From BB to Incredible (Have issues, need help, advice)

blunt420

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok I dnt have a google acct so basically set up a gmail acct? I prob dnt have enuf memory to put google sync on my storm and I think my contacts are on the sdcard

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Ok I dnt have a google acct so basically set up a gmail acct? I prob dnt have enuf memory to put google sync on my storm and I think my contacts are on the sdcard

delete some apps off your storm if necessary. And yes, create a google account. You will need it for the Inc anyway.

daso

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I guess that 700mb holds a decent amount of programs, as I just looked at my stock phone memory and its still at 700mb and I haven't installed any games or other programs yet.

mritter88

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
There are only two things I've noticed myself missing:

The ability to turn the phone off and have it turn itself on at a predetermined time. I used this every night on my BB; I'd set the alarm and then shut the phone off to save the battery.

Customized sound profiles. I had one set for work, for example, where everything was silent except for phone calls and appointment reminders, which would vibrate. This was the setting I used when I was sitting at my desk. I haven't found an easy way to replicate this yet, without manually changing notification preferences for different types of messages each time.

The only other difficulty I've had is adjusting to the notification light; I'm so used to seeing that little red blinking light, but on the Incredible it's yellow and not as bright, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Lastly, I love the alarm clocks on this, especially being able to set multiple alarms as opposed to just one on the BB.

Overall I LOVE this phone, it's so much better than any BlackBerry I've used. Keyboard is excellent too.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Customized sound profiles. I had one set for work, for example, where everything was silent except for phone calls and appointment reminders, which would vibrate. This was the setting I used when I was sitting at my desk. I haven't found an easy way to replicate this yet, without manually changing notification preferences for different types of messages each time.

Check out the Quick Profiles app in the market. Doesn't really allow you to change the vibrate state individually (all or nothing) though but you can adjust the sound.

GooTz66

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
CB/BB Genius here that finally made the switch and am loving Android and the Incredible! Trying to learn as much as I can if anyone has some good info for android noobs i would love to read.

jrapp

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Any idea whether Droid or HTC has some kind of program similar to Blackberry's Desktop Manager? How does the phone sync to your Outlook account for calendar/ contacts, etc?
Also, what are some other good sites/ forums to check out? I usually use Crackberry and BBHybrids for the Storm suff. Anything similar?

Yes. You can download it from Android Market. It's free.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
There are only two things I've noticed myself missing:

The ability to turn the phone off and have it turn itself on at a predetermined time. I used this every night on my BB; I'd set the alarm and then shut the phone off to save the battery.

The only other difficulty I've had is adjusting to the notification light; I'm so used to seeing that little red blinking light, but on the Incredible it's yellow and not as bright, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Lastly, I love the alarm clocks on this, especially being able to set multiple alarms as opposed to just one on the BB.

Overall I LOVE this phone, it's so much better than any BlackBerry I've used. Keyboard is excellent too.

I heard the battery life is shorter than the Flyers/ Devils series :D

murphythadog

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
From BB to Droid

The first couple of Droid phones that I played with at work weren't all that great. I think the Sprint MyTouch and the Motorola Droid are the only two that I've had contact with. I was a bit leary of the Incredible, kind of hoping for the iPhone for VZW, but my Storm is kind of busted so I had to upgrade. Got a 1 year upgrade for an extra 70 bucks as I like to have a new phone each year.

Have a couple of questions. How do you like the typing? I don't like how it vibrates when you touch a key, I know you can turn that off, but do most of you leave it on? Will it save battery life if I turn it off?

How well does it sync with Exchange. Does it do calendar contacts and email all OTA or is it only email OTA and you have to sync calendar and contacts via cable?

Look forward to exploring the market and getting my feet wet in this new OS. Will still have to deal with Blackberry as I'm the BES admin, but as soon as we move to hosted exchange we'll be trying to get users to move to Droid/WinMo7/iPhone as preferred devices.

dr.duct_mossburg

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Im kind of in the same boat. I actually have an employee line, and got this as a data/text line at bestbuy because my supervisor wouldn't let us get one.

I don't really know what you were looking at because I think any droid outperforms the Storm. (i still have mine). The internet speed is like a Miata vs. a lambo. lol

I left the vibration on to get some feedback (I still prefer suretype over straight touch, and am sad to see that it never caught on in the market). I've also been using voice to text a lot. It helps me not look like a drunk driver going down the road, lol.

The battery life sucks on the phone but MAN is it smooth and fast. Im very happy with it. Still adjusting, but very happy.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Are the pictures automaticly saved to the SD card, or do i have to move them? I liked on the BB they were auto saved.

You have to change the storage in the camera's settings.

Start the camera
See the tab on the far left edge of the screen? Swipe it to the right.
New menu opens up.
Bottom button is settings.
Look for "Storage"

blunt420

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
You have to change the storage in the camera's settings.

Start the camera
See the tab on the far left edge of the screen? Swipe it to the right.
New menu opens up.
Bottom button is settings.
Look for "Storage"

thx was useful lol is there anyway to change profiles or is there a way to silent texts and mms's and emails like on bb?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678