Email FAQ (Updated 7/10/2010) and Q & A Thread

scooz16

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry but I haven't seen anything for syncing a mobile me mac account. Is it best to just go through gmail for this??

Thanks in advance

jbragg

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Trouble with email attachments

My wife just got her new Incredible and she's having an issue with some emails with attachments.

When she clicks on one in question, she gets a message that says [This mail is still on the server]. I checked and her message limit is set "No Limit".

Here's a couple of additional details:

She has received emails w/ attachments that she can open, but so far I can't figure out where the difference is.

Also, I forwarded the email from the web (AOL) to my phone, then forwarded it from there to her and she was able to open that one.

Any suggestions for this Droid noob?

Thanks!

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
What type of server is she connecting to? POP, IMAP, Exchange, or Gmail?

I know with Exchange there is an arrow next to the attachment that allows me to download it.

P.S. - moving to the Email FAQ / Q&A thread.

out2dasea

May 1, 2010
Visit site
how do I get my facebook birthdays into my calendar? they are in my contact info on phone, but not on calendar.

Last edited:

rortt

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
HTC Email client vs. Touchdown -- Account Setup

Has anyone noticed that the HTC email client doesn't work with certain server setups, but the Touchdown client will?

I have been trying for several days to get the HTC client to work with our corporate Exchange server. I can never get authentication of my user account to work through the HTC Client. We are using a fairly standard setup of using our OWA server as our ActivSync server with SSL on. The client always says my account can't be authenticated.

I downloaded the trial to Touchdown last night, setup the account, and on the first try it logged onto the server. Everything appears to work through the Touchdown client.

I am also having problems with an IMAP account that the HTC Email client won't talk to and I am going to try to use an external mail client to logon to that account also.

Has anyone else seen these types of problems on the HTC Email client? I would rather just use the built-in client, but it doesn't appear that it is going to work.

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
First off I am new here and new to Android as of next week. I currently have a Storm, which honestly when its working properly I like. But It is so buggy and I am sick of battery pulls just like every other user that I am switching to the Inc.

I apologize if this has been covered but I have been lurking for a week and not seen a concise answer so I will ask.

I have Yahoo mail and have had it for years so I cant really change. I depend on my email all day and it is a must for me. After reading some posts I am nervous about jumping from BB since that is the one thing they do well. Anyway If anyone could tell me how well Yahoo mail works with an Inc. and how soon your mail comes thru, also can you delete mail from phone while leaving it in your mail account I would certainly appreciate any help given.

jrapp

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
First off I am new here and new to Android as of next week. I currently have a Storm, which honestly when its working properly I like. But It is so buggy and I am sick of battery pulls just like every other user that I am switching to the Inc.

I apologize if this has been covered but I have been lurking for a week and not seen a concise answer so I will ask.

I have Yahoo mail and have had it for years so I cant really change. I depend on my email all day and it is a must for me. After reading some posts I am nervous about jumping from BB since that is the one thing they do well. Anyway If anyone could tell me how well Yahoo mail works with an Inc. and how soon your mail comes thru, also can you delete mail from phone while leaving it in your mail account I would certainly appreciate any help given.

If I were in your shoes, here's what I would do. You are getting a brand new device, with a brand new experience. You might as well upgrade the entire process.

Have your yahoo mail forwarded to a gmail account. Put in a tag line on your signature to take note of your new email address and soon all your contacts will be using yoru gmail address. You and your contacts wont notice any difference.

The phone is designed by Google. Its really meant to be used with gmail for the best operation. If I didn't use outlook and exchange, that's what I would do.

Just my two cents. Or Sense. :D

blunt420

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
If I were in your shoes, here's what I would do. You are getting a brand new device, with a brand new experience. You might as well upgrade the entire process.

Have your yahoo mail forwarded to a gmail account. Put in a tag line on your signature to take note of your new email address and soon all your contacts will be using yoru gmail address. You and your contacts wont notice any difference.

The phone is designed by Google. Its really meant to be used with gmail for the best operation. If I didn't use outlook and exchange, that's what I would do.

Just my two cents. Or Sense. :D

how do you have it fowarded and whats a tagline??? id like to foward my aol acct and im in the same boat ive had it for years

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
how do you have it fowarded and whats a tagline??? id like to foward my aol acct and im in the same boat ive had it for years

You should be able to forward from your mail options tab. On yahoo it says "POP and Forwarding". Also in your options you can create a signature which is what i think he meant by tag line. In that signature write please note my address has changed or something to that effect.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to forward from your mail options tab. On yahoo it says "POP and Forwarding". Also in your options you can create a signature which is what i think he meant by tag line. In that signature write please note my address has changed or something to that effect.

Be advised, forwarding with Yahoo mail requires upgrading to mail plus...plus money is what they should say. it doesn't cost too much but setting up a gmail account is free and its push so the choice was easy for me.

(first post in android central, hooray!)

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that the HTC email client doesn't work with certain server setups, but the Touchdown client will?

I have been trying for several days to get the HTC client to work with our corporate Exchange server. I can never get authentication of my user account to work through the HTC Client. We are using a fairly standard setup of using our OWA server as our ActivSync server with SSL on. The client always says my account can't be authenticated.

Have your tried different variations of your username? For example: domain\user & password, instead of just user & password? Are there any logs on the server side that your admin would be willing to look at?

blunt420

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible that when you open an email ( say fb notice) could it automatically open to a web page instead of a link to click

droidme

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Gmail bandwidth problem? Today, I started getting error messages on my pc for my Thunderbird email client which is connected to my google apps email account:

error:connection to the server imap.gmail.com failed

This is the same account that is successfully working on my phone. In reading about others' problems with the error, it seems there is a gmail "bandwidth cap" if you are polling too frequently from multiple clients. I have Thunderbird set to check mail every 15 minutes on my pc, but I see nothing to adjust how often the gmail account on my incredible polls the server. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Edit: Update. I can get rid of the error by logging in with my credentials to the unlock captcha page, but I am still concerned that this is going to be a continuing problem.

Last edited:

jrapp

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I have thought about that. Can you delete Gmail from phone w/o deleting from gmail like on a BB?

Thanks for your input.

Not sure. I've never used gmail on an Android. I have a gmail icon on my home screen so I can search and archive those emails but all my mail is forwarded to a single Exchange address. I've never configured gmail through the native app on Android.

credo

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I want to forward an email to a group in gmail. How is that done? I typed the group name in the TO: field with negative results.

Flavor4Daze

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Optimum Online Email Setting for Incredible

On the Outgoing Server.... Just change your port to 587. Everything else should stay the same. Hope this helps :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome