"More Questions"

1kanaka27

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
1--Is there a way to disable the message preview on the homescreen? Really what is the purpose of securing your phone is someone can read you messages?

2--Is there a setting on for how often your email gets pushed. I've be having to do it manually.

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Yes you can remove the email widget. Long press, when you feel it shake, then drag it to the bottom of the screen, when it turns red, release and it is gone.

When email is open, press menu and you will find a setting for how often the phone goes and gets email.

1kanaka27

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
To clarify...I'm talking about the message preview that is below the "drag down to unlock"...its shows the name who the text is from and a preview of what they wrote...

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Are talking about the notification bar on the top of the screen? If so the message will only have the text up for a brief time then just show an mail icon show you have an unread message.

markhunsaker

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Not that I'm aware of. Dd you check the settings under messages?

There is a setting for your e-mail. click on mail > more > settings > it is under send & receive

markhunsaker

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Are talking about the notification bar on the top of the screen? If so the message will only have the text up for a brief time then just show an mail icon show you have an unread message.

No, the OP is talking about under the lock slider when you power the screen on. There is a brief display of the message.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You can try to disable your email notification and see if that works. email>setting

Or try to enable pattern lock.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Possible solution for #1

Download Handcent (Free SMS Client in Market)

In Messages
Untick Notifications

In Handcent
Untick Enable Popup
Tick Notifications

ourview

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Am a new cell phone user and am having trouble getting the Incredible sound loud enough to hear. I do have the sound bar as high as it will go. Is there a system setting that I can adjust the sound?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech