08-06-2010 11:20 PM
547 1234 ...
tools
    I like Blackberry Messenger, I can tell when my message is on their phone, and I can tell when they have read the message I sent.

Does Droid (Incredible) have the same ability to show the difference between a "received" message and a "read" message?
    Good question...i would like to know as well
    04-20-2010 03:27 PM
    I like Blackberry Messenger, I can tell when my message is on their phone, and I can tell when they have read the message I sent. That and email push is awesome (I almost said incredible but that would be inappropriate here). My wife has the Eris and I have the Storm 1 and I am now eligible for an upgrade. Does Droid (Incredible) have the same ability to show the difference between a "received" message and a "read" message?
    what kind of message?
    04-20-2010 04:13 PM
    Nothing is going to go as in depth as BBM. But look on the brightside, you don't have to worry about laggy messages or data outages. Looks like there's an option for delivery and read receipts for MMS though
    04-20-2010 04:24 PM
    Nothing is going to go as in depth as BBM. But look on the brightside, you don't have to worry about laggy messages or data outages. Looks like there's an option for delivery and read receipts for MMS though
    the delivery "D" only works for people using VZW phones though i would guess. just like on the BBs

and yes losing BBM would be tough for sure. I love it.
    04-20-2010 04:31 PM
    and yes losing BBM would be tough for sure. I love it.
    x2 ... that's the ONLY part of my blackberry i think i am actually going to miss.
    04-20-2010 04:41 PM
    I thought the same thing until I made the switch. You don't realize how much your hands are tied behind your back til you switch to Android. The experience is just so much better and the devices have almost unlimited potential.
    04-20-2010 04:44 PM
    Finally going to take the plunge and unchain myself from my Tour. Time to move to something that might actually work when required without having to pull the battery, dance on one leg, touch your nose, and hope it doesn't lock up again.

Anyway, I'm looking for input/advice before taking the plunge.

1. Moto Droid with both physical keyboard and touch, or just touch?

2. Heard the Moto Droid has better signal strength, which BB has blown me away with. Live in ND, and there aren't towers everywhere.

3. Been reading a lot about battery usage. Are they really that bad? Can go 2-3 days on a charge on my Tour with average use. If I can't get a day on a charge it's gonna be tough to swallow.

4. How mad will I be when neither phone gets updated to 2.2 and in 6 months they are up to 1.5 GHz processors with super AMOLED screens and 1 gig RAM/ROM and I'm SOL.

Thanks for your input
    04-20-2010 10:29 PM
    1. yes, there are both software and hardware keyboards

2. it's a very subjective opinion of signal strength b/t the two, so far it seems only engadget has said that the incredible seems to have less signal, but it could just be a software issue. even still they said it showed less bars, but still had signal...

3. most touch screen smart phones average about a day of use on the battery. 99% sure an extended battery will be made for the phone which will make it fatter, but will give you the 2+ day charge. another solution is just to get a spare battery

4. that really depends on you. until google revamps the market and allows apps to be stored on the sd cards, i really doubt you'll see anything that can stress the 1GHz processor in this phone let alone anything faster than it.

super AMOLED would be nice, but if you waited for new technology until it was perfect, you'd never buy anything
    04-21-2010 02:55 AM
    well im new here and to android os so i was reading this thread and wanted to ask a few things from here to, im not trying to hi jack it though.

so in order for me to get better quality out of my micro sd card i have in my storm as far as video and music you guys are saying copy all the files to my computer and and re install into the incredible. well heres my question i know i use the itunes converter on desktop manger for black berry so all that music im going to have to find the files on my cpu and all the album art and all that and install it indivdually on the incredible or can i just drag and drop and it will automatically get all that info?

next question is im using a mac book pro, correct me if im wrong but i heard that android os has problems communicating with macs and its real hard to transfer files from my mac to a android phone.

last question, you said the incredible has push email. i only use gmail but the incredible only lets you sync one gmail account or is there a way to get two on there? i use one gmail account for business and the other is my personal so it would be real good if i can get both on the incredible. i can live with out my msn account if i have to but the gmails i need.
    04-21-2010 10:27 PM
    well im new here and to android os so i was reading this thread and wanted to ask a few things from here to, im not trying to hi jack it though.

so in order for me to get better quality out of my micro sd card i have in my storm as far as video and music you guys are saying copy all the files to my computer and and re install into the incredible. well heres my question i know i use the itunes converter on desktop manger for black berry so all that music im going to have to find the files on my cpu and all the album art and all that and install it indivdually on the incredible or can i just drag and drop and it will automatically get all that info?

next question is im using a mac book pro, correct me if im wrong but i heard that android os has problems communicating with macs and its real hard to transfer files from my mac to a android phone.

last question, you said the incredible has push email. i only use gmail but the incredible only lets you sync one gmail account or is there a way to get two on there? i use one gmail account for business and the other is my personal so it would be real good if i can get both on the incredible. i can live with out my msn account if i have to but the gmails i need.
    Not hard at all. Plug phone in, mount it, (it'll prompt on the phone when you plug it in), and it'll show up in Finder as a removable drive.

You can drag and drop if you want. However, if you do that, it isn't as easy to use playlists from iTunes, etc. I have a lot of playlists set up in iTunes, some of which aren't all the same artist, so I use DoubleTwist. It reads playlist info from iTunes, and allows you to transfer them over to your Android phone easily.
    04-21-2010 11:28 PM
    i can't wait to get rid of the stupid storm! WORST PHONE EVER!!! i coudn't believe how long i put up with it!
    04-22-2010 12:46 AM
    android 2.x lets you have more than one gmail account iirc
    04-22-2010 01:28 AM
    About the push email, the BIS let's me set up filters so certain emails never get to my storm. Is there a way to do this?
    04-22-2010 07:17 AM
    I can't wait for the Gmail experience on this phone, sucks that I have to wait a week.
    04-22-2010 07:28 AM
    So I was one of the lucky ones to get my Incredible yesterday. I used my Storm1 to take a picture of the Incredible and post it to facebook, then I activated the Incredible. I wondered how long it would be before I picked up the Storm again for whatever reason. I still haven't done it! The setup process on the Incredible is amazing, taking just seven minutes or so to latch on to all of my email, contacts, calendar events, facebook, etc. I popped out the SD card from my storm and stuck it in the Incredible and about a minute later was browsing through my photos, music and videos, no sweat. Even the album art was there already. My wife keeps saying she knows I'll complain about something sooner or later, and I'm feeling like that will be later. Much later. I do sorta feel sorry for my Storm though.
    04-22-2010 08:11 AM
    So I was one of the lucky ones to get my Incredible yesterday. I used my Storm1 to take a picture of the Incredible and post it to facebook, then I activated the Incredible. I wondered how long it would be before I picked up the Storm again for whatever reason. I still haven't done it! The setup process on the Incredible is amazing, taking just seven minutes or so to latch on to all of my email, contacts, calendar events, facebook, etc. I popped out the SD card from my storm and stuck it in the Incredible and about a minute later was browsing through my photos, music and videos, no sweat. Even the album art was there already. My wife keeps saying she knows I'll complain about something sooner or later, and I'm feeling like that will be later. Much later. I do sorta feel sorry for my Storm though.
    This sounds like me with my wife. I got the LG Dare and complained about it, then bought a Storm off Ebay a few months later, and have been ready for a new phone for months now and finally get to get the Incredible and I know she'll think I'll be ready for something else in a few months.
    04-22-2010 09:05 AM
    x2 ... that's the ONLY part of my blackberry i think i am actually going to miss.
    Agreed...I have so many people on my BBM list. It is going to suck to have to get them all to start using SMS to contact me instead of the BBM...I wish there was a way to move BBM over to other platforms.
    04-22-2010 09:12 AM
    i can't wait to get rid of the stupid storm! WORST PHONE EVER!!! i coudn't believe how long i put up with it!
    Seconded. I refer to the last 15 months as Cell Phone Purgatory.
    04-22-2010 10:06 AM
    On April 29th I will be leaving cell phone purgatory hell. The Storm 1 has been the worst consumer electronic experience of my life. I actually had to waste $15 on a new battery a couple weeks ago. It never lasted a day and the last month had been draining after a few hours. The worst 15 months ever. Thankfully HTC is going to fix this for me. I can't wait to get my new phone.
    Ya know that's exactly how I describe it to people too. It's not just the worst cell phone, it' the worst electronic device I've ever owned. And I've owned alot. Can't wait for my Incredible to arrive.

If you check out the BB fanboy site Crackberry, even there people have had it with RIM. When you're company is getting tons of negative comments on a site that's actually dedicated to your product, you're heading for big trouble. Bye RIM, hello Android!
    04-22-2010 10:26 AM
    Ya know that's exactly how I describe it to people too. It's not just the worst cell phone, it' the worst electronic device I've ever owned. And I've owned alot. Can't wait for my Incredible to arrive.

If you check out the BB fanboy site Crackberry, even there people have had it with RIM. When you're company is getting tons of negative comments on a site that's actually dedicated to your product, you're heading for big trouble. Bye RIM, hello Android!
    I think the clamshell device pics that leaked the other day are pushing people over the edge.
    04-22-2010 10:34 AM
    Wonder how much my Storm will bring on eBay along with all the accessories I have. I'd better post it up now, before everyone else gets their Incredible and the supply goes through the roof.
    04-22-2010 10:58 AM
    lol i sold my storm 1 for 175 with alot of extras about 3 months ago....so probably not much.
    04-22-2010 12:08 PM
    Wonder how much my Storm will bring on eBay along with all the accessories I have. I'd better post it up now, before everyone else gets their Incredible and the supply goes through the roof.
    I've been monitoring this. Depending on accessories, I've seen them going for $130-$175 as recently as a few days ago. I'm still amazed people are spending the money on this model.
    04-22-2010 12:25 PM
    the ONLY reason I would consider keeping my Storm (as a back up) is in case I need to travel internationally. I don't believe the Incredible has global capabilities. Is that correct?
    04-22-2010 12:54 PM
    I'm not gonna lie. I like Blackberry and my Storm2. I had a Storm1 when it first came out and understand why alot of people dislike it. The Storm2 is sooo what the Storm1 should have been. But that's all in the past.

I still like my Blackberry but I feel they are stagnant. They really need to do something to shake things up and from what has been leaked it doesn't look like they're taking that risk which is rather sad because they will be losing alot of customers to Android, iPhone, and perhaps WinPhone.

I didn't pull the trigger with the MotoDroid because I didn't like the keyboard and I still had high hopes for Blackberry OS. But the recent leaks of OS 6.0 doesn't make me anymore eager for the next Blackberry device.

Which is why I'm getting the Incredible next week. I've been following this device for awhile and I'm finally ready to pull the trigger. I can't wait to get it. XD
    04-22-2010 01:32 PM
547 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD