Rename Gmail Label Shortcuts?

Strygun

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey folks,

I have a personal Gmail account and a school Google Apps account, both running through the GMail app on my incredible. So far, I have created two shortcuts on my home screen that correspond to different inboxes (one for my personal and one for school.)

Unfortunately, they both have the same icon and are both named "Inbox." Is there any way to rename them or change their icons?

Genetic_Bloom

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
As far as I know it's impossible to change the icons. There might be some other clever solution around but I know for sure you can't rename or change the app icons. I thought the account inboxes were joined though, you have two separate apps for both?

Strygun

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know it's impossible to change the icons. There might be some other clever solution around but I know for sure you can't rename or change the app icons. I thought the account inboxes were joined though, you have two separate apps for both?
No, they're both running through the "Gmail" app. What I did was to create two separate home screen "shortcuts" to Gmail Labels. When you create them, you first select which Gmail account you want (in my case, either personal or school), then which label from that particular account.

Obviously, they're both named "inbox" on both accounts, but I'd like to rename them so I don't get them confused. It's time consuming to open the Gmail app and then switch account views...