...

KiboeTheDog

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Root and you can see it right away :)

true dat!. i really think the people who post on this forum like "oh, it's old, blah, blah, the camera sucks"
really don't know how to root :p

and asking verizon to provide a working update is like asking for a miracle.

PeninaD

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I've wanted to root for the first time, but figured I would wait and see what the VZW/HTC Gingerbread looked like first. Really annoying this long wait. Most of us who got this phone got it just over 1 year ago on a 2 year plan, so we have almost a year to ponder the crappy service we got for our DINCs...even if this phone is EOL, this is no way for a corporation to keep customers happy or upgrading with them in the future.

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I've wanted to root for the first time, but figured I would wait and see what the VZW/HTC Gingerbread looked like first. Really annoying this long wait. Most of us who got this phone got it just over 1 year ago on a 2 year plan, so we have almost a year to ponder the crappy service we got for our DINCs...even if this phone is EOL, this is no way for a corporation to keep customers happy or upgrading with them in the future.

Amen to that one! If you remember, the DInc got a big Froyo update because they initially worked on the DROID boot animation and My Verizon app that was separate, to be pushed in July '10 but got combined into the Froyo update that came in August. We ARE getting the GB update. It is only a matter of when. Even at EOL, it is still one of Big Red's most popular phones.

PeninaD

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Still, this is the "great" and informative answer I just got from VZWSupport on Twitter:
I do not have any info on gingerbread for the Droid Incredible. To be informed, please sign up for email alerts: bit.ly/hlA0CQ ^EW
Direct message sent by VZW Support (@VZWSupport) to you (@PeninaD) on Aug 01, 12:24 PM.
:mad:

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Still, this is the "great" and informative answer I just got from VZWSupport on Twitter:
:mad:

Here is the goofy thing. You will get a better answer from HTC themselves then Verizon. HTC sent me an e-mail back after I inquired about the GB update and I was told "by late summer". And that was 4 weeks ago. Try e-mailing them and see if you get that same cut-n-paste response.

PeninaD

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Here ya go, HTC's most current reply:
Penina, I certainly understand how frustrating it can be when you are trying to find out about update. Being that it is a combined effort between HTC, Google, and your carrier to produce working updates for our devices, we don’t have any information about updates that are coming out until they are released for those devices. When an update is available for your device you will receive a notification letting you know. What you can do is keep an eye out on HTC’s Facebook and Twitter pages, as well as your carrier’s webpage for more information about updates.

Sincerely,

Rafael

HTC

Want to see what others are saying? Have a question to ask other HTC fans?

Become a fan of HTC facebook.com/htc
Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/htc
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel youtube.com/htc

KiboeTheDog

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
yeah, like i said earlier, i don't think we will get it anytime soon. they EOL'd it to bring out the Dinc2 which isn't much of an upgrade...other then the fact that it's running on gb (most users who are on customs roms have GB by now, i do) and has a front facing camera, no trackball.....pretty much it's a little version of the t-bolt

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
yeah, like i said earlier, i don't think we will get it anytime soon. they EOL'd it to bring out the Dinc2 which isn't much of an upgrade...other then the fact that it's running on gb (most users who are on customs roms have GB by now, i do) and has a front facing camera, no trackball.....pretty much it's a little version of the t-bolt

We'll, HTC has officially stated that the GB update isn't going to be ready for the Thunderbolt until Q3, which is anytime between today and the next 8 weeks. And that version I expected to be out before the Droid Incredible got its GB update. So I don't think we'll see the update for the DInc until at least then.

KiboeTheDog

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
We'll, HTC has officially stated that the GB update isn't going to be ready for the Thunderbolt until Q3, which is anytime between today and the next 8 weeks. And that version I expected to be out before the Droid Incredible got its GB update. So I don't think we'll see the update for the DInc until at least then.

i don't think we will see one at all unless it's from a developer modifying the evo source code. which the evo source code GOT RELEASED by HTC a week ago or so. i mean, look at the continuum, people were told it was going to get froyo this year, never did, so developers modified the fascinate source code and gave it to the continuum. (i got rid of mine, yeah, yeah, stupid now, but ya know what, the ticker was anoying.

jway320

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Today when I was checking my battery use, I noticed that under Android System, on of the processes it was controlling was Upgrade Setup. I've never noticed this before, so I didn't know if this was normal, or if there was a potential upgrade coming out soon. Any ideas?