Voice Mail Password setup

socal sxt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
How do you get your password to work so that when you call your voice mail it automatically enters your password after it dails. It was easy on the BB but I cant figure it out on the Incredible.

Brian38501

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Go to Settings>Voicemail settings then select Voicemail number. Once there you should see the voicemail number as *86. Now just add a pause by putting a p after the *86. You may have to add 2 pauses. After adding the p you can now add your password right after it. For instance, mine looks like this: *86ppXXXX where XXXX is my password.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

tjefferson3

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Can you use youmail?
I assume one could?
I'm having trouble with my youmail app, voicemail don't show up for an hour no matter what my poll settings are, and I'm not receiving texts alerts when I have a voicemail...don't know if it's the phone or because I ported my number over from AT&T....I'm getting the run around from Verizon saying that they don't support 3rd party apps, and I'm getting the run around from Youmail support saying that I have to get with the carrier...go figure...I uninstalled Youmail and now I'm waiting on an invite for Google Voice.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
For those who can't find it...

It's Settings>Call>Voicemail Settings...

(Then follow the steps above)

Thank you very much, as I am New to Android and was trying to accomplish this same task, and that missing step of (Call) was misleading me. So many thanks for clariying it. Worked perfectly now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz