From BB to Incredible (Have issues, need help, advice)

kfrazer

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I will do this in another forum also, but you guys know the Storm apps and what you liked and what you didnt like. Based on that, what would you say the top 10 or so apps are now for the DrInc?

Well, the top "must have" apps for the storm performed functions that other smartphones have already - quicklaunch, stormslider, meterberry (for when your memory gets too low and you have to pull the battery). :eek:

There are a bunch of forum posts on must have android apps, however.

frozencloud

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Well, the top "must have" apps for the storm performed functions that other smartphones have already - quicklaunch, stormslider, meterberry (for when your memory gets too low and you have to pull the battery). :eek:

There are a bunch of forum posts on must have android apps, however.

can i ask a few questions regarding for andriod? i was wondering, over in blackberry...when it comes to app, some apps u need specific version to ur model due to different os, touch/nontouch, screen size/resolution, etc...how does that work over in android? Do you need a specific version for your model as well or is it 1 version for all?

Also, does android support foreign languages and allow asian language input? if so does this option come with the phone or do u need to purchase apps to get this feature?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
can i ask a few questions regarding for andriod? i was wondering, over in blackberry...when it comes to app, some apps u need specific version to ur model due to different os, touch/nontouch, screen size/resolution, etc...how does that work over in android? Do you need a specific version for your model as well or is it 1 version for all?

Also, does android support foreign languages and allow asian language input? if so does this option come with the phone or do u need to purchase apps to get this feature?

as far as compatibility goes, only compatible apps for your device will show up in the market. if you are sideloading apps, generally speaking, if they work with 2.x they will work with this device.

Tagged

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Also coming from an 8330.

My contract was up on the 22nd. Funny thing is that I did purchase a MotoDroid a couple weeks ago on wirefly when I thought I was up at the beginning of the month. So glad that order got cancelled as I had not seen anything on the DI.

Now my new internal struggle: Do I purchase at Best Buy or wait till Wirefly or Amanzonwireless post their prices?! And then can I wait for shipping? Grr!!!

bgstewar

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm making the leap from my 8330 as well! This phone is sooooooo slooooooooow, and watching the videos of the Incredible seriously makes me question how I've put up with this phone for so long! I mean, the web browsing alone...!!!

ted1735

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
For all the Storm and BB owners out there..... WHAT IS THERE TO THINK ABOUT????? Its a no brainer. Why do you need to "touch" the device. Things I hate about my Storm 1
1. Memory limitations
2. Slow browser
3. Pressdown for everything
4. Full size keyboard
5. Apps are horrible, and any good ones you have to pay for
6. You tube is horrible
Things I love
1. Suretype keyboard -- is the fastest and most accurate texting/typing I have ever done.
2. Sync with I tunes native with BB RIM via my PC
3. Batterylife for the most part is great unless I am in a diminished signal area. Easily get 2 days out of it.
4. Custom ring tones/settings for times of day and contacts

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
For all the Storm and BB owners out there..... WHAT IS THERE TO THINK ABOUT????? Its a no brainer. Why do you need to "touch" the device. Things I hate about my Storm 1
1. Memory limitations
2. Slow browser
3. Pressdown for everything
4. Full size keyboard
5. Apps are horrible, and any good ones you have to pay for
6. You tube is horrible
Things I love
1. Suretype keyboard -- is the fastest and most accurate texting/typing I have ever done.
2. Sync with I tunes native with BB RIM via my PC
3. Batterylife for the most part is great unless I am in a diminished signal area. Easily get 2 days out of it.
4. Custom ring tones/settings for times of day and contacts

I think that people just want to make sure that the hype is real....I am 200% positive I will buy this phone but not till I get my hands on it....hey I tried out the s1 before I bought and look what a great phone it has turned out to be.......

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
last question, you said the incredible has push email. i only use gmail but the incredible only lets you sync one gmail account or is there a way to get two on there? i use one gmail account for business and the other is my personal so it would be real good if i can get both on the incredible. i can live with out my msn account if i have to but the gmails i need.

I didn't see an answer to your question; so, . . .

I spoke to a guy on another forum - he was one of the lucky few to receive his Incredible last week. He confirmed for me that the Gmail app allows you to log in to multiple accounts, just as is possible with the Gmail app for BlackBerry.

He seemed like a reasonable source; so, I'm comfortable forwarding the info.

naga

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Another side question, what type of junk mail filters does android have built into it? On my BB, I use a app called MailMinder to build rules to make certain mail not do notifications or to delete junk mail immediately.

Is their something built into android OS to do this or is their an equivalent application I can download from the android store?

elamb23

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Just pre-ordered the Incredible, leaving my storm behind. I am sick of having to delete an app just to install a new one

Matt_AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Also, what are some other good sites/ forums to check out? I usually use Crackberry and BBHybrids for the Storm suff. Anything similar?

You're on it. Android Central is a sister site of CrackBerry. This is the #1 source of third-party/tech-geek Android information.

Throwing my hat in the ring; I am also going from the BlackBerry Storm 9530 to the HTC Droid Incredible. Unlike most of you, I actually like the Storm, especially after keeping up with OS leaks. It has treated me well. It's just time to move into 2010.

For those of you wondering about Google-based apps, think about it! This is a Google phone. From what I understand, most of it comes pre-installed on the phone anyway; Earth, Maps, Docs, Talk, etc. Google apps cannot run any better than on a Google phone.

One question I have that has not been confidently addressed yet is whether my MicroUSB accessories for my Storm will work on the Droid Incredible I've pre-ordered. If possible, I'd like to avoid replacing my vehicle charger, and I'd like to use the extra USB cables and wall chargers that I already own here at the office.

I appreciate everyone's input on the memory card situation. I will definitely be moving the data off of it via the Storm and formatting it before porting it to the Incredible.

If I have any worries at all about the Incredible, it's the battery life. Nearly every source out there rates it as worse than the Storm. We may all have to get used to charging it once in the middle of the day. We'll see.

The only two things I'm truly going to miss is BlackBerry Messenger (already addressed tenfold here!) along with UberTwitter, unquestionable the best cellphone Twitter application I've ever used. What Twitter application is rated best for Droid 2.1+ phones?

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
yeah, I actually liked the Storm since I immediately started running the leaked OS's and hybrids. I would've probably gone nuts if I had waited on the official 5.0 release. In the end it was rim shortcomings (crappy browser, lag, BIS outages, etc) that led me to the world of Droid and I haven't looked back. After having the Droid for 3 months, I have no intentions of every going back to a blackberry.

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Just sold my Storm on eBay for $158 along with a slew of accessories. I'm guessing after Thursday you won't be able to get more than $100.

Grizzly420

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I am coming from a curve 8320, storm 1, storm 2 which i love most of the time. Am i getting the Incredible YES I AM i cant wait for Thursday. Good advice on the second to op about coping to computer reformatting and reinstalling. I will definitely being doing that. Man i am excited.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Just sold my Storm on eBay for $158 along with a slew of accessories. I'm guessing after Thursday you won't be able to get more than $100.

i think you'll still be able to get more than $100 on ebay.

ie: people who want a GSM/CDMA touchscreen phone will still pick one up (and for just having it for overseas use, to get it for 100 - 150 isn't a bad deal)

it's better than any winmo phone for sure

LiQuidZero

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Just got done transferring all of my Storm1 contacts to Google via Google Sync app. Now I need to figure out how to get all the information from my Password Keeper to the Incredible when it arrives. Any suggestions?

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
You're on it. Android Central is a sister site of CrackBerry. This is the #1 source of third-party/tech-geek Android information.

Throwing my hat in the ring; I am also going from the BlackBerry Storm 9530 to the HTC Droid Incredible. Unlike most of you, I actually like the Storm, especially after keeping up with OS leaks. It has treated me well. It's just time to move into 2010.

For those of you wondering about Google-based apps, think about it! This is a Google phone. From what I understand, most of it comes pre-installed on the phone anyway; Earth, Maps, Docs, Talk, etc. Google apps cannot run any better than on a Google phone.

One question I have that has not been confidently addressed yet is whether my MicroUSB accessories for my Storm will work on the Droid Incredible I've pre-ordered. If possible, I'd like to avoid replacing my vehicle charger, and I'd like to use the extra USB cables and wall chargers that I already own here at the office.

I appreciate everyone's input on the memory card situation. I will definitely be moving the data off of it via the Storm and formatting it before porting it to the Incredible.

If I have any worries at all about the Incredible, it's the battery life. Nearly every source out there rates it as worse than the Storm. We may all have to get used to charging it once in the middle of the day. We'll see.

The only two things I'm truly going to miss is BlackBerry Messenger (already addressed tenfold here!) along with UberTwitter, unquestionable the best cellphone Twitter application I've ever used. What Twitter application is rated best for Droid 2.1+ phones?

USB is 5 volts DC. It doesn't matter if it's a car charger, a wall charger, or off your computer.

Motorola was good about sending a verification signal down the line with the 5 volts...making sure you paid top dollar for their chargers rather than getting a generic one. I haven't seen any phones do that in a while...but I could be wrong.

The worst it will do is tell you you're using an "unauthorized charger."

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar